Page 3 of 711 FirstFirst 123451353103503 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

I am just short of 53 inches and at lower thigh. Knee is 55 inches. I definitely have a taper going on but I still trim every 3 months. My plan (that's a new one for me ) is to maintain at knee.

Hair this length is a challenge. It is beyond the reach of my hands and combing has become a several stage event. The ends tangle. As a matter of fact, the whole thing tangles. I'm not sure I like this length but it is fun to see if I can get to knee length once in my life. Classic is still my favorite.

Length
    44/50/50
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

I've been at classic seemingly forever. It's grown a few inches, but still not enough to call it thigh. Good thing I'm patient.
    "I won't give up tomorrow just to lose it all today."

Type
    1b/F/M/i/ii

I'm a little bit past knee, and maintaining there for a while to let the shorter hairs catch up.
    And hopefully get a fuller hemline.
    My final goal is ankle, but for now I'm sticking with knee

*Pictures*
    *Rosettebun tutorial*
    "The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be
    judged by the way its animals are treated." - Mahatma Gandhi

Length
    BSL/hips/hips
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Even if your final goal isn't necessarily knee - *cough*Amoretti*cough* - you're still welcome to post your thoughts, trials, routines, successes, failures and milestones. And everything else in between!
    Jamie Leigh!

Well, I'm already back at thighs after 2 recent trims back to classic from mid thigh. As usual, I have no idea where I'm heading but I'm enjoying having thick, blunt ends again after so long.

My new fave conditioner is Herbal Essences Hello Hydration. The evil Dove is jealous but will just have to deal.

“Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.” Calvin and Hobbes

Length
    5"/Class/Class
    Type
    1a/F/ii

IF I thought my hair would be OK at knee, I might try it. But it is already wimping out on the ends at classic. And like Harpgal's, it tangles pretty bad unless I comb very carefully. I'm afraid it would be a big, enormous mess.
    <a href=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v389/homekeepinggran/ChineseBun.jpg target=_blank>http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...ChineseBun.jpg</a> But if a woman have long hair it is a glory to her. ~ I Cor. 11:15

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Cinnamon Hair View Post
    I'll be hanging out over here -------> finish line
    waiting for you all. Let me know when you get here. I have cold water bottles and sweat towels to pass around.
    See ya in a couple of years!! lol
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    16"/33/????
    Type
    2c/F/i/ii

Cool thread!
    I am nowhere near classic(may never get there!), but I will be haunting this thread to see all the beautiful classic and beyond hair!
    ​Babyfine and superrrrr thin. Growing long anyway!
    Lady Kan-Yu, Lawspeaker of Heaven and Earth in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I just hit knee-proper (I think) which is about 55" on me.

I've given thought to maintaining a while, but I doubt I'll muster the gumption to actually trim. Especially when I consider how old my ends are, it'll thicken when the better treated hair grows out. (My ends about probably about 7-8 years old! In 2001 I was still treating my hair badly.... until about October, 2005 )
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

I´m about 4" away from kneelength and it seems I need to re-learn how to comb it . Just now I´m at the stage of ´entertaining acrobatics´ when combing, but I´m sure there must be a better way to detangle it, even though my hair is longer than my arms can reach. I obviously need to grow longer arms.
    Otherwise I´m in benign neglect mode since hmmm forever. I mostly ignore my hair and it grows pretty much perfect imo.

Queen of Apathy HairColoredHair's Avatar
    Length
    short/knee/???
    Type
    1a/M/ii/iii

I generally comb my hair while sitting, with the hair on one leg, until I get up to the length that won't touch my leg, obviously.
    Fav Products: Honey and Horn Combs! Current Length: Just above knee (a 'little' trim)
    Goal: Uh... Moo!