Thread: Spry Living article on gray hair

Type
    1c/M/iii

Cool Spry Living article on gray hair

http://www.spryliving.com/article/36369.html

I have already responded on the website. I think it would be good to let them know there are ways to stay healthy while going gray.

Length
    chin/APL/?
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Default Re: Spry Living article on gray hair

I haven't read the article but I am overly amused that a magazine for (presumably) older people is called Spry Living
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts.
    Study hard. Be evil.

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

I read the article and shook my head in wonder. Are these women really willing to put their life on the line to try to look younger than they are?
    I'm 50 and proud of it. I have several gray streaks in my hair and think they look great. I've earned every single one of them, and consider them my medal for having survived life.

Length
    APL/TB/TB
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Am I looking at the same article? I don't see anything that looks like an article, just four little blurbs by four different women who give their opinion/experience on dying/not dying greys.

Length
    27/33/46
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SimplyViki View Post
    Am I looking at the same article? I don't see anything that looks like an article, just four little blurbs by four different women who give their opinion/experience on dying/not dying greys.
    Same here... I even clicked the "printer friendly version" link to see if I some how was missing it, but the same blurbs were there. If that's what it's supposed to be, then it's a sad excuse for an article indeed!

I saw this article in the Sunday paper; to me it seems like any other hair related issue, it's amatter of preference; just like saying "if you are older, you should cut your hair", when we know that is just not for everyone.
    I have had grays since I was 20 and that represented nothing but heredity and stress, lol! Nothing I was interested in showing off and still am not, lol!
    My gray doesn't look pretty like others I have seen, it looks old.
    I have still accomplished what I've accomplished in my life, I still have raised 4 kids, I still have 4 grandchildren and still have the loss of one stillborn grandchild.
    I still have lived the life I have lived and whether or not I color my grays doesn't take that away, it just makes me happier about my appearance.
    Although I do agree, some people dye their hair the exact same shade their hair was at the age of 20 and then it looks harsh and un-natural. There does have to be a softening of the hair color to make it more natural looking.
    I like the lady in the "article" who leaves her hair gray but dyes her bangs pink or purple or whatever color she wants.
    September 6, 2009

Length
    pixie/pixie/44
    Type
    1a/F/iii

There were several different article links, it was interesting and rather sad, one of them I read had a woman going through divorce with no money still coloring hers, and another considering scrimping on doc and meds to afford to color. Very sad. I will admit to coloring mine, but I do it as cheaply as possible (henna yay) and I certainly do not pay someone to do it for me.
    after henna, no 'cones, no sulfates, my hair no longer tries to strangle me in my sleep. I guess we can be friends now.
    Google+

yes, neglecting finances and health just to color the hair is beyond vanity.
    I only color at home, lol! I have neither the money or patience to go to a salon.
    September 6, 2009