Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Beautiful, SWR!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    wow that is gorgeous, you've sold me on tappered ends/fairytail
    Thank you ^^!

As a rule I actually personally still prefer to maintain at a certain length for a more blunt hemline, but I also quite like the fairytale look, yes ! My hair does tend to go the fairytale way when I don't (micro)trim as regularly as I usually do, but, even though I'm still aiming for a more blunt look myself atm, fortunately I don't feel bad about it like I did a few years ago (societal hair expectations meh :S xD). I mean, I've always also loved hairytale ends in other people, but I had this constructed idea that for me the only way to go was to try to make my hemline as blunt as can be, which is doable with a lot of patience and trims at some lengths, but pretty much not possible with my hair at lengths longer than fingertip or mid-thigh at the most, I don't think xD So yeah, yay that I like it both ways now xD

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by SwordWomanRiona View Post

Thank you ^^!

As a rule I actually personally still prefer to maintain at a certain length for a more blunt hemline, but I also quite like the fairytale look, yes ! My hair does tend to go the fairytale way when I don't (micro)trim as regularly as I usually do, but, even though I'm still aiming for a more blunt look myself atm, fortunately I don't feel bad about it like I did a few years ago (societal hair expectations meh :S xD). I mean, I've always also loved hairytale ends in other people, but I had this constructed idea that for me the only way to go was to try to make my hemline as blunt as can be, which is doable with a lot of patience and trims at some lengths, but pretty much not possible with my hair at lengths longer than fingertip or mid-thigh at the most, I don't think xD So yeah, yay that I like it both ways now xD
    Gives you options!

Feminist warrior-druidess SwordWomanRiona's Avatar
    Celtiberian pseudo-Rivendell fort overlooking the sunset
    Length
    Trim/Calf-/Knee
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Gives you options!
    That's a good way to put it, yeah Personal preferences are perfectly fine, and I think I still veer a bit more towards the blunt hemlines for me, but when it's societal constructed canons and the insecurities they create which are stopping you, that's more meh, I guess :S It's definitely more convenient when both options can work xD

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

That's a good way to put it, yeah Personal preferences are perfectly fine, and I think I still veer a bit more towards the blunt hemlines for me, but when it's societal constructed canons and the insecurities they create which are stopping you, that's more meh, I guess :S It's definitely more convenient when both options can work xD
    I prefer blunt ends on my hair too, but the slight tapper/fairytail is becoming more appealing, as long as it doesn't look sparse or transparent
    Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Growing to Bleached Terminal

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Floor/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Length shots from a Lúthien early 2020 shoot. My hair is now back at knee, back then I think it was mid-thigh or so.

stunning!
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

wow, absolutely stunning!

Length shots from a Lúthien early 2020 shoot. My hair is now back at knee, back then I think it was mid-thigh or so.

I don't get on here that often. I have been growing my hair out since June of 2015, and my hair is currently at fingertip length. Which is the longest it has ever been. I am trying my best to get to knee length but my hair has stalled again. It stalled at 35 inches and was that way for a good four months. I noticed that with me improving my diet and being less stressed helps my hair growth improve. I am not into posting photos because of my visual impairment. I use hair products that are not animal tested. Also I wash my hair four times a week, three being the minimum. When it comes time to oil my scalp, I oil the roots with fenugreek, peppermint infused cold pressed avocado oil. Sometimes I also use an multi herb infused virgin, non gmo, cold pressed coconut oil. In addition to consuming beverages as a part of a healthy lifestyle. I make a special drinkable cold temp tea. It consists of nettle, horsetail, moringa powder, decaf green tea and mint leaves. Mix with honey and organic lemon juice and enjoy.

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzpatrick View Post
    I don't get on here that often. I have been growing my hair out since June of 2015, and my hair is currently at fingertip length. Which is the longest it has ever been. I am trying my best to get to knee length but my hair has stalled again. It stalled at 35 inches and was that way for a good four months. I noticed that with me improving my diet and being less stressed helps my hair growth improve. I am not into posting photos because of my visual impairment. I use hair products that are not animal tested. Also I wash my hair four times a week, three being the minimum. When it comes time to oil my scalp, I oil the roots with fenugreek, peppermint infused cold pressed avocado oil. Sometimes I also use an multi herb infused virgin, non gmo, cold pressed coconut oil. In addition to consuming beverages as a part of a healthy lifestyle. I make a special drinkable cold temp tea. It consists of nettle, horsetail, moringa powder, decaf green tea and mint leaves. Mix with honey and organic lemon juice and enjoy.
    Happy growing to you!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

I'm currently at knee length. I'd been maintaining a mid-thigh length for several years but after a recent growth spurt I've decided I'd like to try calf length.

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Fitzpatrick View Post
    Congrats on fingertip length. How do you wear your hair? I usually braid, and get noticeably more splits past classic length. I imagine that makes it a bit harder to retain length.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidLuna View Post
    I'm currently at knee length. I'd been maintaining a mid-thigh length for several years but after a recent growth spurt I've decided I'd like to try calf length.
    Good luck!
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"