Page 1 of 547 1231151101501 ... LastLast

Thread: Tailbone | Classic

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Default Tailbone | Classic

Is there already one? I tried searching under "titles only" for tailbone and classic both in the title and nothing popped up except a question about cutting from tailbone to classic. If there is one, somebody point me to it!

If there ain't one, well, here it is! Tailbone on me is 39" and Classic is 44." I'm at 39.5" so I've just started this leg of my journey (butt of my journey? )

I haven't noticed any changes in updoes or routine care needs... but I sure haven't worn it down as much as I did from waist to tailbone. It rubs on too many things and gets tangly as all heck! I'm wondering what other changes I'll have as I get closer to classic...

Who else is at this stage of their growth?
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Length
    17/39.5/42
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Default Re: Tailbone to classic thread!

I am. I have about 4 or 5 inches to go until Classic. So I'm thinking by the end of next year i should for sure be there. I really want to see what I look like with Classic but I think I might actually cut back to a little longer then waist when I do hit that point. Its getting to hard to wear down at the moment. I will just have to see how I feel about it at that point. I also figure if I do decide to cut back I would have enough to cut to donate (not to LoL though) and still have long hair.

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

Hi krn2891! I'm in the same boat, I might reach classic, cut, and then grow again, as I am on a quest to have all virgin hair. Not sure how long I'll want to go before I cut, and/or if I'll do a big cut or just keep trimming every so often like I do now.
    From BSL to classic to pixie to chin to ... ??? All my hair is now virgin and LHC-loved.

Length
    17/39.5/42
    Type
    1b/1c/M/ii

Its going to be awhile before I have all virgin hair. The last time I dyed it was 2 years ago, so the only virgin hair I have is from my chin up and I'm not cutting it that short ever.
    My hair has always been my defining feature but now when I have to wear it up most of the time it makes it hard. I do still wear it down once in awhile, usually the day after I wash but it gets in the way and its just starting to be at the point where i have to be careful when I sit down. I don't know maybe its an awkward length and once it gets past this I will love it again. The funny part is I don't really think of it as long.

Length
    TLB/chin/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/ii

I don't usually think of mine as long, either. It's funny. When I started out I thought tailbone was SOOOOOO long!

I won't have virgin hair for a long time either. I've been growing mine out for a little over two years, and so the line is around shoulder for the canopy and approaching APL for the underneath and hairs growing out of the back of my head farther down. But someday!

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Oo, finally a thread that applies to my length!
    When my hair is sopping wet in the shower, it's only a couple inches from the beginnings of classic. Every time I'm in the shower I hold my thumb and for finger to see how much longer.
    It always looks the same length when dry, though. Slowly, slowly..

I didn't think of my hair as long until I joined this site. (It was already about about hip/tailbone.) Not too long after that, it started getting in my pants when I pulled them up and such, so I really noticed that it was getting long. I feel like my hair's been at about the same length for the past year or so, though. (Though I was still under the impression that semi-frequent trimmings were a requirement, so I'm trying not to do that and see whether I'll actually grow some more now.)
    So far, my daily style is still a simple ponytail, but I'm starting to branch out with braids and rope braids. (Especially the second, because I just love those. <3)
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Length
    tb/tb+/clssc
    Type
    2c/3a/M/iii

Hello! I've no idea if there was thread already, but thanks for starting this one, Amara.

I was at tailbone (39") when I joined LHC.
    I've just reached 'classic when wet'! LOL!

I've never measured how much shrinkage my hair has, but I'm guessing I have two or three more inches to go before my hair is classic length when it's naturally curly.
    My classic measurement is 46".

I've always had long hair, but I think this is the longest it's ever been.
    Even though I've gained 7 inches over the last (almost) two years, it's only been recently that my hair has felt like it's getting long. This is probably because it tapers quite a bit, and also because I only wear it out when it's freshly washed and curly.

Maybe I'll hit 'classic when dry' by the end of the NZ summer (end of Feb), if I'm lucky?!?!

has left the building
    Length
    short/22/waist

About two inches away
    [SIGP

Length
    long/term/term
    Type
    1a/F/M/i/ii

Well, this is where I live. My few longest hairs (like maybe 5 or 6?) are at classic (unless they fell out since I last measured!) and the bulk of my hair is between tailbone and classic. This seems to be terminal. I've not trimmed and have little breakage that I see, and it's not getting any longer than in the low 40s.

Because my hair is thin and fine nobody realizes how long it is. If it grows much longer (which I don't expect) I'll have to get new hairtoys....

Length
    short/knee/knee
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Yay! I belong here! I'm very short waisted and I'm past waist and tailbone and hip because they are all about within the same length for me but I am not at classic yet which is my goal.

When I started at LHC I was at about earlobe length. I've had past tailbone length before so my hair hasn't started to feel long until recently.

I have about four or five inches to grow before I hit classic. In between reaching that goal I am looking for a good place to get some soft long layers cut into the length of my hair so it has more of a style when I wear it down as it grows longer.

Plus if my ends are too blunt they poke out of my updos which I wear a lot as it gets longer.