Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Ficcare Sighting!

Daughter of the King WritingPrincess's Avatar
    South of the cheese, not quite out of the corn.
    Length
    SL/41"/Knee
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I love that idea! Maybe a monthly day? I don't have a ficcare, but I want one, after I buy the other $30 thing that I'm saving for.
    "Neither do I condemn thee: go, and sin no more."
    ~ John 8:11

Banned
    Length
    SL/Waist/Hips
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

Just posted a new thread.

Length
    ?/36"/?
    Type
    3a/3b/F/ii

I would be easy to spot as a member everyday. I leave for work every morning with wet hair in a Ficcare Super Clip, change to a Ketylo, 60th Street fork, etc. by lunch. My hair is always up when I'm out in public with a toy from one of our favorite venders. I hope if someone recognizes one of my hair toys they will feel free to speak, I would love that.

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

I,too,have never seen a real live in person(or thing??)Ficcare.If I did,I know I'll have to stop that poor person and just stare and compliment.I'm a freak...

I don't ever see fakkares though.I just seen a girl wearing a cinnabun held with sticks,that amazed me enough LOL
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Islandgrrl View Post
    Okay, I didn't know there was such a thing as a changeable bead fork. I have quite a Pandora collection and would love to put some of my beads onto a fork or stick and show them off that way!!!
    A fellow Pandora collector! Your the first one I've met in either the virtual or real world!

Here is a link to the changable bead fork.

As for using Pandoras on sticks, there are a few options:
    I have one of these TAH sterling hair sticks. Its very nice, though perhaps a bit short. The hole in Pandora beads is larger than neccessary to fit on this stick (the part the bead goes on is 2mm), but a Pandora bead can still be used, especially if it is sort of wedge between beads with smaller holes.

You can also put Pandora beads on skinny, chopped off knitting needles. The beads are held on in one direction by the thingamabob on the end of the knitting needle. In the other direction they can be held on by one of these bead stops, or by a Chamilia freedom lock (these are lined with silicon, like the bead stops), on a 2mm Boye knitting needle. On a 3.5 mm Boye knitting needle, my ordinary ladybug clip lock works. You can get the knitting needles at Micheals in nice colours, and they are cheap (unlike the beads), but you have to cut them, other wise they would be too long. I'd post a pick, but my regular computer died, and the computer I'm using doesn't have a way to talk to my camera at the moment.

I've also got some tiny rubber rings that can be used to hold a pandora on a stick. Sometimes I put a Pandora on the pointy end of my TAH stick (after it is in my hair) and hold it on with one of these tiny rubber rings. It stops the stick from slipping out of my hair.

I've also come across these Solutions for large hole beads, but I'm not exactly sure how these could be applied to hair toys. However, some of these components could probably be used to make changable earings from Pandora-style beads

Edit to add: sorry for the off-topic hi-jack. I got carried away.
    Last edited by Mely; April 22nd, 2008 at 12:56 AM. Reason: spelling
    ~Lady Bau, Protector of Canines in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    1b/M/ii

I've only seen a ficcare in real life once. It was a large leopard print maxima holding up some incredibly thick hair. I really wish I'd just had the gumption to ask if she was part of this board.

I did then what I knew how to do. When I knew better, I did better. Maya Angelou

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemycop View Post
    I,too,have never seen a real live in person(or thing??)Ficcare.If I did,I know I'll have to stop that poor person and just stare and compliment.I'm a freak...

I don't ever see fakkares though.I just seen a girl wearing a cinnabun held with sticks,that amazed me enough LOL
    Maybe you saw me! We both live in Georgia, and I'm really only capable of doing like 3 styles. One of them is a cinnabun with sticks. ;-)

ship me back to bahston Patrycja's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/BSL!!/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/M/i/ii

she had pretty dark brown hair,very shiny.And it was at a Wal*Mart. Of course-I couldn't tell you what the length was
    Lady Lakshmi of the Endless Fortune in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Type
    2a/M/ii

I had another Atlanta Ficcare sighting to report. I was in the Dekalb Farmer's Market and saw a woman with blonde hair sporting what I'm pretty sure was a maximus with tortoise-esque colors. It was also my first "in the wild" ficcare sighting.

Length
    chin/30.75/tb?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ilovemycop View Post
    she had pretty dark brown hair,very shiny.And it was at a Wal*Mart. Of course-I couldn't tell you what the length was
    Hmm, guess it wasn't me. The last time I was in a Wal-Mart was probably 4-6 months ago. And I think I was wearing my hair down most of the time at that point.

My hair is dark brown plus henna, though.