Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 LastLast

Thread: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shots

Length
    Fngtp/fuzzy/??
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shot

Quote Originally Posted by Iamsiam View Post
    Ok so I am absolutely useless! I've made a photo bucket account and tried to copy the URLs. I've done a few test posts but I'm only getting an empty box in the post... What am I doing wrong? ��
    Make sure what you're copying is for a BBCode forum. Image codes should be like this, minus the spaces: [ IMG ] http://url.com/your pic.jpg [/ IMG ]
    Lady Physis, Lorekeeper of Nature in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    SMT Intro to Henna How to post a picture Reporting posts Multi-quote feature
    Unless I type in moderator bold, assume I'm just speaking as a forum member.
    Long hair hiatus: short hair for now, buzzcut!

Length
    8/10/18
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags and Copyright Issues

Friends, is your real person or wig?

Length
    24+/TBL/E=mc2
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags and Copyright Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Ayaba Chao View Post
    Friends, is your real person or wig?
    I dunno. With all these new members wigging out tonight, I wonder if you're a wig yourself pretending to be a friendly person?

(*posts reported here, there and everywhere, but it's just too funny*)
    Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~spider silk fine, 4.5" pony circ.~

~Back from Tippy Fingers to the Buttzone, yet forever onwards through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~

Type
    2a/C/iii

Default Re: On Posting Pictures - Hotlinking with IMG Tags, Copyright Issues, and Street Shot

We are under siege by spambots.
    Ed
    If there's something strange with your long hair / Who you gonna call? / L-H-C! (sung to the tune of Ghostbusters)

Length
    None/HL/FL
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Flaxen View Post
    Hotlinking and copyright issues in a nutshell and how they apply on LHC.

Hotlinking:
    When you insert a picture-link with the [IMG] tags into a post, it causes traffic for the site it is hosted at. This uses their bandwith every single time the forum-page containing the image is loaded/viewed by someone. Which can cause costs for the hosting-site and is illegal.
    Exceptions are image-hosting sites which offer space and bandwidth to upload images as a service. Like flickr, photobucket or ImageShack just to name a few.

Copyright issues:
    To use a picture you have not taken yourself without having permission, violates the copyrights the photographer owns on the picture. Saving it on a computer or uploading it online somewhere else is illegal. As is inserting it on a forum using the [IMG] tags.
    There are a few legal exceptions when it is not illegal to use a foreign picture. Like fairshare, public domain, expired copyrights, written permissions, lol-cats etc.

On LHC

The "insert image" button in forum-posts and blogs is meant for pictures you have taken yourself. They can either be hosted in an album here or on a photo-hosting site.
    In case you want to show a copyrighted picture you have not taken yourself, please just post a link to it and refrain from uploading it to an album on LHC.

We also, in the sense of fairness, promote a "no nipples, buttcracks, or pubes" rule for all genders.

As a courtesy to others and in acknowledgement of the fact that many members here would object to people taking pictures of them and posting them online without permission, we likewise ask that no one post photos of others without their explicit consent. This is especially true for photos typically known as "street shots" that appear taken without the subjects having been made aware.

Thank you!

Hi, so basically just don’t post any pics that aren’t of me or weren’t taken by myself? I went back and removed two pics of a hairbrush I posted because they were from the product website and I don’t want to cause any issues. Is this okay? Also, linking to a hair product on a website is okay, just not posting images from there? Thank you. I just wanted some clarification about what’s okay and what isn’t.

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by RottenMango View Post
    Hi, so basically just don’t post any pics that aren’t of me or weren’t taken by myself? I went back and removed two pics of a hairbrush I posted because they were from the product website and I don’t want to cause any issues. Is this okay? Also, linking to a hair product on a website is okay, just not posting images from there? Thank you. I just wanted some clarification about what’s okay and what isn’t.
    Yes, that is correct!

Community Guidelines
    ~ Contact a Mod
    "Back off, man. I'm a scientist." ~ Ghostbusters

Length
    None/HL/FL
    Type
    3c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by physicschick View Post
    Yes, that is correct!
    Thank you!

Type
    1b/1c/M/ii/iii

Thanks for the info, really useful thread

Length
    10/23+/fun

Sorry for a stupid question(and I'm an IT person, too). I uploaded a photo to an album I created, but I don't know how to link or copy the photo from the album to a post. When I click the Insert Image icon, it asks for a URL. does it want the URL where my album is?? Or is there another way to insert? I could not cut and paste from my desktop directly into a post, but can you cut and paste from an album once you have uploaded?

TIA,
    O.R.

Length
    13.5/18.25/24
    Type
    2a/2b/F/i/ii

edited to remove photos
    Last edited by redfrau; June 1st, 2020 at 08:24 AM.