Page 654 of 851 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656664704754 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    chin/APL/knee
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Hey guys! I have a small question, sorry if it's already been answered before in the thread...

My hair has been straight all my life, or so I thought. Then when I lessened the amount of conditioner used, and started to grow it, to my suprise it was a little wavy! It's still kinda short so I'm hoping for more waves/ curls as it gets longer.

My question is, how to make it even more curly? How should I treat it now? It's about chin length in front and almost shoulder in back.

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Hollyfire3 View Post
    My experiment worked! Kinda....my hair is curlier than usual, it is moisturized but kinda, flat, I think with more moisture, all will be good, even though I used cones yesterday in my DT, I will CO wash with my suave conditioner tonight and apply my nexxus ultimate moisture conditioner, if I get icky hair from all the conditioner or my mousse feels sticky, I might use diluted shampoo, but other than that more moisture, more conditioner, CO , moisture might just fix everything, the difference in my dried out striaghtish hair and my wurlish very conditioned hair is amazing!
    Happy Dance!! Happy Dance!! Happy Dance!!

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nellon View Post
    Hey guys! I have a small question, sorry if it's already been answered before in the thread...

My hair has been straight all my life, or so I thought. Then when I lessened the amount of conditioner used, and started to grow it, to my suprise it was a little wavy! It's still kinda short so I'm hoping for more waves/ curls as it gets longer.

My question is, how to make it even more curly? How should I treat it now? It's about chin length in front and almost shoulder in back.
    Can someone else help here? I feel that I've hogged to much of this thread already? Lol.
    Last edited by WickedWurlys; April 23rd, 2012 at 01:05 PM. Reason: Spelling

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Nellon View Post

Keep it adequately moisturized for one (lotsa conditioner). Secondly, you might want to read up on the curly girl method (get the book, or read this) and get some of the things mentioned into your routine to see whether or not it will enhance the waviness.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by WickedWurlys View Post
    Happy Dance!! Happy Dance!! Happy Dance!!
    Yes, now to get ALL my bouncy curls and volume back...I'm CO washing tonight for the first time wish me luck! I hope this doesn't cause shedding like some have reported....
    Meow to all!!! /\_/\ (=O.O=) (#) (#)

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Yes, now to get ALL my bouncy curls and volume back...I'm CO washing tonight for the first time wish me luck! I hope this doesn't cause shedding like some have reported....
    Great!! The cowashing doesn't cause shedding, it's jest that the only detangling/combing is done that 1 time in the shower, so all your normal shed hairs are contained until that time, so it just seems like more whereas, it just your average amount

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

Great!! The cowashing doesn't cause shedding, it's jest that the only detangling/combing is done that 1 time in the shower, so all your normal shed hairs are contained until that time, so it just seems like more whereas, it just your average amount
    Oh that makes total sense! I can now CO tonight without fear. I will try it, even though most use it to control crazy curls like I want to get back, it might just put enough moisture in for me to GET them back, for good this time, who knew moisture (the right kind) would be my solution all along? I hope....you are such a help that you! From your avatar, you might just be my hair twin of my hair when its balanced and perfect.

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Oh that makes total sense! I can now CO tonight without fear. I will try it, even though most use it to control crazy curls like I want to get back, it might just put enough moisture in for me to GET them back, for good this time, who knew moisture (the right kind) would be my solution all along? I hope....you are such a help that you! From your avatar, you might just be my hair twin of my hair when its balanced and perfect.
    You are absolutely welcome and I am so glad it worked as I know how very frustrating it can be. It will absolutely work, especially if you go back through & read all the tips I gave you as we were going along, they will bring it all together for you. Especially, trying to make a comittment to ditch the poos and adding leave in w/plopping would bring them back completely! That's cool on the hair twin! Mine could easily be 3b all the time, but I prefer 2c on the top, so I stretch it up there. I'm weird like that

Length
    20/25/38,WL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/iii

You are absolutely welcome and I am so glad it worked as I know how very frustrating it can be. It will absolutely work, especially if you go back through & read all the tips I gave you as we were going along, they will bring it all together for you. Especially, trying to make a comittment to ditch the poos and adding leave in w/plopping would bring them back completely! That's cool on the hair twin! Mine could easily be 3b all the time, but I prefer 2c on the top, so I stretch it up there. I'm weird like that
    I get it, totally, given the chance before all this crap, my hair was easily 3a at least, it was big ringlets with LOTS of volume, I swear, if I ever get all this fixed, pics will be everywhere just proving the insanity I have had to endure because my hair is dumb...I hope all this works, I won't clarify again so my hair has SOME cones, thats alright a little cones never hurt anyone, I just can't clarify again, it would ruin it all.

Length
    Class/Class/Class
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

I get it, totally, given the chance before all this crap, my hair was easily 3a at least, it was big ringlets with LOTS of volume, I swear, if I ever get all this fixed, pics will be everywhere just proving the insanity I have had to endure because my hair is dumb...I hope all this works, I won't clarify again so my hair has SOME cones, thats alright a little cones never hurt anyone, I just can't clarify again, it would ruin it all.
    Ya, totally agree on not clarifying for quite a while & when you do only use a gentle sls say w/ust coco betaine would be all it takes to get the cones off. I would not use the ION one again at least for a year b/c you just wouldn't need it.