Page 2 of 851 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Wurly and Curly thread!!!

Length
    22"/24"/37"
    Type
    3b/M/C/ii/iii

Hello, I'm another newbie with curls!
    I can't wait for summer AND for my hair to get longer - much easy to manage then!

Length
    24/Pixie/n/a
    Type
    2c/F/ii

Hi all
    I am a wurly who is looking forward to winter, I am tired of being boiled - the weather has been rediculous this year.

I have been Water Only or No Water in some form since mid-2006. My hair loves WO and NW but seems happiest with NW (no frizzing and fly aways) - and I love the simplicity of this routine.

Thanks to NW and sleeping with my hair in a scrunchie bun, I have beautiful even waves that look marvellous most days.
    I still love the idea of long hair, but really enjoying my all natural pixie. Contemplating growing to layered bsl & strawberry blond with cassia & henna.

Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Wurly/Curly girl here! I am ready for Spring and Summer! This winter has been brutal with my curls. My curls and waves have not cooperated so far! One day I'll get bouncy ringlets, the next day I'll get wimpy waves. I can live with waves, but strong waves. Not the weak waves I got when I washed my hair and let it air dry the last time.

Length
    bob/bob/WST
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

OOOOooooooooooooooooo "BIG SQUEAL!!!!"

It's so good to see everyone!

Combing only when wet with CO, Suave conditioner, AG Re:Coil, LA Looks sports gel, EVOO and coconut oil

Length
    18/23/28
    Type
    2c/M/ii

Hi all,

I'm more a whirley than a curley - my sister got the ringlets but has hair so short you can't appreciate them... yes, I have curl envy.

Winter has come back to Britain today in the wettest most horribly windily bad-for-your-hair way possible. I can't wait for summer, especially as my scalp and waves loves the heat of summer.

Curls & Kinks Galore! nappywomyn's Avatar
    Length
    bald/17/38
    Type
    4b/F/M/ii/iii

Ooooh, there are so many of us!!

Starr - do you think it might be because your hair is getting longer, and part of the volume was from the curl, and since your hair is heavier, the curl is dropping out - along with the volume?

Merrykat - does your hair tangle, much? How do you deal with that, and stay WO?

{~*~} Nappydelphia (updated!) {~*~} Official Bibliodragon {*}

Length
    ?/26/30++
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

"frizzy straightie/barely wavy" here! I have some bumps on the crown, S-waves starting at the ears, and some spirals on the length and at the nape. No idea (still) what type I am, but my hair acts like wavy hair so here I am!

Spring is finally coming which means it's not freezing anymore, and there are occasional breakthroughs of sun. And everything is blooming. Last Spring my hair grew like crazy, but mostly in terms of baby hairs.

I've been going through insane amounts of shedding this winter, and winter is long here, so my hair is thin at the temples and I am honestly afraid to measure its thickness. Hoping that more long hairs are growing - I seemed to shed out the longest ones. Still have those baby hairs sticking up all over though. Weird.

However I have saved those shed hairs and am making a rat to play with some crazy poofy 'dos - did one the other day and while I felt like a beehive bouffant weirdo, I got a lot of compliments on it. That and being able to wear my hair down, and wavy, is making it feel like it's more hair than it is.

Yay for waves!
    Feb 2013, solid BSL again but shedding. Wondering if this is really terminal length. Hairtype 1b/2b, F/M, ii

Length
    APL/BSL/Hip
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Wurlie here! :]

Count me in the can't-wait-for-summer crowd... it's far too windy, rainy and cold to dare let my hair down AT ALL at the moment, which means it's always twisted up in a bun or a clip and therefore is constantly kinky and weird. I may be the only one who ever sees it being kinky and weird, but it still annoys me. ALAS.

Capaciously Curly redcelticcurls's Avatar
    Length
    Some/Happy/N/A
    Type
    3a/3b/M/C/iii

Another curly checking back in!

I had a change of living arrangements right after Thanksgiving that left my computerless. When I got back online, the site was down, lol.

I had a lovely 3 inch cut in January that was so helpful to my curls. My ends needed it, and my curls perked up a bit.

It made me rethink my length goals as I don't want to sacrifice curl for length.

This winter has been pretty good for my hair - nothing like last winter. I give credit to a product/routine line that works for me.

I'm glad to be back seeing the other wavies/curlies.
    Coarse, porous curly. User of conventional dye and conventional products.
    Lady Coventina of the Sacred Spring in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    28"/42.5"/48"
    Type
    3c/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by nappywomyn View Post
    Ooooh, there are so many of us!!

Starr - do you think it might be because your hair is getting longer, and part of the volume was from the curl, and since your hair is heavier, the curl is dropping out - along with the volume?
    I only think that's part of it because my hair has been stalled at this length for about 3-4 months now. I think it also has a lot to do with the increased condition of my hair, not as dry= not as poufy. I've always a lot of frizz going on , but lately since my curls have been in near frizzless shape, there hasn't been much volume either. And while I love that my curls are looking less frizzy and more defined, something I prayed for years, it's strange to not be the girl "with the big hair" anymore.
    Lady Starr Weaver of the Celestial Heavens in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    3b, M/C, iii, 40"
    Straightened length with fairy tale ends in siggie pic