Page 1545 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 54510451445149515351543154415451546154715551595 ... LastLast
Results 15,441 to 15,450 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Type
    1b/M/i/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Congratulations on everyone’s progress. ❤️ I’ve gone on a vacation for a week. I’m currently encouraging my hair’s natural texture and this is what it looks like so

InTheCity Don’t be discouraged. Just like us, our hair sometimes goes through rough phases.
    QueenElla, I found that pregnancy had done wonders for my hair as well, definitely use it. Your hair is going to look amazing with a little extra care.
    0xalis Congratulations.
    Bat Your hair looks thick and nice on your profile photo, just don’t touch the scissors and you’ll be fine.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    Thanks all!!
    Bat, your hair is looking so lovely in that avatar! You'll get there before you know it!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by LilacOrchid View Post
    Congratulations on everyone’s progress. ❤️ I’ve gone on a vacation for a week. I’m currently encouraging my hair’s natural texture and this is what it looks like so

InTheCity Don’t be discouraged. Just like us, our hair sometimes goes through rough phases.
    QueenElla, I found that pregnancy had done wonders for my hair as well, definitely use it. Your hair is going to look amazing with a little extra care.
    0xalis Congratulations.
    Bat Your hair looks thick and nice on your profile photo, just don’t touch the scissors and you’ll be fine.
    Thank you both!

Length
    15.75/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Inthecity wow! Your natural texture is so curly! Are you doing more to try to bring out the curl? It's so pretty! I have a bad taper too but NOT volume at the roots. I love the volume you have!
    Nothing to bring out the curl other than letting it do its thing but am using a hair product meant for wavy or curly hair. It makes my curls less frizzy and thus I'm able to stand looking at myself. Figures I'd be 37 years old before learning how curls work, lol. Thanks for the compliment on volume. My ends are in bad shape and I can't necessarily figure out why. I probably have 1-2" left from highlights I got Sept 2019 and was using too harsh a shampoo on weekends for the past 2 months. But I really really want to see what I can do long term to try to keep the hemline thicker.
    These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

Length
    15.75/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

QueenElla and 0xalis - congratulations!
    These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCity View Post
    Nothing to bring out the curl other than letting it do its thing but am using a hair product meant for wavy or curly hair. It makes my curls less frizzy and thus I'm able to stand looking at myself. Figures I'd be 37 years old before learning how curls work, lol. Thanks for the compliment on volume. My ends are in bad shape and I can't necessarily figure out why. I probably have 1-2" left from highlights I got Sept 2019 and was using too harsh a shampoo on weekends for the past 2 months. But I really really want to see what I can do long term to try to keep the hemline thicker.
    The best thing I do for my ends is lots of moisture and wearing it up a lot. If it's highlights, I think I read that protein is helpful for any kind of bleach damage.

Today when I was getting dressed, I did the towel test and with dry hair, my hair is actually a little bit past APL stretched! However, I want it to be APL dry and not stretched so I don't consider myself APL yet. But, it was a nice milestone and made me feel a little excited this morning. It's nice to see progress.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

The best thing I do for my ends is lots of moisture and wearing it up a lot. If it's highlights, I think I read that protein is helpful for any kind of bleach damage.

Today when I was getting dressed, I did the towel test and with dry hair, my hair is actually a little bit past APL stretched! However, I want it to be APL dry and not stretched so I don't consider myself APL yet. But, it was a nice milestone and made me feel a little excited this morning. It's nice to see progress.
    That is exciting!

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    That is exciting!
    Thanks Bat! I appreciate the support! It's so nice to have this thread full of wonderful people who also get excited over these milestones!

The journey continues Eastbound&Down's Avatar
    Length
    Chin/WL/Hip+
    Type
    2c/F/M/iii

Such a good feeling when you start getting close to your milestones! How much longer do you think with it natural?

Length
    .5 in/21 in/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Eastbound&Down View Post
    Such a good feeling when you start getting close to your milestones! How much longer do you think with it natural?
    It really is! Based on previous growing outs, I would say optimistically about an inch to an inch and a half ( I am 22 inches now) It's basically August now,... so October or November. Sigh... seems like so far away. So maybe by Halloween but definitely Thanksgiving as long as my growth stays consistent.

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Thanks Bat! I appreciate the support! It's so nice to have this thread full of wonderful people who also get excited over these milestones!
    Of course! We got to keep motivated