Results 5,061 to 5,070 of 5109

Thread: Tailbone to classic thread!

Length
    Chin/Class/Class
    Type
    2b/2c/F/iii

Default Re: Tailbone to classic thread!

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie90 View Post

I'm not too eager to graduate from this thread as Classic is my length goal. But here I'm, with a not so proper pic for length check. I can't figure out how to do a proper length check when I can't stand. Sigh. Because I exclusively sit most of the time so my hair just curls on my lap like a ball, not so flattering. Idk guys, I'd love to go for knee just to see how it feels but suddenly I feel down. Just like some people say some certain outfits won't look good on me because I just sit there on my wheelchair. Sorry for ranting out of the blue, tho.
    It's really pretty, and that is over classic. Congratulations.

ETA/ Just FYI. I use a wheelchair as well, and my walker when I have a "good day" (all my days are honestly terrible). I use a dining room chair, with the backrest to my left side to take pictures, but I do have help with it. Could not do it otherwise, and so I am totally grateful for the help.
    Last edited by lapushka; January 8th, 2022 at 04:23 AM.
    WCC method (washing) --- Rinse-out oil (MO) --- LOC/LCO method (styling)

Quote Originally Posted by lapushka View Post
    It's really pretty, and that is over classic. Congratulations.
    ETA/ Just FYI. I use a wheelchair as well, and my walker when I have a "good day" (all my days are honestly terrible). I use a dining room chair, with the backrest to my left side to take pictures, but I do have help with it. Could not do it otherwise, and so I am totally grateful for the help.
    Thanks lapushka! I guess I gotta measure my hair in cm/inch rather than use my body as milestone. My mom is not happy to help me handle hair stuff because she said all the hair care stuff is time-consuming and useless. Finally I can graduate from this thread. Head to knee now! Just out of curiosity , tho

Length
    Bald/Buzz/Knee!

Quote Originally Posted by valkyrie90 View Post

I'm not too eager to graduate from this thread as Classic is my length goal. But here I'm, with a not so proper pic for length check. I can't figure out how to do a proper length check when I can't stand. Sigh. Because I exclusively sit most of the time so my hair just curls on my lap like a ball, not so flattering. Idk guys, I'd love to go for knee just to see how it feels but suddenly I feel down. Just like some people say some certain outfits won't look good on me because I just sit there on my wheelchair. Sorry for ranting out of the blue, tho.
    Your hair is gorgeous good luck on reaching knee!

Length
    ear/tbl/cl
    Type
    2b/F/M/ii

My hair is just about long enough for a circlet braid. Not the french-braid kind, and not the 2-braids-crossed-at-the-top kind, but the 1-braid-looped-around-the-head kind.

But I struggle with pinning the braid to the brushed-flat hair on my scalp. I've tried a variety of options (bobby pins, u-pins, spiral pins) and I'm still yet to find one that really works well. Little plastic claw clips on the backside of the braid are probably the most effective, although they're very visible and I don't like them much for that reason.

Anyone got any pointers?

Length
    SL/KL/KL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by MadelineMomo View Post
    My hair is just about long enough for a circlet braid. Not the french-braid kind, and not the 2-braids-crossed-at-the-top kind, but the 1-braid-looped-around-the-head kind.

But I struggle with pinning the braid to the brushed-flat hair on my scalp. I've tried a variety of options (bobby pins, u-pins, spiral pins) and I'm still yet to find one that really works well. Little plastic claw clips on the backside of the braid are probably the most effective, although they're very visible and I don't like them much for that reason.

Anyone got any pointers?
    The only thing that has worked for me is taping my hair with ribbon. It takes a bit to do but is quite sturdy and I think quite pretty. It held for a few days when I was around classic length.

A tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbA...index=5&t=296s

Here's what it looked like when I tried it:
    Last edited by draysmir; January 16th, 2022 at 11:16 AM. Reason: added photo
    mbl - wl - hl - bcl - tbl - cl - ftl - mtl -kl

54"

Length
    APL/40/48
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Looks really beautiful, draysmir.

Length
    27.5"/39"/41"
    Type
    1b/1c/F/M/iii

I can’t believe I’m on this thread! The home stretch to my first big goal!

TBL now, current goal is Classic

Account closed by member request
    Length
    11CBL/33"HL/40CL
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Finally graduated to this thread happy to be here such beautiful heads of hair

surprised her hair's long Corvana's Avatar
    Length
    2"/45"/47"
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by knobbly View Post
    I can’t believe I’m on this thread! The home stretch to my first big goal!

Welcome!! I can't believe I'm in here either, tbh. Since I'd stopped coming by here too much in early 2020 ( wonder what happened then that coulda caused me to withdraw from most stuff... ), I keep thinking my hair is like BCL? And then I'll sit on it a little and be very surprised.

Quote Originally Posted by shaluwm_agape View Post
    Finally graduated to this thread happy to be here such beautiful heads of hair
    Welcome! Glad to see you here!!

SL~~~CBL~~~APL~~~BSL~~~WL~~~Hip~~~BCL~~~TBL~~~Clas sic~~~FTL
    Lady Corvana, Keeper of Ravens and Crows in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by draysmir View Post
    The only thing that has worked for me is taping my hair with ribbon. It takes a bit to do but is quite sturdy and I think quite pretty. It held for a few days when I was around classic length.

A tutorial: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KqbA...index=5&t=296s

Here's what it looked like when I tried it:
    this looks gorgeous on you! I really need to try taping
    Much love to all my fellow long hair peoples!