Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HOLY CRAP - rave for Yemeni Henna!!!

Length
    pixie/meh/Meh
    Type
    1b/1c/F/ii

Default Re: HOLY CRAP - rave for Yemeni Henna!!!

Quote Originally Posted by MAO View Post
    Oh no honey, that isn't a current picture. That's from last December. I have done some pretty stupid and regretful things to it since then. See picture to left
    Ohhhh! Still pretty though :-)

Located in Elkridge, Maryland (USA) and Toronto, Ontario (Canada)

I've been saying how amazing the yemeni henna is this year. That's why I took some new shots of it. The color is amazing, and the sift is really fine. I kept asking them over and over again to sift it better. They finally did, hence the easier washing out. But the other side is that it's more stringy this year. It's usually more gritty then I like. It's a bit annoying when it's been so gritty in past years.

Did you try to apply it onto damp hair? That might help.

Paragraph breaks heheh, Nightshade.

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Thumbs up Re: HOLY CRAP - rave for Yemeni Henna!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    That's awesome to hear!

/paragraph breaks are your friend
    LOL sorry - on the 3rd day of a migraine that I can't take anything for since I'm pregnant - so my brain is not exactly operating on all 4 cylinders. I'll fix it and try to remember in the future! LOL

Jenn

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Henna Sooq View Post
    I've been saying how amazing the yemeni henna is this year. That's why I took some new shots of it. The color is amazing, and the sift is really fine. I kept asking them over and over again to sift it better. They finally did, hence the easier washing out. But the other side is that it's more stringy this year. It's usually more gritty then I like. It's a bit annoying when it's been so gritty in past years.

Did you try to apply it onto damp hair? That might help.

Paragraph breaks heheh, Nightshade.
    Henna Sooq, do you get your Yemeni from the same source as H4H/Mehandhi or Henna Boy? Or is yours the only stuff that's going to be sifted extra fine? I always appreciate a good sift as I have dreads and the gritty pieces can get caught in them and take weeks to wash out all the way And yeah I did a damp application.

Jenn

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Smile Re: HOLY CRAP - rave for Yemeni Henna!!!

Quote Originally Posted by morningstar View Post
    Can you post a picture? I am looking always for henna in the redder cooler colors for my dark hair.
    I'll try to get a pic up in the next day or so. We just moved last weekend so alot of stuff is still in boxes including the digital camera - time to go on a treasure hunt lol.

Jenn

Congrats on your pregnancy! How far along are you?

I've had about 2 babies since being on this forum, I think, well one for sure She's a year and a bit now.

Hoenstly, I do believe that the one and only source for Yemeni henna is from the same supplier. There have been others, that have made offers, but I didn't go with them. The reason I say this, is because they once sent an email out to ALL of us, at the same time, and yemeni henna would be a spot I would presume, would be hard to get henna from because they don't advertise and they don't have a website or anything like that. Like I wouldn't be able to have found them, unless they approached me, that's what I'm thinking.
    and how many henna powders from Yemen come package in the same green plastic pouches, and how is it from year to year, all of the suppliers have the same packaging? Like that one year they had clear packs. Anyone remember that?

Now they use the green packs and they should be airtight as well. They do a pretty good job and they all say Henna for Hair. But we got a few henna artists using it this year, more then usual, because the sift is so much better. I must play around with it more.

PS This is my presumption based on those facts, but of course I don't know 100% for sure. But pretty close

Type
    1a/1b/M/ii

Question Re: HOLY CRAP - rave for Yemeni Henna!!!

Henna Sooq, I'm 25 wks along - thanks for asking.

So the yemeni that came in the clear packages, what year was that? I'm asking because I may have gotten some of that but the person told me it was a more recent crop.

Jenn

Hi Jenn

25 weeks, almost there. Almost Did you join the pregnancy thread on LHC? It's a lot of fun.

The clear packaging, wow. That was the 2007 crop. So that was a LONG time ago. It should be a bit rectangular in shape, and be double plastic in this clear plastic baggie. Probably not very airtight, from what I remember.

Unless they have another supplier, I don't personally believe it. The last two years has been the green packaging, because I remember being much happier with that packaging then the clear package. Unless they changed it just for me, but doesn't seem likely they'd really care enough to do that just for me. Never know. But the henna is really different this year, so I do see a difference for sure. I have others tell me that and I don't doubt them.

Do you have any pics of the package and the henna powder? If it is older, the other years the powder has been a bit more brown in color.

Length
    26.5"/46.5"/...."
    Type
    2a/2b/C/ii/iii

yemeni henna certainly rocks!!!!!!!!!