Page 1452 of 1453 FirstFirst ... 4529521352140214421450145114521453 LastLast
Results 14,511 to 14,520 of 14524

Thread: Timberstone Turnings hairsticks

Length
    28"/31"/clasc
    Type
    2c/3a/F/M/ii

Default Re: Timberstone Turnings hairsticks

Wow! What an amazing fork! And it's exactly the right color and size and wood! ...Just not the right price I'll have to put in a custom for one of those someday, it might be the prettiest TT I've ever seen.
    ................................................... ...................................BSL-MBL-WL-HIP-BCL-TBL-CLASSIC .................................................. .................................................. .......

Type
    1b/F/i

More showed up and they are great! The first one is the closest to my size. I'm still holding out. I am not somewhere right now where I can order a custom BUT I think that may be happening when I get back and have a moment to calmly consider. I would LOVE one of those in black wood with red paua inlay. Or with red and silver mixed resin inlay. I have versions of this fork both from Elymwold (Nigel retired) and Skoeldpadda Haarforken (I have one with inlay but she doesn't do inlay on them anymore)- neither is my dream version of this fork. Must think. Must stay calm. MUST. REMAIN. CALM.
    Last edited by lunasea; March 14th, 2019 at 12:38 PM.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo
    Lady Serikos of the Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    BSL/WL/HL
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Huu, this makes me miss Elymwold even more, somehow. Maybe because it confirms that he really isn't coming back, and things are moving on.

These are beautiful, but chunkier/less polished than Nigel's. I'm going to wait and see how they develop. If he manages to refine them a touch more I'll definitely order/ask for a custom.
    Recovering from a devastating shed. WL but a lot of taper.
    (C: Dr Organic Argan Oil; W: Avalon Organics Scalp Normalizing Shampoo; C: Yes to Blueberries).

Length
    NL/CBL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Mann I wish those forks came in black. They'd be too big anyways, but I'd be drooling over a black/ebony wood with that turquoise inlay....
    [ SL | CBL | APL | BSL | WL | HL ]

Type
    1b/F/i

Quote Originally Posted by Hailwidis View Post
    Huu, this makes me miss Elymwold even more, somehow. Maybe because it confirms that he really isn't coming back, and things are moving on.

These are beautiful, but chunkier/less polished than Nigel's. I'm going to wait and see how they develop. If he manages to refine them a touch more I'll definitely order/ask for a custom.
    I can see these are slightly different than the two that I have but every maker puts their own mark on things. Looking at these, the tines look slightly less bowed out than on the two I have. Those bowed tines are lovely to look at in a picture but they don’t show in the hair and they are are real pain in the you know what to insert. I think this shape looks more functional.

Yep, I like these.

All Doug has to do now is start making those crescent shaped moon forks with inlaid stars and I will just be sending all my money his way.
    Last edited by lunasea; March 14th, 2019 at 01:12 PM.
    (We are) star stuff contemplating the stars...Carl Sagan
    In old age; wandering on paths of beauty; lively may I walk...Night Chant of the Navajo
    Lady Serikos of the Silken Strands in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    CBL/CL/Knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Oh those forks are really neat. I'm not sure if the proportions would be right for my hair, I usually get 5" total length 4" prong length in forks, and these are wider than anything I own. If there were action shots I might take the plunge.
    {just a little longer I promise}
    Please be advised that LHC-itis can become terminal.
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    24/43/~47
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

It's great to see the Gothic forks coming back to life again, but the price point is well beyond me , and certainly doesn't compare to what Nigel was charging (which was in AUD, currently at 70c/USD), as well as his precise and polished (a'la shellac, I think) craftsmanship (examples in the Elymwold reviews here). And yeah, these are too short for a hairy head like me. It's disappointing, really. I just can't lay down that much money on a lesser product (AU$182.99 + $21.96 shipping and 10% GST on top of that for the total amount) where back in the day it would've been around AU$50 + $3 domestic shipping (gah I miss Elymwold sooooo much). These will be a big miss for me for now, but I look forward to seeing how others get on.

Lady Soreil, Fey-Born Bard in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    ~Onwards and downwards, through varied hues of Tawny Trails, towards ye Crystal Cascades~
    APL ** BSL** MBL ** WL ** HL ** BCL ** TBL * WRIST * PALM CL THUMB * * FTL

Finally got a chance to take a shot of the TT stick I bought off of a lovely lhc member! I it so much.

Valentines day (Feb 14) 2019: 30"
    ---> Next measurement: Easter (April 21)

Length
    SL/HL/CL
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

That looks great

That is soo lovely. It stands out beautifully against your hair.