Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: Explanation of Contacts & Friends

Length
    10/BSL/BWL
    Type
    1a/M/i

Default Re: Explanation of Contacts & Friends

Hello, I'm new on here too, so thanks for the clarifications. I'll still start posting away to make the 100th mark and when I get comfortable I'll do a hair journal too. I wish I found LHC years ago.

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Sorry to resurrect this old thread but I have a question that I'm having a hard time finding the answer to. In my profile privacy settings, it says that "friends" will be able to view contact info. What does that mean? Will it display the email address I used to register with? I know the mods can see that, but if I become friends with someone, will they be able to see that too?

Or does it just mean they'll be able to view the "optional information" part of my profile? TIA.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Type
    3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by vindo View Post
    Oh wow..its complex o_O

Everyone is a friend to me ..maybe I should check if I was removed anywhere..
    I’ve never seen this post before.

Same (I know this post is old but….). I’ve never really thought much about this, and its interesting to read the different perspectives on “friends” on this site. I add everyone. I dont think too much about it.

As an unrelated side note, I dislike the profile views function. Sometimes I try to click a thread and I click the name, so it looks like I am looking at all these profiles. It’s pretty rare that I view a profile unless that person has an image or blog that they refer to for some reason.

Good topic, good read.
    3/9/2015 decided to grow out gray Cut to pixie: 3/9/2015 BSL 4/2018, Cut to shoulder 6/2021. Started coloring again 2018. Currently growing out & going back to gray Goal length: waist+

Long tea-time for hair neko_kawaii's Avatar
    Thats the temperature - not the speed limit.
    Length
    12 in/58.5/term
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Regarding what contact info is viewable by members vs friends, it isn’t your email. If you go into your settings under edit profile and scroll down a bit there is a section headed Optional Information that includes web site and IM addresses (wow, do any of those still exist?!). That is what is considered contact info in the profile privacy settings.

58.5 in, 2a, F, ii (3 in)
    Lady Kawaii-In-The-Garden the Terminally Curious of the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    Mod hat off. Mod hat on. Don't make me wear the mod hat, it messes up my hair. *grin*

Length
    MBL/MBL/KNEE

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    Regarding what contact info is viewable by members vs friends, it isn’t your email. If you go into your settings under edit profile and scroll down a bit there is a section headed Optional Information that includes web site and IM addresses (wow, do any of those still exist?!). That is what is considered contact info in the profile privacy settings.
    Thanks so much! That's what I was thinking, but I wanted to be sure.
    MBL~WL~HL~TBL~ FTL~ KNEE

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by neko_kawaii View Post
    My goodness. It does take one back to those days, doesn't it? Remember AOL. Remember MSN messenger. My goodness. Or even old-fashioned dial-up and the well-known modem "ring tone". My that is etched in my brain.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)