Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: I need your opinion.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Default I need your opinion.

I always have questions, and never answers, it seems

Anyone who has a good eye for hair color, please go look at my photo journal and tell me what color you think I should be.

I am naturally a light mousy brown. I never liked it, and have been dyeing my hair since I was 16. Ive been black for most of that time, and black hair really just suits me best. I recently decided to try to go a deep mahogony red with henna, but now Im questioning whether Im really going to want the upkeep as my hair gets longer, and if I change my mind... eek. cutting and bleaching didnt used to worry me but now! yikes.

So do you guys think I would be ok as a dark blonde/light brown or it worth the effort to remain black/red with henna and indigo? I really like these colors better, but the upkeep is tiring. either way, I will probably slowly transition to a lighter color.

Thanks for your help!

Herbivore
    Length
    23/45/class
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I think you look striking in black, but you could hendigo to that colour. And as you stay dark you don't have to worry about overlapping when you do your roots.
    Visit my blog about plants, flowers and my passion for all things green and growing!

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

Do you dye your eyebrows too? I have that problem, my hair is naturally a milk chocolate color that is super sensitive to the sun so the ends bleach to a gold. My eyebrows are so dark brown they are nearly black. My hair with the henna is still lighter than my eyebrows, I try to ignore it for the most part.

Okay I will say, you look smashing with the dark hair - it really does look to suit you. I can't imagine you however with the light brown/blonde color you've described, that may also look wonderful on you. I'm biased to dark hair though since I've always felt I was born with the wrong color hair.
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I think you'd look lovely as a light brown/dark blonde. Black hair with lighter skin can be absolutely beautiful, but it can be a touch harsh, a lighter tone might soften your look a bit. Don't know if that's what you'd like.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    18/31.5/40
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Dyed dark hair and light skin can sometimes look harsh but I think don't think you have that problem. But I also think you would be gorgeous in your light brown/ blonde colour, why not give it a try?

Ah...Vintage!

Length
    2"/Calf/evs
    Type
    1c/M/iii

I really like the contrast with your dark hair and light skin. Gorgeous! My opinion is: continue with the henna and add indigo if you want to stay dark. Much kinder to your hair than chemical dyes and worth the extra effort!
    Islandgrrl - Izzie
    Calf length, heading south to lengths unknown.

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by granitbaby View Post
    Dyed dark hair and light skin can sometimes look harsh but I think don't think you have that problem. But I also think you would be gorgeous in your light brown/ blonde colour, why not give it a try?
    I think I may be leaning towards this. I mean, if it doesnt suit me, I can always dye again, but if I get tired of dyeing, its harder to stop later.

Quote Originally Posted by Euphony View Post
    Do you dye your eyebrows too? I have that problem, my hair is naturally a milk chocolate color that is super sensitive to the sun so the ends bleach to a gold. My eyebrows are so dark brown they are nearly black. My hair with the henna is still lighter than my eyebrows, I try to ignore it for the most part.

Okay I will say, you look smashing with the dark hair - it really does look to suit you. I can't imagine you however with the light brown/blonde color you've described, that may also look wonderful on you. I'm biased to dark hair though since I've always felt I was born with the wrong color hair.
    Exactly! I never liked being blonde, I think black just fits my personality and my features better.
    I have tried to dye my brows, but they dont seem to take dye. I color them in.

Length
    1-2"/pixie/waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Wow, your hair is really pretty, and I'm sure whatever you decide on will be lovely as well. I would definitely go with something natural if possible..
    Growing out natural from shaved head. **No Trimming 2016** 1C/F/ii

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

You might consider your "life plans" for whether to continue to henna or henndigo or not. If you are for example planning to have children or go to school etc. then that might mean it would get harder to find time to keep it up. It looks nice darker but you are beautiful girl so I think the darker blond/light brown would look great too and think how EASY the upkeep would be! If I could go back I would have kept mine instead of coloring before I had gray and now have to to cover it (well not have to but you know!)

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Not that you don't look beautiful, but I think that the black color really washes you out. You look white. Not ivory. Not beige. White. So far, however, public opinion is flowing in the other direction and it's really hard fighting the current here. If being two-toned would really bother you, keep doing what you're doing.