Length
    ./63"/KNEE+
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Tailbone to classic thread!

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Definitely real, pretty TBL!

Ctrl-F?
    Is it that simpe? Nope, control-f is "find term on page" :gah: I thought that was the name shown if you hover your mouse over the image of the little guy waving his arms in exasperation. This is exasperating. I'll copy it the next time I see it around here and save it Thanks!

Last edited by foreveryours; September 15th, 2022 at 08:18 PM. Reason: It's Justy!
    scalp > SL > MBL > TBL > FTL > KNEE > KNEE+

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by lapis_lazuli View Post
    Definitely real, pretty TBL!

Thank you, Lapis. Your hair is so inspirational.

Quote Originally Posted by Bri-Chan View Post
    Oh, I see. It's very interesting to see how the hair grows without trim.

I'm a no trimmer aiming for the terminal length (or at least knee, let's see where my genes will take me), every day I just massage the scalp, fingercomb, oil the ends, and bun it up as a protective style. No trimming makes my hair care routine much simpler. The less manipulation, the less mechanical damage. Because my virgin hair is so well-protected, I donít really see any split ends, so I donít even need S&D. And since I am always collecting my shed hair, various lengths are sorted and weaved into wefts for future extensions for my traditional Chinese hairstyle projects, each inch counts, so I won't even consider micro-trimming to waste my precious length.

Yes, I have a desk designated for my shed hair collection and I've hand-tied and braided over 30,000 hairs so far. I find playing with the sheds meditating and therapeutic, and it helps keep my hands off the hair that's still attached to my scalp, which is a great way to prevent hair loss.

The ultimate secret to long hair: let it grow and donít cut it.

Growing hair without trimming results in a taper, which is great for bun styles and accent braids, it gives my hairdo more texture and I donít really like a blunt hemline that is hard to work with and prone to breakage due to peak force. This is of course a matter of personal preference. I donít like the thinning ends=damaged hair myth. In reality, no one else gets to see my hair ends since my hair is always in a bun.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; September 16th, 2022 at 01:12 AM.
    100cm 1b/C/9.8cm Fingercomb/Bun/Water-only No-Trim/Elastic/Heat
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    CBL/HL/CL
    Type
    2a/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    Growing hair without trimming results in a taper, which is great for bun styles and accent braids, it gives my hairdo more texture and I don’t really like a blunt hemline that is hard to work with and prone to breakage due to peak force. This is of course a matter of personal preference. I don’t like the thinning ends=damaged hair myth. In reality, no one else gets to see my hair ends since my hair is always in a bun.
    tuanyiji, what do you mean by "prone to breakage due to peak force"?
    Images in old threads not showing up? Try the image fixer browser extension.

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by barnet_fair View Post
    tuanyiji, what do you mean by "prone to breakage due to peak force"?
    The full term is end peak force, when combing your hair to the end, a blunt cut is 4 times more prone to break than a taper cut.
    Hereís a video by Sarah Ingle that explains it based on scientific studies, aka, a real book about The Chemical and Physical Behavior of Human Hair 5th Edition by Clarence R. Robbins: https://youtu.be/QEHm4VTQU3c

I only fingercomb and with type 1 hair that seldom tangles, I never get breakage now.
    Last edited by tuanyiji; September 16th, 2022 at 08:34 AM.
    [Youtube][Instagram][My Hair Story][Shed Hair Hand-tie Project][ABC Hairstyle Challenge]

Length
    ?/40/42.5
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Hi! I'm still here - life just got in the way for a few months. I feel like classic is getting sooo close! My ends are looking a little scraggly and are ready for my autumn trim this week. Thanks everyone for the inspiration to keep going!

Length
    EAR/WAIST/TERM

Hi everyone I haven't been on in forever bnut here's my current hair situation. Definitely due for a trim soon even though I'm putting it off from being too attached to my length. I always get the extreme v shape again no matter what i do
    I may try and cut a u shape in so I don't go above tbl again when I do finally suck it up lol

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Well Trip (see my signature), talk about a serious V. LOL. Even though, mine is man-made. If it's unwanted that's another thing, but IMO it looks nice! What trim, you know?
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Length
    BSL/TBL/TERM
    Type
    1b/C/ii/iii

You hair looks amazing. That’s a nice shape, Trip, if your ends are not damaged, there’s no special need to trim it unless it’s your aesthetic goal. Fairytail is a lovely gift from nature. Like Lapushka, I also chose a fairytail pic as my sigs LOL.

Length
    SL/WL/CL
    Type
    3a/M/C/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tuanyiji View Post
    The full term is end peak force, when combing your hair to the end, a blunt cut is 4 times more prone to break than a taper cut.
    Hereís a video by Sarah Ingle that explains it based on scientific studies, aka, a real book about The Chemical and Physical Behavior of Human Hair 5th Edition by Clarence R. Robbins: https://youtu.be/QEHm4VTQU3c

I only fingercomb and with type 1 hair that seldom tangles, I never get breakage now.
    I'm not in this thread *yet* but wow that's very interesting and good to know. Might just skip my blunt hemline goals and go straight for TBL then!

And yes, Trip, you have beautiful hair!
    Last edited by thatsideoflife; September 21st, 2022 at 02:00 PM.

Length
    ?/40/42.5
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Trip, your hair is beautiful! It looks so full and shiny!