Page 654 of 660 FirstFirst ... 154554604644652653654655656 ... LastLast
Results 6,531 to 6,540 of 6599

Thread: The Classic to Knee Thread

Length
    16/19/35
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

Just stopping by to admire all of you folks beautiful hair! I never plan on growing this long but, I sure do like admiring others who are!

Best of luck on your growing journeys

Length
    APL/FTL+/FTL?
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Thanks WCD, AmRed, and foreveryours!

WCD, I agree, the pictures I remember of your hair always look much wavier to me, but very healthy.

AmRed, your hair usually reminds me of mine, too -- though yours always looks nicer!

foreveryours, I'm beginning to think knee is a scam. So close, and yet so impossible, lol. A lucky fluke for those who make it there.

Darn hair dressers and their misplaced bra straps... Looks like it'll be longer between hair cuts this time, with an extra 6 inches to regrow!
    <APL ~APL~BSL~MBL~WL~HL~TBL~Classic~ FTL ~ Knee???

Length
    ./54/KNEE
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by SparrowWings View Post

WCD, I agree, the pictures I remember of your hair always look much wavier to me, but very healthy.

AmRed, your hair usually reminds me of mine, too -- though yours always looks nicer!

foreveryours, I'm beginning to think knee is a scam. So close, and yet so impossible, lol. A lucky fluke for those who make it there.
    I'm doubtlessly creeping up on it (eta 4 more months) but I have noticed the "aversion" in the part which doesn't get braided. Interesting
    Last edited by foreveryours; September 25th, 2021 at 09:05 AM. Reason: eta
    scalp > SL > MBL > WL > TBL > FTL > LHC > ???

Length
    Hip/CL+/Metal
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Your hair is looking just lovely, SparrowWings.

Here's my autumnal length update. It looks past FTL but it's just the angle; in reality, it's something like 0.5 cm away from fingertip. My ends are looking a mess but I don't blame them after everything they went through this summer. I will be maintaining for the rest of the year.

Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Secretly a Bald Dude AmaryllisRed's Avatar
    Length
    MBL/KNEE/cheez
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Aww, shucks. Thank you.

Ylva, looking very beautiful! And soooo long!
    Hair is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans.
    My not-usually-hair-related blog is at www.thecoffeelessmom.wordpress.com

Length
    SL/MTL+/KL
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by foreveryours View Post
    The ends of mine are starting to curl too, apparently to avoid the inevitable knee
    I feel you. My ends are so floaty they seem to just want to levitate above the knee.

Yes I think so too. My hair has looked the same length for months, and has been knee stretched for a bit now. I'll be happy when it finally looks knee length.
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl - kl

52"

Length
    CBL/FTL+/NA
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Ylva your texture + that length is really beautiful. I really enjoy seeing your progress over time.

I'm returning to say that I am going to be in this thread a while longer. Possibly forever. I was really determined to get to knee before cutting back but it was taking longer than I expected and I was unhappy enough with my ends that I was avoiding the LHC and my other online hair-related platforms. I was really close. Husband said that it looked knee from afar but when he crouched down to knee level (I love that man, he humors me so -- LOL) it wasn't quite there, except for maybe a few hairs. It was starting to look knee in some pictures.

Anyway, this morning I went to a local barbershop and had my hair trimmed back to FTL/FTL+ ish. I'm happy with my decision even though I think it was about 5 inches off. (Husband said he'll measure tomorrow and we'll see. Last measurement before the trim was 52.25".) Anyway, here are the before-and-afters I took.

Going forward I think I am going back to regular trims. It had been over a year since my last real trim and I think my ends were worse off for it. So I might hover around FTL/mid thigh forever, or I might be able to get to knee, albeit much more slowly.
    46.25" of hair (September 26 2021)
    https://zestylonghair.wordpress.com

Length
    WL/CL/???
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Beautiful Ylva and Zesty!

I'm in the same boat Zesty, albeit at a sorter length. I keep making it to ftl (with knee as my ultimate goal) and then cutting back because I just hate my ends so much! I'm sitting at just over classic now and I think a big chop back to hip or tailbone might be what I need to get back into enjoying my hair.

Length
    chin/bcl/cl
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Just popping in to pass around a few compliments -

Zesty, I have to say, your trim looks really great - your hair looks so healthy and it must feel good to have a super fresh hem. To my thinking, there’s a particular joy in a classic+ blunt hem; a bit of a flex.

Sparrow, I don’t think I had ever seen your hair before - your texture looks like very lazy spirals, am I reading it right? It is so lovely!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Ylva, look at those ends, they actually look really nice (even for bleach ends, especially I mean). It looks amazing. And past classic, way to go! When did that happen, right?

Zesty, that is awesome! Looking great, whatever length it is!
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)