Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why do you love your grays?

Length
    24"/24"/28"
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Default Why do you love your grays?

Because I need help loving mine. I just turned 23 less than 2 weeks ago and it's like a gray-splosion on my head! I feel like it's way too early for that.. They are mostly in the front where my bangs are, and some at the top of my head. I just spent 20 minutes plucking them all out..

It's not enough to warrant a dye job, and I feel really silly for plucking them out So tell me, why do you think your grays are beautiful and should just be left alone?

Default Re: Why do you love your grays?

My grays look all frosty and silvery. They give my hair more "personality." I like them.

Length
    3 in/27.5/27.5
    Type
    2a/F/ii

People pay money to get highlights put in their hair. I started getting nature's highlights when I was in my early thirties and have never done anything to change the color of my hair. It's so free and easy to be natural. If you keep yourself healthy and put a smile on your face, you'll look beautiful in your natural hair color.

Length
    Jaw/Waist/Floor
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I love the definition they make against my dark original color. I had blonde streaks in my hair forever (my color sunbleaches like THAT < snaps fingers >) so the grey is like silver streaking in among the gold and copper.

I'm starting to have enough greys together to make witchlocks, which I think look amazing in braids and buns. Almost like you bleached the heck out of your hair to make granpa white patches on purpose.
    Owning my vague creepiness . . .

Banned
    Type
    1a/1b/F/M/i/ii

why do you think your grays are beautiful and should just be left alone?
    Because in the end they are gonna win and I'm not, so I leave them be. I don't dye them... never did and have no plans on starting.

A girlfriend of mines has had 2 silver streaks on in her bang area since we've been in our 20's and I've always loved them.

And for goodness sakes stop plucking out your gray hairs! ACK.

Length
    15 in/15 in/20 in
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

your hair tells a story about who you are and what you have been through.
    My goal is to grow 3 inches before prom.

Type
    1c/M/ii

I think a lot of what we feel about our grays has to do with how we feel about ouselves and the sprouting grays speak to the sweeping of time, unstoppable, undeniable and often frightening. In a society that worships the god of Youth, we have the mantra of "Youth = Beauty" beaten into our heads constantly by the marketing gurus whose job it is to make us all feel bad about ourselves and spending to try and create a personna that doesn't work, makes us feel inferior, leads to depression and misery.

Who needs it?! It's hair, for godsakes! It's part of life and if you're lucky you will live long enough to grow old and, bygod, this ain't for sissies, people! We deserve respect, honor and to be looked up to as the smart, experienced and excellent examples we are - not as what you should try to avoid.

All of life is an adventure. Each path turns and winds, up and down, our trip constantly a surprise to treasure. Those grays are an indication that you have LIVED! Love them!!
    The Blog: Skipping Barefoot Down the Rocky Road of Life

Length
    < apl/calf/floor
    Type
    2a/F/ii

I have earned every silver hair and love the contrast that they make against the brown ones.
    Lady Eboshi from Princess Mononoke

Length
    ?/BSL/Waist
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i

I got my first silvers in my early twenties; by the time I was around twenty-seven I had a nice streak right in front (think Rouge in X-men).

I love my silvers because they are a beautiful contrast to the darker hair, and because they show that I am still here, I have lived, I have survived!

Also, they're just plain pretty!

~Proud member of the Renegray Gang~

Length
    35/hip/-
    Type
    2b/M/ii

I love my silvers (it helps to think 'silver', rather than 'grey' ) because I really and truly think they're pretty! I didn't always think so, and it took LHC to help me see it.

Don't pluck them out! What if plucking kills those follicles? Believe me, if your hair thins as you get older, one day you'll want thick hair more than pigmented hair.
    From Hip to Ankle and now back to Hip again.