Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Cutting hair by the phases of the moon.

Type
    1b/M/ii

Can't hurt to try, surely. If nothing else, it could help you decide when to trim and keep track of the last time you did.

Length
    +/+/and +
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I've begun caring for my locks over the past few months using the moon phases.

Laraine Mesavage's site is the most comprehensive I've found.

May 5 is my trim date.

From Laraine's site:

For those looking even further ahead to make plans, the May 5 Taurus New Moon is a most excellent day to cut hair to grow it faster and looking the best.

Hiding in plain sight spidermom's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/waist/frtip
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

In Alabama, the old timers say cut on a new-moon day.

Length
    16ASL/26BSL/36WST
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

Its too complicated for me to figure out, and Im not a good planner, I just do things when I feel like it Immpulsive a bit I guess.It sounds very interesting though, and makes since when I think about some of the things ive read about Wicca and other nature based religions.Cant hurt to try if you can figure it all out and can commit to it.

Length
    25/28/36
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii/iii

I've heard about the full-moon thing in two separate books (just novels) that I've read, but I've never tested it. I'd be kinda curious to see if there's any merit, but I'd doubt it.
    ~Ever-creeping to small-of-the-back length~
    2b/c, M, ii/iii

Length
    shave/6 in/TB
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Cutting by moon phases

I did a little procrastination yesterday and studied up on the whole moon phase cutting idea. LHC was down and so I had to find another way to put off doing what I needed to get done around here! I want to get beyond the simple calendar from (oh can't remember the site now!).

I was studying about the moon being in the different zodiac phases and all. I did get a little confused because some recommendations were made to cut a bit after the full moon, some to cut right before, and still others to cut at the beginning of the new moon. I was shocked to see a rec. for a waning moon because that's supposed to be for retarding growth, or so I'd thought.

I've heard other people say that they go by the farmer's almanac. What is the method used this way?

The current method that I am going to try is cutting two days before the full moon. That was said to be great for growth and thickening--both of what I am going for. I even made a file of moon phase charts on my computer until 2012 to go by! Am I crazy or what! I'm probably the only person who wants to plot out future hair trims four years in advance! LOL

I was fascinated about the whole zodiac thing though because it's how people have planted crops in the past. I counted back and saw that I had just planted some seeds right during that key time with the moon in cancer. We'll see how that goes. I did notice that some nasturtion seeds I'd put out a while back during an off planting time just popped up during this "water" phase although we'd had optimum weather for seeds during the "dryer" phases. Nasturtions are like no brainers to grow, so that really intrigued me! Now if it will work on my hair as it works for growing my plants! (What's funny is that the whole zodiac moon phase research was taking me to horoscope sites and my scope for the day said that in depth researching was at an all time high for me! So funny, because normally I just wouldn't have given much thought as to want to search out the whole ins and outs of moon phases!)

I'm interested in any info that others can provide. What times do you cut in for growth and thickness? I have charted my next bi-annual trim to be May 17th.
    Last edited by SarieQ; April 16th, 2008 at 10:47 AM.

LIFE is a JOURNEY and not a DESTINATION!

Length
    pixie/hip/TB
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

I have nothing of worth to add, I am just curious as to the idea of this and how its supposed to work. It doesnt seem like the moon should have anything to do with hair growth. Not saying that it doesnt, because Im sure theres millions of things that affect things they dont seem like they should affect.
    So what is the theory behind this?

One-Handed Typist, NAK birdiefu's Avatar
    Length
    14/42/??
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I try to use the Morocco Method Lunar chart when I can. I think they use other things rather than just the moon (solstices, etc) to determine best cut dates, too. I used to trim very very regularly on the red dates about 1 1/2- 2 years ago and actually seemed to get pretty good growth (more than now, that is). However, I was also using scalp oils at the time so the growth could have come from that.

From BSL to Classic in 4 years, thanks LHC!
    Waiting for DH to come home safe from Iraq around May '10

Length
    3/35/38
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

I use the Rigpa calendar for cutting hair.
    Bye MelLuna
    I'm not complicated, I'm a challenge!

Length
    20"/43"/40"
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/iii

This is interesting! I cut my hair in January and July - no rhyme or reason, I just feel I need 1/4" taken off at that time
    I'm not ADHD, it's just... Do you like cookiesSewing Blog!