Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you ever feel vulnerable about your hair?

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Do you ever feel vulnerable about your hair?

I feel kinda silly about this. Recently I have started wearing my hair down. It has finally grown past that awkward stage and is at a length right now that I love to wear it down. However, I feel vulnerable with it down...almost like it's all 'hanging out there'....exposed!! Does anyone else ever feel like this?

Type
    1b/F/ii

Hey, I thought I was the only one who felt like that! I feel weirdly vulnerable and visible if I go out with my hair down, or even in a low ponytail or a braid. And my hair's not even that long!

In fact, i do. And it's true that you Are more vunerable with you hair open! Someone could grap and pull it, or do someting to your hair what you dont want to. It can allso get stuck to things. When my hair is in a bun, it's much less likely that some crazy teengirl from my schools comes and starts making me braids without my promission (Yes, it has happened, many many times..)

Length
    26.5/30/36.5
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Yes, so much! And I think I feel so with good reason. I babysit my cousins so I'm always playing with them and it would get squashed and pulled on accident so I have to wear it up then. And at home I hold and play with my one year old niece, so it gets pulled and dirty then. So... I have to wear it up alot.

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I think I'm just the opposite.....I feel more "empowered" if you will and a sense of security when my hair is down.

Obsessive Oilaholic ChloeDharma's Avatar
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Oh i feel much more vulnerable with my hair down.....i'm aware it's easier to grab etc. But also things like catching nits on busses.
    Though my main reason for feeling vulnerable with it down is that because i'm not happy with how it looks, i imagine anybody who sees it is going "why on earth doesn't she cut that nasty hair?!" silly maybe but it's still what i assume.....so i keep it up and it just looks nice and shiney.
    The heart would have no rainbow, had the eyes no tears.

Length
    7/29/30
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

Nope, you are not the only one. When I have my hair down I'm always keeping an extra eye out. I usually only wear it down at home or dance performances. For work I wear it up.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Yes. I've been attacked before, and having loose hair makes you a lot more vulnerable in a situation like that. I don't think I ever wear my hair loose anymore, unless I'm around friends.

One-Handed Typist, NAK birdiefu's Avatar
    Length
    14/42/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Yes! My hair is usually up because it wants to explore the world a little too much and get tangled, snapped, caught on/in things, etc. I'm working on letting it down more often, but I have much paranoia over it getting damaged while out.

From BSL to Classic in 4 years, thanks LHC!
    Waiting for DH to come home safe from Iraq around May '10

Length
    18/20/36
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

I definitely do, but I think that's because whenever I wear my hair down, someone ends up walking up from behind me and running their fingers through my hair. Even total strangers when I'm out grocery shopping!! I guess it's kind of flattering in a way, but it's also very unnerving... so I do wear it up now whenever I go anywhere.

~Nicole