Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sleeping with Hair Toys

Length
    17"/29"/35"
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Default Sleeping with Hair Toys

Ok, what do you all think about this? Last night I figured I'd dry something with my hair, I have 3A hair and I am on the quest for waist length hair. I am thinking about when I get it that long and no longer have time to wet it at night and have it be mostly dry before bed, also I am gonna need to be able to "do" it less when it gets longer. So anyways, I did a sugar scrub and clarified with a little baking soda. I put some leave in conditioner in and a little aloe. I let it dry to about 40-50% then I twisted it and did (I think it's called a peacock twist) and put a water-proof hair stick in. it was way on top of my head so I was able to sleep in it. When I woke up and took it out I had twisty curly/waves at the end and soft slightly wavy volume at the top. I loved it! So have any of you done something similar? Are there other hair toys that are better for this? Maybe hair forks? ANything safe, I am kind of wary of clips now because of the possibility of pinching and breakage.

I always sleep with my u shaped knitting needle in my bun, that way I don't lay rummaging on my ends

Length
    >BSL/waist/TB
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii/iii

I sleep with a bun with hairstick almost every night.
    The hairstick sometimes comes out of my hair by morning, but I have no problem with it. I just make sure I use a very strong hairstick (I use my VK designs for this), because I broke a really nice wooden one (it was only 1 euro but it was pretty) by lying on it
    Where o where is my black & white Lotus... have I sold it? Have I lost it? I honestly can't remember!!

Length
    12/mb/waist
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

I'd never get any sleep if I had toy in my hair at night (braids, scarves etc drive me crazy) but it sounds like a cool idea.
    Routine for my dyed mid back length hair: shampoo and condition twice a week, with Alterna Kendi Dry Oil Spray all over and shea butter on ends and lightly on length as leave-ins on wet hair, and blow dried with a Sedu on low heat

Length
    17"/29"/35"
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

Great! Glad I'm not the only one! The way it came out was like mildly relaxed curls and it might be what I will get when my hair gets longer beings with my hair the weight relaxes the top part anyways. With my hair this way I am pretty sure that I could go jump in the shower with it up and not wet it everyday. I can even comb it when dry (which is impossible when curly) and just spritz it a bit with water and maybe a little aloe, then twist it back up in my stick. When I take it down when dry, it looks cute. Now I can change my hair to without damaging it. I like the idea of looser curls to combat shrinkage, or on days when I have time I can go all out curly. Also I think my BF might like it, cause he could run his finger through it and I won't mind him messing it up because I don't have to hop back in the shower to fix it.! YAY!

Can I do this with forks too? I never used one.

Length
    23/32/floor
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Ditto on what Eadwine said.
    LilyMunster
    Lady LilyMomster, Guardian of SpunSilver, Ever Creating Beauty from Chaos -Member of the Renegray Gang-

Length
    20/27/38
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

I have slept with my shorter hairfork in before, but then again I sleep on my stomach so it's not that big of an issue. Be careful though with longer plastic or wood sticks, because then you might wake up to a snapping noise behind your head! I don't think that'd be a problem with metal ones though.
    Last edited by Xanthippe; April 19th, 2008 at 06:04 PM. Reason: taking out "might probably" - heh
    Lady Xanthyppe of the Moonlith Waves in the Order of the Longhaired Knights
    My Progress! (updated August 2009)
    Currently at the upper regions of BSL. Growing again!

Length
    17"/29"/35"
    Type
    3a/F/M/iii

I am on a mission now! i was bitten by the hair toy bug. Now that I know that I can sleep with them in and wake wake up with great easy hair, not to mention protect my hair and help me attain my goal quicker. I can stop sleeping in a scrunchi which always leaves that weird dent in your hair.

Length
    27/36"/long
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

I can't sleep with my hair up. It bugs me. I either sleep with it loose or in a single, low braid.
    Pegasus Marsters 117th wife
    Life is like a hot bath...the longer you stay in it, the more wrinkled you get.

Type
    1b/M/ii

I sleep with hairsticks in occasionally, never had any problems.

I second what Xanthippe said about being careful with wood or plastic sticks, but other than that, go for it.