Page 444 of 548 FirstFirst ... 344394434442443444445446454494544 ... LastLast
Results 4,431 to 4,440 of 5475

Thread: Tailbone | Classic

Default Re: Tailbone to classic thread!

My Classic journey just started, but as I mentioned earlier....my hair is 95%+ silver and it is fine/wispy now = lighter weight = able to wear longer lengths more comfortably.

But because it IS so wispy, I cannot do sectioned braids without my ends

No amount of smoothing/sectioning helps, and taking all that time is painful for my arthritic hands and shoulders

So I do English braids starting at the nape(center/side/twin), or a faux french braid (Torrin style).

Length
    Pixie/ftl/knee
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I'm currently 5 inches away from classic. I'm doing the no length check-challenge because I'm getting too impatient with my slow growth. I think I'll try to learn some new braids and buns to keep things interesting. XL flexi clips are starting to feel a bit uncomfortable but maybe there's a style I could still use them. They're definitely too small for my go to lwb.
    Let it grow, let it grow, don't cut or fry it anymore,
    Let it grow, let it grow, turn away from silicones
    ...clogged drains never bothered me anyway.

That girl with the hair The-Young-Maid's Avatar
    Length
    ./FTL+/KNEE
    Type
    1c/2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Groovy Granny View Post
    So I do English braids starting at the nape(center/side/twin), or a faux french braid (Torrin style).
    These are my go to styles, especially for work(sometimes oiled). The rest of the time its either down or in my sleep twin braids. I have a couple hair toys but my hair is just to heavy and always sags. Half ups are pretty solid. But braids are just so much less finicky!
    No Trim 2019/20/21 . Use It Up 2019/20/21 . Daily wash w/Sulfates and Cones. Coconut oil . CL 2019-FTL 2020-KNEE 2021

Length
    WL/FTL/FTL?
    Type
    1a/1b/M/ii/iii

I haven't really paid attention to the speed of my hair growth, but assuming it's around average, I think I might be around classic by Christmas, as long as I don't get a full trim. Right now it's somewhere around tailbone and I'd like to reach classic just for the sake of having it be that long since that'll be the longest it's ever been, although once it gets there maybe I'll decide to trim a few inches off so it's less inconvenient.

Currently it's manageable and I mostly wear it up these days, but I think hip or waist length is more amenable for wearing it down and is still definitely long. I'm not really sure what amount of length correlates to outgrowing the hair sticks I have, so although it's always fun to shop for hair toys, it's more economical if I can continue to use the hair toys I already have. If I do cut back to hip or waist once reaching classic, I'll have to contend with a blunt hemline which makes it harder to tuck in the ends neatly and securely for buns.

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Well, it seems I have a case of LHC-ITIS ....and have made the decision to grow to CLASSIC

Over the past few years I have cut back from TBL a few times because I found my hair was heavy, though each year I noticed that I cut back less each time.....first to MBL... then WL ...then Hip...then have maintained at TBL for the past 6+ months.

I think the difference in weight has been the increase of my fine/wispy silver, so my neck/hand arthritis hasn't been bothered by my hair at all....and I have had flares in other joints!

Just today as I was rearranging my trim schedule to cut less with the intent to try and grow longer, a KNEE length member asked if I had ever thought to grow to Classic?

Well....YES....just TODAY ....and she was the confirmation to my decision

So....wish me luck... no more

I thank you for your inspiration and support for the journey

ETA Aug 21: I have always had personal 'landmarks' along my journey ~ moles, scars, rolls and this time will be no different.
    I have a birthmark on my butt,and when my hemline reaches it, it will be Classic- stretched...and that will be IT for me
    I also decided to join the "No Length Check Challenge"...but when it hits...I'll know it
    Groovy Granny, I am a big admirer of your hair and think that it will look fabulous at classic length.

My hair is currently BSL, though I maintained it at waist most of my life. I think that the longest I've ever had it was hip.

I think that I would like to grow to terminal this time around. I doubt that I'll ever reach knee, but classic sounds "doable." We'll see...

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Thank you

I did WL in the past when long too....never thought I'd get to TBL the few times I did....now I am going for broke

Why not I am just turning 68....they'll figure I lost a few marbles

Go for it....and have fun along the way

I hope you share some pics too....we don't see enough of your pretty hair....your blogs are teasers when you recap what you have done to it

Length
    short/hip/term
    Type
    1a/1b/F/i/ii

Thank you

I did WL in the past when long too....never thought I'd get to TBL the few times I did....now I am going for broke

Why not I am just turning 68....they'll figure I lost a few marbles

Go for it....and have fun along the way

I hope you share some pics too....we don't see enough of your pretty hair....your blogs are teasers when you recap what you have done to it
    You're welcome!

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. Yes, pics... I suck at selfies, much less back-of-head selfies. I may have to ask DH. Poor man. He just doesn't "get it," but he knows enough not remain quiet!

Lady Neoma, Defender of Creatures Great and Small

Quote Originally Posted by Neoma View Post
    You're welcome!

Thank you for your encouragement and kind words. Yes, pics... I suck at selfies, much less back-of-head selfies. I may have to ask DH. Poor man. He just doesn't "get it," but he knows enough not remain quiet!
    I have to get it in my bathroom vanity mirror reflection, but it is harder as my hair grows and my other mirrors have terrible lighting.

My DH took a few pics for me years ago when I first joined and they were worthless....you could tell he was not 'into it'

We have no cell phones (just a trac for emergencies), only a basic OLD camera with no timer....and I have hand tremors = crappy pics

Yup, it can be hard .....and I envy those with great pic skills or helpful spouses

Length
    APL/Class/?

[QUOTE=Groovy Granny;3711965]Wow, that is exciting ... dreads must take forever

Sometimes it does seem like it's taking forever but considering all I'm happy with my progress. I couldn't get past bcl with undreaded hair so these lengths now are all new territory for me.

Quote Originally Posted by MermaidDreads View Post
    Sometimes it does seem like it's taking forever but considering all I'm happy with my progress. I couldn't get past bcl with undreaded hair so these lengths now are all new territory for me.
    Wow, now that's interesting...and awesome
    Last edited by Groovy Granny; August 25th, 2019 at 07:57 PM.