Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: A "MAJOR" cut for me... <LONG w/ PICS>

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Default A "MAJOR" cut for me... <LONG w/ PICS>

I said I'd never walk into a salon and sit down in front of a stranger but I did just that on Monday evening after dropping my daughter off at dance class. I had a great experience too! As I walked in, the stylist said I have a 20 minute wait. As I stood there, I comptemplated running out the door. haha I stayed though and watched her cut a young girl's waist length hair to shoulder length with nice layers. As I stood there and watched her, I felt confidant that this young girl knew what she was doing so I stayed to do what I went there to do.

I opted out of having my hair washed as I read the ingrediants of the poo and conditioner bottle. <stupid nut allergy anyways> She sprayed my hair with a water bottle and the conversation started about what I was wanting and I told her and she suggested that since I still wanted long hair that we be conservative because once it's gone, it's gone! I had a great experience with this stranger named Kasey and will probably go back and see her in a year or so... hopefully, she'll still be there!

I'm of the feeling that this growing out color business is brutal. I thought growing out layers was brutal and here I am again, feeling the same way about color!

I had been quietly contemplating this decision for some time. Would I be willing to sacrifice good length in-exchange for getting rid of what "was" a rich brown color that went brassy on me?! I think I can! If I can chop from APL to shoulder length to get rid of layers and be good with it, I can go from a bit past BSL to APL with some layers to get rid of nasty, brassy color! NO DOUBT!

I knew when I started, I had two goals in mind... get rid of layers and grow out color! I have 16 months and counting of growing out color and over two years of recovering from an awful cut. I am far from having my hair the way I want it but I have to asess my situation and line my goals up and I have done that a few times since joining LHC <just so happens, I'm not done>! haha I'm going to blame paper for all of this too! J/K paper! You have been an inspiration to me!

Before... 11/16/09

So without further ado... my new do! For now...

I still have some growing to do. I am just so sick of the brassy color. It has faded so much and I just want my natural hair back already, even if I have to grow it back out, that doesn't seem to be an issue with my hair... some of you know it grows like a bad weed which is good!

I've just come to a cross road where I knew I had to make a decision and I believe that my hair will thank me for making the right decision eventually. It sure is weird though not being able to throw my hair up like I used to do though!

I'm happy with this for now as I seem to have a 50/50 mix of virgin/color treated hair.

Here are a couple more pics...

I really like how my true color shows through in this pic...

I am almost there! Goals! Goals! Goals! They're made to keep and made to break! For anyone out there wondering what they should do with their hair, do what you feel you need to do! Think about it before you do it and most of all, Love Your Hair for what it is and nothing more or less!

IMMV!

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

Default Re: A "MAJOR" cut for me... <LONG w/ PICS>

Addy, your hair looks absolutely beautiful! I like the cut. Paper sure started something, didn't she? I think I can see a silver or two peeking out in that last pic!

It's always nice to hear a good story about a hairdresser. I'm glad you had a good experience, and your hair looks fantastic! (Another few months, and you could cut the rest of it right out!)

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    17/waist/knee
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Arrow Re: A "MAJOR" cut for me... <LONG w/ PICS>

Addy, Your hair looks nice The cut looks good, she did a nice U shape. I have to say that your hair looked fine before the cut as well. Is your colored hair full of splits or is it just that fact that you don't like the color?
    Lady Cocoa Silk of the Longhaired Knights!
    My beautiful dark chocolate colored hair flowing through the winds
    toward the shaded canopy of chocolate trees.

The new growth looks like it's in really good condition!

Type
    1a/M/ii

Your natural color looks great! Hair will grow!

Posterchild for Monistat
    Length
    1"/26"/waist
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

Your hair color is gorgeous. Any one whos grown out color knows how you feel. Rather have it gone then feeling like everyone is staring a two toned hair- even if they really aren't'. It looks great. And your have all that length back in no time flat filled with nice virgin hair
    Makeup Tutorials for the brave and colorful
    View the Monistat Tutorial
    here
    My Hair Blog:
    http://suicideseve.blogspot.com

Length
    Jaw/Waist/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Yup, growing out ANYTHING is brutal 'cos you're always faced with the same choice--keep the new length and hate the old thing, or chop the old thing and sacrifice the inches.

Your hairstylist did a good job, though. I like the new 'do, and your natural color is a lovely shade. Good luck growing it all back!
    Owning my vague creepiness . . .

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by DarkChocolate View Post
    Addy, Your hair looks nice The cut looks good, she did a nice U shape. I have to say that your hair looked fine before the cut as well. Is your colored hair full of splits or is it just that fact that you don't like the color?
    My hair had not one split. I just don't like the brassiness. 16 months of fading has just caught up to me and I was ready to just do it! I tried the temp color that paper did awhile ago and it washed out in less than two days. It was not worth the effort in my opinion.

I have to now decide if and when I will do it again. I'm not sure but as soon as I figure it out, I will know what to do. I think I'm going to let this cut settle for a few months before I start thinking about it again.

Thanks for the compliments! I think Kasey did a wonderful job!

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Very nice cut. Happy growing!

Length
    Bob/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1b/F/i

Nice hemline. The stylist did very well.
    APL-BSL-Waist
    -wavy- cwc