Page 659 of 664 FirstFirst ... 159559609649657658659660661 ... LastLast
Results 6,581 to 6,590 of 6636

Thread: The Classic to Knee Thread

Length
    BSL/60/?
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

There are very few "maintaining at..." threads. I've been either 1 inch above or below or spot on knee for years, now. So I check in on both threads and feel that's fine.

Length
    SL/MTL+/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Thank you Finda.

Quote Originally Posted by Aunt Rapunzel View Post
    Good point! And the tone is sometimes so hard to "read" in written words as well. I might feel that I'm simply sharing my opinion, and someone else might read it as a harsh criticism. When people are interacting in person it's much easier because we hear the tone of a reply, and see the person's body language.
    I'm not great with telling tone through written words, so I can understand when people get confused about intent. I like LHC in that we can have differing opinions but still be supportive of one another.

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    Amaryllis and Aunt Rapunzel make good points. I would "like" if I could.
    Yes I agree!
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl - kl

52"

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by draysmir View Post
    Thank you Finda.

I'm not great with telling tone through written words, so I can understand when people get confused about intent. I like LHC in that we can have differing opinions but still be supportive of one another.

Yes I agree!
    Funny, though, because this place is KNIT. So until proven differently people always mean things in a nice way. Right?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Funny, though, because this place is KNIT. So until proven differently people always mean things in a nice way. Right?
    Past experience will always come into it though, and unfortunately Bat has had the validity of his ideas unfairly challenged on this forum before, and the mods stepped in to support him. I can’t speak for Bat but I suspect the differing opinions brought back bad memories.

I feel that this is a completely different situation and people were just expressing differing views in a perfectly pleasant way, but emotions are powerful, and valid, and if Bat feels sad about this then I’m sure we can all understand.

(And speaking of tone, I’m conscious that I might be sounding preachy and I don’t mean to! I’m just offering a bit of background.)

Length
    CBL/FTL+/NA
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Stardust View Post
    Past experience will always come into it though, and unfortunately Bat has had the validity of his ideas unfairly challenged on this forum before, and the mods stepped in to support him. I can’t speak for Bat but I suspect the differing opinions brought back bad memories.

I feel that this is a completely different situation and people were just expressing differing views in a perfectly pleasant way, but emotions are powerful, and valid, and if Bat feels sad about this then I’m sure we can all understand.

(And speaking of tone, I’m conscious that I might be sounding preachy and I don’t mean to! I’m just offering a bit of background.)
    I was trying to think of a good way to say this, you put it much more eloquently than I would have.

Length
    CBL/FTL+/NA
    Type
    1c/M/ii

And just to add, Bat, I'm sorry if those of us chiming in on your comment seemed to be minimizing your feelings on top of making you feel attacked, that's not okay. I apologize at least on behalf of myself.

Length
    Hip/CL+/Lazy
    Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

Hi all…I thought it might be time to accept that this is now my place - I’m feeling too lazy to trim to maintain at classic, so I guess I’m going to head towards fingertip. I didn’t realise how long it had got until the other day when my Hairstick fell out while moving between classes and my bun dropped out. I’m not used to my hair tickling the back of my hands while I walk…such an oddly satisfying feeling!

Anyway, snapped a quick pic at work before I bundled the hair out of the way again.

Random length shot by Yesterday- Today, on Flickr
    Letting my hair do whatever it wants to do!

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

It looks great, Peony!

I'll also be staying here a while, not that I really doubted it. No knee for me this year. I trimmed an inch or two off this afternoon; we'll see if that's enough to stop the worst of the grabby ends and make me stop debating just how short I'd rather have it and fix the perpetually shorter single braid section -- though it all seemed even (and decently thick, more than braid tassles!) before I trimmed, so I'm not sure what's up with that... I had assumed one side must've grown less than the other.

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Length
    buzz/tbl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Peony thatís a very beautiful length on you

Length
    Shave/CL/?
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Peony your hair looks beautiful