Page 41 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 31394041424351911415411041 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

LULUJ, are you following me?!?!?!

Shoot, I should be following you b/c I think your hair might be a bit longer than mine. Have you measured the length? I always measure wet (to keep it more consistent) .... 19 3/4".
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    I have just graduated from the "shorties" thread and I "just now" found this thread! I started out here at TLHC with a very short pixie. My hair is now long enough to put up (YIPPEE!) although I am not sure what length it is "officially." Arm Pit Length is my next stop on the way to my goal of waist. Here is my length photo for August.......I am so happy to have found this thread!
    Hrmm, you look like you might be APL even. Hey, I'm pretending to be SL when maybe 3 hairs touch my trap muscles. I'm tired of being a super shorty, I've always been there.... I wanna be in the big (long) hair club...

Hair styles I can manage (from most professional/adult to ewww, but it's off my neck)

Low ponytail at nape. It's not all off my neck, but it allows some air flow. This wins simply because it does all go with the assistance of 2 pins hidden behind my ears.

Gibson tuck. Tend to loose the front sections, but it's ok with a few pins. Need a "filler" for the tuck to hide the ends that want to pop up.

Peacock twist. Woohoo, and it nearly all stays also Need a medium Ficcare now, I've outgrown my small

Lace braided to the nape, then English braid the ends, then pinned under the other. Think it'll look better with more practice.

French (ish) braided pigtails. Ok if I'm only at work and not meeting people. Also pretty good for hiding the fact that I needed to wash my hair and overslept Looks better if I manage to tuck the tassle under the braids.

Sock bun!! Ok, big fat cheater method. I use whatever my hair can hide. Then, get my big pretty flower clip, and clip that over the top. My ends pop out some, and people seriously think I have a big bun with longer hair. Hehehe. I can't do the full rolled version yet.

Flipped ponytail. Flip the ends up so you have a wee stubby bump. My main daily not at work style. Have cheated it at work when the tuck or sock bun failed, just put the clip decor over the ends and band.

Piggie tails. Fine, I look like I'm 3. Given as my mental age someday is about that, I don't care. Best I have for trying clothes on since most of the hair is secure and thus doesn't frizz when I take something off over my head.

Rope braided pigtails. Might not look bad if you take the time to do them right vs just putting your oiled but not washed hair up.

My messy attempt at a French braid. Heh. Half of it will fall out at the end of the day. I can't get it to lay flat and not pop on top when I braid. But this is called practice and I will learn and eventually my hair will stay.

Lots of little French braids, can get like 12 or so in with 6 baby English also. Wear it for serious workouts or if I teach a class. Hair stays put and doesn't move. Doesn't look the best on my very straight very fine white girl hair. Not meant to look pretty, meant to hold till the cows come home. And it does. If I'm leaving it in for longer than a day, I'll look around for someone who has the braids in nicely and try to do that.

Headband and a pathetic 2 bump English braid. Yes, it sucks. I know that. It looks like blech. It's what I sleep in if I'm not washing my hair in the morning. Also with the band and a ponytail, not bad for going running.

NEARLY at a French twist using YellowChariot's method. Not quite there. Either the top or the bottom will be too loose and slip out.

A lot of buns start working as a baby bun in a half up. I call it practice time.

For me, I can get all of my hair back except for about 2" in the front, or all but the fringe at my nape if I put it up higher. The front section is easier to deal with, so I put anything in lower. The front, I clip it back under the rest of my hair first, so it all looks smooth, or put little braids in, or lace braid it to a tail or braid it back into your length, then twist and put in the Gibson tuck.

Any scarf looks pretty with it around your hair, plus it protects from the sun.

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by smilinjenn71 View Post
    LULUJ, are you following me?!?!?!

Shoot, I should be following you b/c I think your hair might be a bit longer than mine. Have you measured the length? I always measure wet (to keep it more consistent) .... 19 3/4".
    Hi Jenn It would seem that we are very close in length, although I haven't actually measured my hair, wet or dry, although I plan to now!! Nothing like a "fun" competition to keep a girl focused I'll measure after my shower today and then report back!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Hello MandyBeth! I want to be in the same club!! Thanks for all of the styling suggestions!

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Hi Jenn It would seem that we are very close in length, although I haven't actually measured my hair, wet or dry, although I plan to now!! Nothing like a "fun" competition to keep a girl focused I'll measure after my shower today and then report back!
    Woohooooooo...can't wait to hear!! Had hubby measure dry last night and it's only 1/4" shorter when dry, so... 19 1/2"!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by smilinjenn71 View Post
    Woohooooooo...can't wait to hear!! Had hubby measure dry last night and it's only 1/4" shorter when dry, so... 19 1/2"!
    OK....just measured my hair, soaking wet, and it is exactly 19 inches.....had my hubby double check and he came up with the same number, so it's official, Jenn, you are ahead of me by a mere 1/2 inchso, let the games begin We will, of course, keep this friendly!

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

OK....just measured my hair, soaking wet, and it is exactly 19 inches.....had my hubby double check and he came up with the same number, so it's official, Jenn, you are ahead of me by a mere 1/2 inchso, let the games begin We will, of course, keep this friendly!
    Oh yea, it's alllll in good fun! I could have sworn your hair was longer than mine! Just goes to show you, you can't always tell in pics.

Length
    Chin/Waist/Hip
    Type
    1b/F/M/ii

Hi everyone! I've been reading this forum for a quite a long time, and now decided to join the fun
    My own hair is, surprise, to my shoulders, chestnut brown and a bit wavy, and growing to APL is kind of a mini goal before continuing to at least BSL. It would probably be much longer if I just had stopped listening to my sisters, who insisted(and they still do) that I shoud never grow it past shoulders because it would not look nice, and they would keep saying it until I would let them cut it. Now though I'm not letting them do that anymore.
    Fortunately, I'm still fairly young, so I have veeery much time(but the fact that I'm incredibly impatient is not making the growing any faster), so I'll most likely hit BSL by the time I'm seventeen or so.
    And I have to say, thank you, reading this forum saved my hair from many more years of damage(I blowdryed, ripped the comb through the hair etc.). Thanks!
    Oh, and, sorry about the spelling mistakes, if there were any, English is not my first language.

Swedish-Italian Anglophile lost in Florida
    Length
    shldr/APL/WL
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/iii

After many painful months in shoulderland, I think my hair is brushing APL now... can it be? Will take a length shot tomorrow
    Madame Bovary's Basement * ~ * ~ * ~ Transatlantic Impressions * ~ * ~ * ~ My facebook

Shoulder - APL - BSL - waist - hip - tailbone

made of sugar and cyanide MandyBeth's Avatar
    Length
    6"?/17"/.....
    Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

19.25 inches! Grow little hairs, grow!