Page 2 of 711 FirstFirst 12341252102502 ... LastLast

Thread: Classic | Fingertip | Mid-thigh | Knee

Length
    16"/49+/-/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Default Re: The Classic to Knee Thread

I am some where mid thigh. Haven't measured in a while. I have done one mini trim about 2 months ago and last week did a 2 inch trim. Right now I am just letting it do. I have been thinking about taking it back up to classic or possibly waist but I have been "thinking" on that for 4 months and have yet to do it

No goal just growing.
    Irishred@>--;-- 2a f/M ii

Length
    16"/49+/-/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by nowxisxforever View Post
    Now I want to go for "term" or "when it gets too hard to handle", whichever comes sooner.
    My only problem with terminal is that I link my hemline to be a blunt smile (gentle U), not sure if I can do fairy tail. As for "hard to handle" - mid thigh is getting hard to handle. Things like separating braid sections when the ends decide to tangle and you can't reach them with one hand while holding the section already started.
    Irishred@>--;-- 2a f/M ii

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Irishred View Post
    My only problem with terminal is that I link my hemline to be a blunt smile (gentle U), not sure if I can do fairy tail. As for "hard to handle" - mid thigh is getting hard to handle. Things like separating braid sections when the ends decide to tangle and you can't reach them with one hand while holding the section already started.
    Ah, my hemline is pretty fairytaley as it is, I don't do blunt or shaped trims (don't like the look of them, esp on myself). I have some old fringe that grew out when I was growing my hair, and that's the shortest bits on the sides (it just doesn't want to grow in general...so weird...), and the longest bits in the middle. My shortest bits go to about my waist, longest to ~classic.
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Can I be a Guru now** Angela_Rose's Avatar
    Length
    20"/51"/Knee+
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

Hi! I'm past-classic now, and sitting at thigh length. Thigh for me is about 44" and I am shooting for Knee or Terminal, whichever comes first. I hope Knee comes first! The inch-length for knee for my tall, long-legged self is 60". That strikes me as really funny; I'm on 69" tall myself!

I'm trying to maintain a blunt hemline but my hair seems to insist upon fairytale ends and I'd rather not cut it back. I do a 1/2" trim twice a year, with some S&D along the way.
    Lady Seraph of the Celestial Rose, OOTLHK.
    Achieved 53.5"/Calf, January 2016; currently at 51" and struggling to come back from a Big Shed.

Length
    ear/SDL/hip
    Type
    2c/F/ii

I'm also currently in the "thigh expanse", had loads of breakage soon after hitting classic (moved, new job, new hair care routine) but I seem to be picking up some more growth lately. My goal now is knee but we'll see after that as it seems to be hitting a length that I'm having to change my updos and detangling routine.
    Re-growing my hair...after huge chop from calf length
    Currently at shoulders...

Idiopathic Subgenius Xandergrammy's Avatar
    Length
    15"/52.5/termi
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I'm a little below classic. I love my fairy tale ends and am shooting for knee or terminal, whichever comes first. I'm a non-trimmer and am growing out hair dye. I'm happy to see this thread.

And thanks, Cinnamon Hair, for cheering us on!!

Avatar picture is Mystic Mermaid byJessica Galbreth Copyright 2006
    Proud vice leader of the Renegrays -Pictures!

Length
    Buzz/37.5/35??
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I am currently a little more than 3 inches past classic, and I am hoping my hair will grow to knee length.

Knee length on me is about 51 inches, 6 inches away. Last year my hair grew 7.5 inches, so if good growth continues I could make it there next year even with a couple of small trims! Eventually I will have to spend a few years maintaining my length, because the regrowth after my postpartum shed almost four years ago needs to catch up.

Length
    ?/50/50
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

My hair is past classic when it's wet. When it's dry, it's about 1-2 inches above classic. I want straight hair!!! Then it'd be official I've reached classic length... Now my goal is thigh length but I've been thinking about growing it to my knees for a while. I'm a trimmer and when I'll reach thigh I want to make my ends thicker. I hope I'll reach that in a year or so.

PS: This is a very good thread.

I am currently mid-thigh. I haven't updated my pictures in a while, so I took one yesterday to post but was shocked at how separated the ends looked (and how big my butt was!). I was so disgusted that I can't even bring myself to post the pic. Now, it was half-wet, so maybe that's why. I am going to wait until I wash it again and it is completely dry, then I will take another pic to assess. And in the meantime, double-time on the treadmill and no Friday night pizza!

Length
    BLS/class/tigh
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I'm at classic and was thinking of growing to mid tigh. I don't know if I want to grow to knee although I often dream I have a kneelength braid.
    My hair is fairytailing like crazy but it started doing this when I reached BSL. My hemline still looks fairly thick.