Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Need some encouragement!

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Need some encouragement!

I'm feel like I'm stuck, and I'm going through a phase I've seen a lot of us post about where we want to change something because it's quicker than waiting for what we're really wanting to journey toward.

I've gotten by with a couple of trims which have helped with the urge - but that means my Oct pic looks the same as my July pic, which frustrates me MORE.

In this pic, my hair is around 39," where I've been what feels like forever. I'd like to grow to classic length. This also clearly shows my virgin hair down to shoulders on the canopy. Below that you can see henna. The underlayer is virgin to APL or so and has a mix of henna and indigo on it. I HATE the dyed length sometimes just because it'll be with me forever. I don't want to lose too much length, I'd really like to get to classic and then maintain there to get rid of it. :

(clicky)

I'd really like to grow out my virgin hair, but that's also a long journey that at the moment, is frustrating me. Here is the rolled sock bun, which leaves only my virgin hair showing, so you can see the color.

I'd like to be happy with my virgin hair and grow it out but MAN!!! I'm not sure if I contain that much patience! LOL

I also have bangs and layers in the front which I continually say "I'm growing them out" and then chop them. My problem there is I like how I look with them, but I like the idea of only having LONG front layers - no bangs.

SIGH! I'm just having a pity party today and am hoping for some kind words I think.

Thanks for listening to me whinge!

ETA: In the sock bun pic above and in the pic of my bangs/layers you can see my virgin hair color. What would you call that color? Obviously it's brighter that it is in real life because of the flash, but it's not too far off. The bangs pic is pretty true to life I think. Is it dark brown? I've seen a lot closer to black, so maybe it's medium brown? And golden brown? The bun pic picks up some golden colors. Because there's not much red in there...? Or is it ash?
    Last edited by Amara; October 22nd, 2009 at 02:51 PM.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Length
    16"/26"/tail
    Type
    1b/M/C/iii

Default Re: Need some encouragement!

I'm not sure if this will help, but I'll tell you a few of my coping strategies - even though they are silly! Silliest one first: I have an assortment of wigs. I collect them. I love them. In times of great restlessness I like to sometimes put them on for a few hours. It helps me to take a mini vacation from my real hair and the problems I may be having with it at that time. Another thing I have found works for me: just washing it. I have noticed that the times I am most unsatisfied coincide with times I need to wash it. After just a simple wash, it smells pretty and feels pretty and my urges to change it subside, at least a little. Unrelated happy tip: I like putting a drop of essential oil in my coconut oil dish to make it smell prettier and more personal.

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I do put a bit of vanilla in my coconut oil - makes me happy.

Just washing it is a good tip. I'll do that tonight.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Length
    16"/31.5"/35"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/i/ii

I don't have any good advice, but your hair is beautiful! I'm sure you'll look great with or without bangs, guess you just gotta make up your mind which you want!

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Thanks amoulixes.

Length
    25,2"/32,3"/35"
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Your hair looks beautiful!
    If I am unhappy with my hair, I put it up and don't think about it.
    Don't care about your hair, wash it and leave it alone. And after a while you learn to love your hair again!
    If you want to do anything, maybe microtrims are the right thing for you? You get rid of your colored hair.
    hiplenght

Length
    27BSL/40/knee
    Type
    1b/F/i/ii

Your hair is gorgeous!

Maybe you can satisfy your restlessness by learning some new updos, or change it with something non-damaging like rag curls? Maybe try one of the fake short-hair styles that a few people around here have used to pull pranks (Spidermom...)
    A new hair toy also always makes me excited about my hair again, I want to come up with new ways to play with it and style it.

Lady Elphame of the New Snow Steed in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/BSL/waist
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

Have a big serving of cheese with that whine, maybe some crackers, too. I'm totally with you. One day I think I'll grow out to classic and beyond, the next day I MUST cut it now, today. Sometimes I go through this about every hour! So I'll have some cheese and whine too.

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Woohoo, cheese and whine! I think that really is what I need.

Type
    2a/2b/F/iii

Your hair is beautiful! I know this feeling, too, but it will pass. Hope you feel better soon! *joins whine and cheese party*