Page 611 of 851 FirstFirst ... 111511561601609610611612613621661711 ... LastLast
Results 6,101 to 6,110 of 8501

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Default Re: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CurlyCap View Post
    LOL. Whenever I see curls that perfect, I assume they are fake! Because, even when it's GREAT, curly hair is almost never perfect.

It makes you wonder what your (read: MY) hair would look like if the right person could get their hands on it.
    I often wonder that about mine as well.
    Reached classic mid 2014, cut back to hip. Now at tbl and liking the length

Length
    .05/25.5/45
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Okay, I'm trying the CG method again. I definitely go from 1c to 2c just by cutting out cones. Wow. It just makes my hair feel really dry, especially when I use a gel to cut down on frizz. My ends are just velcro now. I realized why I gave up CG method in the first place. lol. I really want to embrace my curls. Sorry, I just need to rant. I can never be happy with my frizzed out, fried hair.

Length
    2in/43/42!
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RainbowHawk View Post
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/6791752...in/photostream

My hair is definitely BSL and my curls have been looking pretty sweet. These pictures were taken nearly a month ago, so I'm sure it's grown since then. I'm feeling much better about it, though!
    That looks really pretty!

CurlyCap, I was another who thought they'd used rollers on her hair. It looked done and not 100% natural. Not that it wasn't lovely though!

As for me, I'm visiting this thread to just crow about the hair day I had. Since I've hennaed a few times I've lost a lot of curl. It's OK... I like the red better if I have to choose.

Most of it came back! I'm not sure why or how... but it curled up enough today to shorten to about APL.. and it looked GOOD.. so I actually wore it down with a headband (I have crazy regrowth shorties and I tend to frizz. So, headband.). I did try to get a picture of it at the end of the day but most of it had fled again. It's still pretty curly though.

Only thing that has changed is I've been sticking it in a folded bun with scrunchy on top of my head at night instead of loosely braiding it after washing. I think if I had actually used a curling product leave-in it would have been even more pronounced. Next wash day I'm gonna try!
    My Blog Mostly knitting/crochet/craftyness.
    Shiny Stuff of Mine (fledgling nail/hair blog)
    On my way to Classic.. at least!

Length
    shldr/bsl+/:)
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I have a really bad 'frizzy hair day' today

The last couple of days, I've also noticed new curly growth sprouting out that looks a bit like curly horns!

I think I'm going to have to rethink my hair washing routine to get my hair through this winter time, because it looks and feels awful
    Lady Laucamiluiel of the Silken Crown, in the order of
    The Long Haired Knights

Length
    .05/25.5/45
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii/iii

Okay, naturallycurly.com is fantastic. Their product search is awesome. I'm have a huge list of products to try out. I can't wait to try out the Kinky-Curl Custard, it has so many good reviews. I'm using the Devacurl Angel gel right now and it still gives me a bit of the ramen noodle look.

My mom loves my hair. But she said this last night, "I like it when you wear it curly, but you put too much gel in it. You look like a Duggar girl." Gotta find a new gel. hahaha

Length
    bob/TBL/TBL
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by moon2dove View Post
    I have a really bad 'frizzy hair day' today

The last couple of days, I've also noticed new curly growth sprouting out that looks a bit like curly horns!

I think I'm going to have to rethink my hair washing routine to get my hair through this winter time, because it looks and feels awful
    I'm feeling the same way. I tried a beer and honey rinse the other day and it felt great at first, but today (4th day) it's feeling weighted down and almost greasy! yuck
    Reached classic mid 2014, cut back to hip. Now at tbl and liking the length

Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Hi Curlies! I'm here for more advice about my niece's hair. Sorry I haven't taken pics yet; now that she's wearing her hair down she needs a serious trim, so I'm waiting until her hair looks better to show off to you. Anyway, here's what I'm wondering. Her hair looks really great the day after an SMT or CO wash, and then as days go by it starts getting frizzy again. What do you all recommend for a daily treatment in curly hair to keep it tamed between washes/CO's? Thanks!

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Second-day hair for me is hair that has been wet down for down-hair -- otherwise, it gets braided/bunned. Some curlies are able to keep/revive their curls, but I've not been able to find a way to do it with my curl pattern unless I just don't sleep at all.

She can try making her own leave-in/resetting solution by diluting some conditioner (as in, adding a dollop of conditioner to a whole bottle of water) and spraying that on to dampen her hair, then scrunch her curls back into shape. For me, I end up squirting and scrunching so much, it's just faster to jump in the shower and re-wet my hair.

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Oh, and prior to LHC, I washed my hair EVERY SINGLE DAY, and then when I started CO-washing I would do that every day as well. It's only been in the past year or so that I've really started bunning my hair much, and that's mainly for convenience (with hair this big, it's in the way A LOT!) rather than "protecting" my hair or a desire to stretch washes.

If she wants to CO-wash every day, there's no reason she can't do that. CO-washing is so gentle.... I just love it!

I'm just not ready to be a Renegray yet!
    Avatar credit to the lovely milagro

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

If you have 2nd day hair and you don't wet it, how on earth would you detangle it??
    Or do some people just have magical curly hair that doesn't tangle?