Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: What was your family hair like?

Length
    32/38.5/44
    Type
    1b/M/ii/iii

Default Re: What was your family hair like?

My mom has very fine, thin, brown hair.
    My dad has thick dark brown hair.
    I am in between, with medium thickness hair. Despite them both having dark brown hair, mine is strawberry blonde! Go figure.
    You can see a red hair gene popping up on my mom's side, though, so I think I got that gene from her.

No one in my immediate or extended family has long hair (nothing past MBL or so, I think), so I was curious if I could grow it long. Apparently, I can!

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

I think I have my dads hair - though he's been bald as long as I can remember - just because we have the exact same colour. My mom's hair is thick and straight, mine has never been as thick as hers! No one else in my family I think I have the same hair type to, apart from colourings of course.
    CL (11/18 ) ~ SL (09/19) ~ APL (04/20) ~ BSL (01/21) ~ WL (03/22) ~ HL ~ TBL ~ Classic

Length
    SL/WL/Term
    Type
    4b/4c/M/C/iii

My dad had a lot of thick hair - and so do I. He always kept it shaved down, but he had lots and lots of photographs of back in the 70s where he had a massive, massive afro. I think my mother always had fairly thin hair. It was always flat-ironed straight and in a ponytail so, I have less memories of it, honestly.

Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

My mom's hair was light brown, thick in volume and probably 2b type. It's still very thick although she's older now and has mostly grey hair that she dyes. My dad's hair was dark brown, fine and seemed thin in volume but probably 3a in type. My siblings seem to have quite curly hair, more than me, but thinner in volume. I seemed to inherit my mom's thick but loose waves as opposed to my dad's curly fine hair

Length
    14"/22.5"/35"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

My mom has straight, medium brown hair, medium thickness, high density. My dad has wavy, medium/dark blonde/ginger hair, fine thickness, medium density. Mine is wavy, medium brown (but lighter than my mom's), fine/medium thickness, high density.

Length
    CBL/Hip/Class
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

My father has shortish dark curly hair , medium thickness and my mother's hair is fine thikcness, similar color to mine (with grey). My brother has short medium blonde hair so I am the only long hair in my family. I've been told that my great-grandmother from fathers side had long thick thair.
    CBL/APL/BSL/MBL/WL/HIP/TBL/CL

Type
    2a/M/iii

My mother has indigenous hair - it's incredibly thick, coarse, and textured, and feels and looks like relaxed 4c hair. It has a very, very slight wave to it. She keeps it around SL because it's just too much to handle if it's long. My father's is very soft and maybe medium thickness? Mine is ridiculously thick and medium, and currently a bit past BSL. All of us have very dark hair, but my mother's is the darkest - not quite black, but close.