View Poll Results: Who trims your hair?

Voters
1269. You may not vote on this poll
  • I self-trim.

697 54.93%
  • My SO/family member/friend trims my hair.

268 21.12%
  • I go to a salon.

223 17.57%
  • I don't trim my hair, I just cover it in cheese!

81 6.38%
Page 57 of 58 FirstFirst ... 74755565758 LastLast

Thread: Who trims your hair?

Length
    BSL/MBL/Term
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Default Re: Who trims your hair?

I go to the same hair stylist since I was 2 so she knows me and how nit picky I am about my hair. I ask her to take off the dead ends, and she always takes off a bit more than I would like but that's cause I only go when I'm overdue for a trim xDI want an even and healthy hemline so that's why I go to the salon for it. My hair is still a bit too short to self trim and get an even hemline at the same time I think.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ??/Knee+/Calf+
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

I did self-trim but I'm not convinced I actually get it even.

I was going to ask our family friend hairdresser but she's recently given up - I don't know if she'd maybe make an exception for 'can you cut my hair back to an inch below my knees?'

Otherwise, I may ask my sister. I floated the trimming idea past Mum and she grimaced, saying she'd be too scared of messing it up, so if I ask anyone it will have to be my sister. I just can't seem to pull the ends in a straight line for either JJJ's or spidermom's or the babushka method and always end up with one particular tuft in my hemline, which is just annoying!

Though I don't trim often anyway. So far it's once a year at most!
    Knee by 'Nineteen - hooray! Half-inching onwards to Calf.
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/CL/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

*in Emerald City voice*
    Not nobody, not no-how!

In reality, I'll probably let a stylist do it when the time comes. I don't trust anyone to get it right and I'd rather be mad at a stranger than a friend or relative.
    Finally made a signature!
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I have visited the same hairdresser for years but her maternity leave started and now I don't know... Will I be able to trust anyone else anymore lol. I'm growing my bangs a little and my next trim for my ends is in March so there's no rush to find new hairdresser.

Now you are at the crossroads of your life and all your roads lead to strange places

🦉

Length
    0"/MBL/??
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I'm a trained (but former) cosmetologist and that makes me an especially picky customer. I know what I want. I know how I want it done and up until quite recently I always wanted difficult cuts.

I looked for years to find someone who didn't have certain annoying stylist tendencies, listened to what I wanted and cut my hair perfectly. I was never happy with anyone I went to. Until, eventually I saw a barber. He is the best. My first time going to him wasn't even when my hair was short! He's always respectful of my wishes and of the fact that I'm going it out. e says he loves the idea of having one long haired client because he works with short hair so often that it's nice to get to play.
    The sun has risen, you are awake. This symmetry is not without meaning. Welcome to Night Vale

Length
    Chin/Class/FTL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

I rely on my mom still even to do Feye's (and my compact cuts twice a year). Just to see if it's even. Making that ponytail on the top of your head for the compact cut is no joke. Once that's in place there really is nothing to it. Nothing that a good sharp pair of scissors can't deal with.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    SL/APL/WL
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

I self trim. I've even cut in a V-shape hemline before, but since my hair is 1c it likes to wave on the bottom half so it doesn't have to be perfect. I simply don't trust most stylists to cut my hair right. I'd rather have slightly uneven hair than get an extra 4 inches cut off that I wasn't planning on losing.

Length
    21/42/FTL?
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I trim my hair very infrequently, but I self trim. I don't trust anyone else to do it right, and I would rather be upset at myself than someone else.

I've always wanted to go to a salon for the experience, but I'm afraid of what they would do to my hair.

Length
    18Ē/18.5Ē/40Ē
    Type
    2c/3a/C/iii

I self trim. Iíve had too many bad hair cuts. I did however get my haircut at a salon in September. My hand has been bad lately, so I didnít want to try cutting it myself. But as usual the results were terrible. I should have just done it myself, Iíd be APL now instead of barely shoulder length.
    Stretched: NL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL - FTL

Length
    BSL/HL/HL-TB
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/iii

I always go to a salon every few months... I don't trust myslef with this lol. I'm sure I would destroy my ends and make them uneven
    * BSL* MBL* WL* HL* TLB *