Thread: Wear an updo..

Length
    16/16/40
    Type
    1a/F/i

Wink Wear an updo..

What is the best way to take very good care of your hair?? My hair is extremely thin in the ends and I donīt have a plan to cut it or trim it yet!!
    Is the best way to wear it up all day long, or...??
    I want to take so good care of my hair that I possible can!! I shedded MUCH hair this spring and I can see the "babyhair" growing , it is now 1 cm long
    I use to oil my hair from time to time and then Iīm doing cassia and now I try to remember to SMT once a week!!
    Any more tips??

Account Closed by Member Request

Default Re: Wear an updo..

maaria, it´s a good idea to wear your hair in an updo as much as possible, but I don´t see how you could wear your hair up at your length. I think you already do everything you can. You just need to be patient - I know it´s hard, but it takes a lot of time to grow long hair.

Also, once your hair starts getting longer than your shoulders it might be an idea to start trimming, because in my experience hair that is all one length looks longer than hair that is all different lengths. But that is entirely up to you.

Length
    16/16/40
    Type
    1a/F/i

Thank you Calista, I knew that I could count on you to answer me on this one Yes itīs a bit too short for an updo, well, I just have to be patient then
    I think Iīll trim my hair when it has grown a bit longer and by me self..my old hairdresser love siccors so I dont think Iīll go there anymore!

Length
    TBL/FTL+/TRMNL
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

If you don't already have a silk pillowcase, it might be a good idea to invest in one. That way you don't have any breakage from rubbing all night long against a harsher fabric. (Although cotton is pretty good too)
    Current Length: 47" (Fingertip length), 2b/2c, ii, F/M
    Longest ever achieved: 55.5" (Upper Calf Length)

Lady Deipneus of the Gifted Hands in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

Length
    16/16/40
    Type
    1a/F/i

Ok, thank you Jamieleigh, a silk pillowcase is my next investment

Length
    19/hip/termi
    Type
    1a/F/ii/iii

When my hair was too short for an updo, I oiled my ends with coconut oil and wore a crocheted snood every day. The snood helped to keep my ends from breaking and becoming tangled. Basically, a snood is a doily with elastic threaded through to keep it in place. There are a lot of free snood patterns in the internet you can download or just print.
    Good luck! Remember to weal a woolen hat that covers ALL your hair in the winter. If your hair freezes, it will be destroyed.

Length
    Pixie/U-BSL/Happy
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

You can do updos at your length, with mini claw clips Maybe even two french braids would be possible? You could also buy a comb that is smooth between the tines, if you haven't already (seamless, or hand sawn) or file down the seams of an old comb. When your hair starts to rub the shoulders, it can be damaging, so keep it protected.

Always behave like a duck -
    keep calm and unruffled on the surface but paddle like the devil underneath.

I started to wear hair up at APL, so I don't know any updos for shorter hair. But I think there are updos for your length, not many but you should find a few if wearing your hair down causes damage.