Results 6,541 to 6,550 of 6599

Thread: The Classic to Knee Thread

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Zesty View Post
    I was really determined to get to knee before cutting back but it was taking longer than I expected and I was unhappy enough with my ends...
    Quote Originally Posted by purple_omelette View Post
    I keep making it to ftl (with knee as my ultimate goal) and then cutting back because I just hate my ends so much!
    Oh dear, what have I started here! In any case, everyone's hair looks great to me, based on pictures! Though I know as well as anyone that pictures don't always give the full story.

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Sparrow, I don’t think I had ever seen your hair before - your texture looks like very lazy spirals, am I reading it right? It is so lovely!
    Thanks! Yes, this time around it actually did seem to be extremely lazy spirals, very much to my surprise. I posted a bit of a novel about my texture confusion over on the official typing thread as well, with a slightly different picture. Crazy hair.

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Length
    Hip/CL+/Metal
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by AmaryllisRed View Post
    Ylva, looking very beautiful! And soooo long!
    Thank you kindly, Amaryllis!

Ylva your texture + that length is really beautiful. I really enjoy seeing your progress over time.

I'm returning to say that I am going to be in this thread a while longer. Possibly forever. I was really determined to get to knee before cutting back but it was taking longer than I expected and I was unhappy enough with my ends that I was avoiding the LHC and my other online hair-related platforms. I was really close. Husband said that it looked knee from afar but when he crouched down to knee level (I love that man, he humors me so -- LOL) it wasn't quite there, except for maybe a few hairs. It was starting to look knee in some pictures.

Anyway, this morning I went to a local barbershop and had my hair trimmed back to FTL/FTL+ ish. I'm happy with my decision even though I think it was about 5 inches off. (Husband said he'll measure tomorrow and we'll see. Last measurement before the trim was 52.25".) Anyway, here are the before-and-afters I took.

Going forward I think I am going back to regular trims. It had been over a year since my last real trim and I think my ends were worse off for it. So I might hover around FTL/mid thigh forever, or I might be able to get to knee, albeit much more slowly.
    Thank you so much, Zesty!

Honestly, your hair doesn't even look THAT much shorter to me now. Still super long, and your new ends are, for sure, lovely and so very neat. Was knee your ultimate goal?

Beautiful Ylva and Zesty!

I'm in the same boat Zesty, albeit at a sorter length. I keep making it to ftl (with knee as my ultimate goal) and then cutting back because I just hate my ends so much! I'm sitting at just over classic now and I think a big chop back to hip or tailbone might be what I need to get back into enjoying my hair.
    Thank you, omelette!

When I last saw your hair, I don't think I thought there was anything at all wrong with your ends! Perhaps you're just being too hard on your hair.

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    Ylva, look at those ends, they actually look really nice (even for bleach ends, especially I mean). It looks amazing. And past classic, way to go! When did that happen, right?
    That's a good point - my ends have been bleached no less than three times, so all things considered, they've been holding up incredibly well! Thank you so much, lapushka!
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Lacemaking longhair MusicalSpoons's Avatar
    Length
    ~Tbl?/Calf/Calf+
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SparrowWings View Post
    I can't remember if I ever actually posted a length picture in this thread, for as long as I've been in it. Here's a partially damp one.

I'm not too happy with it, though. The picture, or the hair. In some ways it's better than the picture looks; in others, the picture makes it look better than it is. It should be a fairly accurate perception of the length, though, since the camera was around hip height. This length has been annoying me for a while, and I keep hoping maybe it'll just get past this point and get better again, but my hair doesn't seem to like that idea. I'll probably end up doing another substantial "trim" back to FTL or so in the not-too-distant future. I'll give it a little while to see if some of the adjustments I've added help, but I don't expect they will. I need to return to bunning it eternally for things to improve, I think, and while I don't dislike buns, I also prefer just a braid if will be sitting a lot and/or don't specifically need it contained. Oh well. It's just hair, and as long as it's at least waist, I'm fine with any length.
    Over on the typing thread I tend to focus on the typing and not the overall look of the hair, but seeing yours again here - it's BEAUTIFUL (so much so that it took me 4 attempts to type the word with all the letters in the right order ) and you look tantalisingly close to knee. I don't know whether it was/is a goal of yours but if you are able to bun it and forget about it for a few months, I'm sure you'd get there soon.

foreveryours, I'm beginning to think knee is a scam. So close, and yet so impossible, lol. A lucky fluke for those who make it there.
    I actually agree - the first time I saw I'd got there was a random straight bit from brushed out braidwaves It's frustrating to be there wet/stretched but not look like it for months (and months, depending on texture and floaty, uncooperative ends ... )!

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Here's my autumnal length update. It looks past FTL but it's just the angle; in reality, it's something like 0.5 cm away from fingertip. My ends are looking a mess but I don't blame them after everything they went through this summer. I will be maintaining for the rest of the year.

Beautiful. I can't believe how well your ends are holding up!

Going forward I think I am going back to regular trims. It had been over a year since my last real trim and I think my ends were worse off for it. So I might hover around FTL/mid thigh forever, or I might be able to get to knee, albeit much more slowly.
    Oh hai hair twin, your 'before' ends look exceedingly familiar, that slightly thinner wavy bit right at the end The after looks great, it must feel quite different with such a blunt hemline compared with before.
    Length goal well and truly met, now just seeing how it grows ...
    Picky scalp but easygoing hair, thank goodness

Length
    CBL/FTL+/NA
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Beautiful Ylva and Zesty!

I'm in the same boat Zesty, albeit at a sorter length. I keep making it to ftl (with knee as my ultimate goal) and then cutting back because I just hate my ends so much! I'm sitting at just over classic now and I think a big chop back to hip or tailbone might be what I need to get back into enjoying my hair.
    Yes, at a certain point I had just had enough with how I was feeling about my ends and decided that cutting back was the right thing to do. And I finally felt like I had enough length that even a significant trim would not get me to a length that was "too short."

Quote Originally Posted by baanoo View Post
    Just popping in to pass around a few compliments -

Zesty, I have to say, your trim looks really great - your hair looks so healthy and it must feel good to have a super fresh hem. To my thinking, there’s a particular joy in a classic+ blunt hem; a bit of a flex.
    Hahaha I had never thought of it in those terms, I like it. I am really happy with the fresh ends. They were worth it. I'm almost surprised that I don't miss the length at all, it's the biggest trim I've had in probably 8+ years and I'm simply pleased with it.

Zesty, that is awesome! Looking great, whatever length it is!
    Thank you, you're very kind.

Oh dear, what have I started here! In any case, everyone's hair looks great to me, based on pictures! Though I know as well as anyone that pictures don't always give the full story.
    Ha! Does a club need to be started?

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post

Thank you so much, Zesty!

Honestly, your hair doesn't even look THAT much shorter to me now. Still super long, and your new ends are, for sure, lovely and so very neat. Was knee your ultimate goal?
    We measured and it was actually 6 inches taken off, which sounds like so much! But I think I had gotten to an "excessive" (if there is such a thing) length where even losing that much was kind of like... no big deal.

You could say that knee was my goal, I was planning to get there and reevaluate and expected to cut back and maybe grow to knee again. I'm not sure if I'll make a concerted effort to grow that long again. Not ruling it out, but I do love this length.

Quote Originally Posted by MusicalSpoons View Post

Oh hai hair twin, your 'before' ends look exceedingly familiar, that slightly thinner wavy bit right at the end The after looks great, it must feel quite different with such a blunt hemline compared with before.
    Yes, sometimes pictures of yours give me a little deja vu! It is a change, plus when I'm handling my ends I'm like, oh, it stops there now? But I'm really happy with the neatness, I don't necessarily have that preference for others but I think on myself this is the kind of hemline I like best.
    46.25" of hair (September 26 2021)
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    Pixie/MT/FT/Metal
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

Unsure what this means?
    Oh man have I been busy. I meant to give a picture update over a week ago. I meant by this statement that I'm expecting the regrowth to take about a year. So I come to visit for that long before going back to knee length. But after lots of thought and being so busy I don't think I should put a time limit on anything. You know how when you get so busy that you don't know which end is which. I am glad I cut the goofy ends because the sides were waaaayyyy shorter than the main length in the middle of the back. I love everyone here and look forward to reading all the entries. I don't have much to say about me and I think sometimes what I do say isn't very well thought out. I have aspergers syndrome and it takes me a while to compose meaningful entries that reflect the proper emotional responses. I get tired after a while. I have trouble picking up on the ongoing emotion and have to think for a while before responding so that I don't come off as uncaring or just strange. Many times I have to go back right away and edit what I have posted because I read it and re-read what I was responding to and realize how inappropriate my response can seem. I even have to re-read the next day to make sure. I have to analyze everything way too much. I really love 'listening to everyones' chatter". I try to model my responses along the lines as everyone else because that gives me a way to come across well. I am still only reflecting what I know is my own emotion and motive, though. I really love this whole site because everyone is so nice.

Here is a short little video of my new hair trim.
    Last edited by zashin66; September 27th, 2021 at 10:25 AM. Reason: changed link to video
    As Lady Shannon of the Dragon Knights of Caere Mountain, a sect of the order of the long haired knights. I wish everyone a beautiful moment each day...

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by zashin66 View Post
    Oh man have I been busy. I meant to give a picture update over a week ago. I meant by this statement that I'm expecting the regrowth to take about a year. So I come to visit for that long before going back to knee length. But after't know which end is which lots of thought and being so busy I don't think I should put a time limit on anything. You know how when you get so busy that you don't know which end is which. I am glad I cut the goofy ends because the sides were waaaayyyy shorter than the main length in the middle of the back. I love everyone here and look forward to reading all the entries. I don't have much to say about me and I think sometimes what I do say isn't very well thought out. I have aspergers syndrome and it takes me a while to compose meaningful entries that reflect the proper emotional responses. I get tired after a while. I have trouble picking up on the ongoing emotion and have to think for a while before responding so that I don't come off as uncaring or just strange. Many times I have to go back right away and edit what I have posted because I read it and re-read what I was responding to and realize how inappropriate my response can seem. I even have to re-read the next day to make sure. I have to analyze everything way too much. I relly love 'listening to every chatter". I try to model my responses along the lines as everyone else because that gives me a way to came across well. I am still only reflecting what I know is my own emotion and motive, though. I really love this whole site because everyone is so nice.

Here is a short little video of my new hair trim.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/qWgb1MyaWr1Q4mfz6
    Here are a couple of pictures taken from still frames of another video.

I just hadn't realized you had cut your hair, seemed like I forgot to read about it somewhere, missed something, so I was basically clueless.

Sorry to read of your troubles; it has to be hard on you!
    Totally sympathize!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    Pixie/MT/FT/Metal
    Type
    1c/2a/C/ii/iii

I just hadn't realized you had cut your hair, seemed like I forgot to read about it somewhere, missed something, so I was basically clueless.

Sorry to read of your troubles; it has to be hard on you!
    Totally sympathize!
    Case inpoint I had to edit this same response.
    As Lady Shannon of the Dragon Knights of Caere Mountain, a sect of the order of the long haired knights. I wish everyone a beautiful moment each day...

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Metal

Zash we love you!

Length
    BSL/calf/floor
    Type
    2c/M/C/iii

Your new cut looks so lovely, zashin
    ankle by Yule 2021

Length
    SL/MTL+/KL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

zashin66 I love the video you posted. Your ends look so thick and healthy!

At what height should you take a length shot picture for knee length? I don't know what angle to accurately measure knee length. I took a length shot with my camera around hip height, then thigh height. I feel my length looks so different in every photo I take lol.

I think I'm maybe an inch away now?
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl - kl

52"