Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Want hair to be v*rgin again

Length
    waist/clsc+/fngrt
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/ii

Default Want hair to be v*rgin again

Hello fellow LHC'ers.

Just a question, I have been thinking about being a virgin again (my hair I mean ) for a while now, but I have hair a few inches past tailbone.

I do not like my natural hair colour but I don't like the messing with henna and stuff either. Maybe if you hair is more of my natural colour I would like it more.

Is there anyone with this length who is trying to get their hair to ones natural colour?

I really don't know if I can make it, I am planning on trimming my hair end of this year (when I reach classic hopefully), so that would take me forever to get rid of the coloured part.

Please I would love to hear your opinion on this (and perhaps some support )

Hugs from Helen.
    Proud mom of three children; Lucius (5 yo), Juniper (4 yo) & Rowan (20 months) :

Length
    --/Fgrtp/knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by boukje View Post
    Hello fellow LHC'ers.

Just a question, I have been thinking about being a virgin again (my hair I mean ) for a while now, but I have hair a few inches past tailbone.

I do not like my natural hair colour but I don't like the messing with henna and stuff either. Maybe if you hair is more of my natural colour I would like it more.

Is there anyone with this length who is trying to get their hair to ones natural colour?

I really don't know if I can make it, I am planning on trimming my hair end of this year (when I reach classic hopefully), so that would take me forever to get rid of the coloured part.

Please I would love to hear your opinion on this (and perhaps some support )

Hugs from Helen.
    Hi there. I decided to grow my hair out when I was at tailbone. At the time it was a mix of several dozen chemical dyes and some red henna. It was in nasty shape and wouldn't lie flat I realised that if I wanted to reach classic and have healthy hair I would have to ditch the dye.
    The first year was the hardest, I made a promise to myself to stay away from the dye for a whole year, if I really hated it at the end of that then I would dye it again. Through that year I did lots of overnight oilings and smt's with honey to help pull out some of the colour.
    By the end of the year I had enough natural hair(6 inches) to tell the difference in condition and that I liked my colour.-I also had six inch new and thicker hairs all over. and I had less of a root look. I had a red bun though lol.

It's now been three years and nearly four months and I adore my virgin hair and tolerate the rest lol. I reached classic length at christmas and have been regularly trimming off new growth since then.

My root line is now roughly bsl or just above. The ends are definately a different colour to the roots but it's quite hard to see where they join. When I wrap a bun now all you can see from behind is my natural colour as the dyed bit now wraps around the base. I still have a stripy braid though.

It was hard the first couple of years but when it was 12" or so it didn't look like I was just being lazy anymore.

This was my hair when I decided to grow out...
    I have about two inches of roots here.

And here is my hair now. (ignore how thin it is, I had a BAD postpartum shedd.)

You can tell a huge change in condition from bsl down. I may cut the dye off when my virgin hair reaches tailbone but never shorter lol. I would really like to stay classic.

There are a few threads about growing out around. One issue can be that the two parts of hair need different treatment. Check out the polls and projects board theres a thread I started for two toners. Lots find that some products work well for the dye and not the virgin and vice versa.

It can be done. You don't have to go short just to go virgin.

Length
    Chin/Apl+/Hip
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I want to be a virgin again to anyway I am growing virgin to after my stupid, stupid, mistake of dying black.I am currently trying to lighten it though naturally and have about 3" of natural roots.
    ​Jesus saved my life and is my savior
    Starting over current length: APL+.. GOAL: BACK TO HIP
    Nov 8th update pict

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

I'd rather be a dirty dyed girl

Good luck on growing out your roots everyone
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/8"/19"/39+
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

It shouldn't be too bad, depending on how much of a difference there is between your natural color and your dyed color. If it's close, it will be much easier. willowcandra had some excellent points, and her journey is proof that you can do it!

I grew my hair out from black dye at one point down to shoulder-length, and I have to say that the hardest part was from roots to chin-length, because you have both colors right at face-level. Once it gets past that point, though, it's much easier.

I'm a happy dye-er however, and don't plan to grow out my natural color any time soon. I wish you well in your journey!
    Chronically a newbie, although I've been around since 2003.

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I'm growing in my natural colors and my hair started out pretty long. You can go look at some of my pictures to see how it looks. I really don't mind the color differences as much as I thought I would. You can do it. I'll hold your hand if you need support.

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    42/10/50
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii/iii

I am also growing out virgin hair. I'm about 6inchs into it myself as its been a little over a year since I last used any color. =)

It -is- a process for a good bit. I love how it is starting to look now however. I haven't seen my natural color since 1990 lol!

Length
    mdbk/mdbk/mdbk
    Type
    2c/3a/M/ii

I'm at tailbone and I'm growing out my henna. I don't really mind the two-toned look.

Avatar photo courtesy of Gordon Richardson

Length
    17"/30"/50"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

At the moment I'm approx. 25% virgin! I have 10" roots and about 38" of hair in total..

I don't mind the color difference too much, but I hate the fact that the 28" of auburn-colored dyed hair feels thinner and weirder now that I've got something helathier to compare it to.. *sigh*
    - "If it weren't for physics and law enforcement, I'd be unstoppable"

Length
    ?/56.5/50
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Well, Good Morning, all!! LOL!! Love your thread title!

Good luck with going dye-free, boukje!
    "Sorry don't get it done, Dude." -- John Wayne in "Rio Bravo"
    ?/56.5/50~2b/c~ii (I'm 5'4" tall)