Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone else had this problem?

Length
    15 in/15 in/20 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Default Has anyone else had this problem?

My sister and I both have very fragile, brittle hair. She has taken mulitvitamins aimed at hair growth before but they only helped her nails. Her hair remained brittle while her nails flourished. This is very frustrating and I was wondering if this is common or just an unlucky family trait. Thank for your help. : )
    My goal is to grow 3 inches before prom.

Length
    apl/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/F/ii

Default Re: Has anyone else had this problem?

i also have fragile hair, they are so thin.
    i had taken mulitvitamins but without success. i see results only with
    - henna (if you don't want red hair you can use cassia=henna which doesn't colour)
    - natural oils, expecially with ricinus oil (it's is latin name, i don't know if it's also is english name, i'm sorry ). i think this is amazing...i see my ends a little bit thick and stronger when i use it.

Length
    15 in/15 in/20 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Ah, there is another victim of injustice out there!
    I have never tried henna, I hear my great grandma used to henna her hair and it always sounded to me like it damaged hair. I haven't really researched it or anything, though.

Length
    waist/waist/waist
    Type
    1c/F/iii

I think you just need to be a little more patient. Nails are much shorter than long hair, so the change shows much earlier. Just hang in there- it might take a couple of months.

Length
    apl/hip/bcl
    Type
    1a/F/ii

yes, some say that henna dry hair...i haven't this problem because i mix henna with something nourishing (like yoghurt or honey) and this method also gave me more shock end volume...and in this way my hair became, if not thick, al least normal
    to discover the effects of henna on your hair you have also to try...it's different from one to one

Length
    15 in/15 in/20 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

If I can, I'm going to make a trip to the health food store and look at vitamins. Right now I am taking an everyday all-purpose multivitamin but I'd like to try something aimed toward hair growth and health.
    It's crazy how much patience this requires!

I might not have a problem with henna drying my hair since it makes more oil than texas. Coconut milk did put it a bit on the dry side, though. I found that odd.

Length
    21/27/32
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Gypsygirl is right, its easier to see change in the nails because theyre so short, plus it'll only affect new hair growth, and not the existing length. Don't give up just yet.

Coconut milk could have made your hair feel dry because it has proteins, which some hair doesn't seem to like, mine does the same thing too.

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

You wouldn't notice much change from vitamins aimed at hair and nails on your hair unless you've been taking them for quite some time. It only affects new growth, so in a month it might make a fair portion of the nail stronger but only the top half-inch to inch of your hair from your scalp. If you've got a foot of hair, that's not much that it's affecting and so most of your hair will still be brittle, even though the vitamins are doing their job.
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    15/40/45
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lesbia View Post
    ricinus oil (it's is latin name, i don't know if it's also is english name, i'm sorry ).
    The English name is castor oil
    1c/2a - M - iii

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRose View Post
    I might not have a problem with henna drying my hair since it makes more oil than texas. Coconut milk did put it a bit on the dry side, though. I found that odd.
    Oil is not the same as moisture, oily hair can be dry. Water is moisture so your hair you need water based products. Protein can dry your hair, and coconut milk has protein. (protein and moisture have special balance in hair chemistry.)

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.