View Poll Results: What is your hair type, and how often do you have to clarify?

Voters
140. You may not vote on this poll
  • F - builds-up easily. Clarify every 1-2 weeks.

19 13.57%
  • M - builds-up easily. Clarify every 1-2 weeks.

9 6.43%
  • C - builds-up easily. Clarify every 1-2 weeks.

2 1.43%
  • F - Builds up moderately. Clarify every 2-4 weeks.

13 9.29%
  • M - Builds up moderately. Clarify every 2-4 weeks.

14 10.00%
  • C - Builds up moderately. Clarify every 2-4 weeks.

3 2.14%
  • F - Not much build-up. Clarify every 2 months or so.

20 14.29%
  • M - Not much build-up. Clarify every 2 months or so.

19 13.57%
  • C - Not much build-up. Clarify every 2 months or so.

7 5.00%
  • Other: I never clarify, or not sure if I got build-up.

44 31.43%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thickness vs build-up rate

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Thickness vs build-up rate

I have many times wondered if fine hair starts to misbehave more easily because of build up issues than coarse hair.

So this poll is quite straightforward:
    In what category are your hair strands, fine, medium or coarse? And how often do you think that you have to clarify your hair?

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Thickness vs build-up rate

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    So this poll is quite straightforward:
    In what category are your hair strands, fine, medium or coarse? And how often do you think that you have to clarify your hair?

F, and my hair is clarified weekly (more because of Seborrheic Dermatitis than anything else). Washed weekly as well, so every wash. I adhere to the WCC method and the LOC method for styling, so it's not drying in any way, shape or form!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    -/BCL/?
    Type
    1c/M/ii

My hair is M. I clarify from time to time, but not as often as every two months. Perhaps two or three times a year. I do not use much product on my hair. I CO-wash, sometimes I do a overnight oiling before wash. I never use any leave in products.

Length
    16/26/34
    Type
    1a/F/i/ii

My scalp is naturally pretty oily so I co-wash daily but wash out any buildup twice a week with Nizerol. (which I also use because it helps with scalp and hormonal shedding) My hair is also pretty fine and straight though, so it doesn't take long for it to get floppy I guess? Even then, I try to only directly suds up the roots.

Just letting it grow ravenheather's Avatar
    Length
    16/23/Term
    Type
    2b/F/ii

Not sure how I can answer. My hair is fine and when I used to use regular shampoo and conditioner it would build up quite frequently. Now I wash with rhassoul clay and use a natural conditioner. So very little buildup. I also don't use styling products. I do think hair texture is a factor but so is your choice of products.

Going for terminal, but also enjoying wearing my hair down and curly.

I use a very heavy in silicone serum and on top of that I live in an area with EXTREMELY hard water. So I clarify every time I chelate because I find it much more affective... that means I clarify and chelate every 2 weeks - a month ... just to keep the buildup off .. I didn't clarify or chelate for the first 7 months living here and my hair was a mess. Never again

Idk what to put here ExpectoPatronum's Avatar
    Length
    APL/WST/CLSC
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I'm a poo bar user and have been for 2-3 weeks. I haven't felt the need to clarify yet. My hair is M/C, leaning a bit more to the C side of things. I put I clarify every 2-4 weeks and every 2 months because I'd usually clarify sometime between those two time frames. I think with ACV rinses I'll be able to go even longer without clarifying...Unless that IS clarifying. if so, I clarify 2-3 times per week

Starting from scratch
    7/4/2019
    Curly: SHDR.APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Stretched: APL.BSL.MBL.WST.HIP.TB.CLSC
    Lady Andromeda, Keeper of Feathered Fauna, in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    BSL/Hip/TBL+
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

I've been a poo-bar user for ~8-9 months, with fine, wavy hair and haven't clarified... ever.

Even prior to using shampoo bars, when I used a gentle non-sulfate shampoo and conditioner (for a year or two prior to switching to shampoo bars), or when I was doing CO washes, I never clarified. Prior to that, I used a regular non-clarifying sulfate shampoo and conditioner.

I don't use styling products or anything on my hair that would build up (nor have I ever really done so). I think the products you use on your hair have more effect on the build up than the texture of your hair, not to say that the texture is irrevelant, though.

Length
    9/APL/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ravenheather View Post
    Not sure how I can answer. My hair is fine and when I used to use regular shampoo and conditioner it would build up quite frequently. Now I wash with rhassoul clay and use a natural conditioner. So very little buildup. I also don't use styling products. I do think hair texture is a factor but so is your choice of products.
    Ah yes, there are of course other factors that are good to consider. Like styling products as you mentioned. But at least for me, even when switching to different routines, everything from benign neglect, CO:ing to indian herbs. I still seem to get build-up pretty quick no matter what I do *shrug*

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Can't quite answer the poll. It's not that my hair builds up easily (F hair). I need the clarification weekly for my scalp (SD).
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)