Page 1624 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 624112415241574161416221623162416251626 ... LastLast
Results 16,231 to 16,240 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    12/25/37
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

So, my hair is at collar bone, with some layers being around chin... bleach damage is a real pain to grow out. It feels very short, but considering this time last year I had about 2 inches of hair on my head, I'd say I'm pretty happy. By the end of this year with my growth rate I should be about 2 inches from APL. So... roughly 10 months. I'm not sure if I'm gonna be able to hold out on trimming my ends though. They are so tangly. The new growth is gorgeous, super shiny, soft, and smooth, and then its... hay.

Type
    2b/M/ii/iii

I kept trimming it for the last two years until I had it all relatively healthy and bluntly cut at my chin level (after a hendigo mistake followed by a lot of attempts to bleach that out) and then started to grow it from there. I just couldn't stand the damaged part even though it was significantly longer with it. I think the best idea is to keep it at the shortest length you're comfortable with (for me was at the chin) and keep trimming the damaged bits every month until all of it is healthy and you can grow it safely. I know it feels painfully long, but it's worth it.
    Chin - NL - SL - APL - BSL - WL (Dec 2024) - HL - TBL - Classic(June 2026)

Length
    Jaw/APL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/iii

I cross-posted over on the hair typing thread. This is my hair now, I feel that I've finally emerged from the dreaded awkward phase. I don't love the styling, because as per hair typing requirements, there are no products in it, and I usually at least oil it after washing. Also I'm not sure why it looks gray. This is my natural color, darkish brown with ash tones, but I guess the sunlight really brought out the ash. Anyway, I haven't done any exact measurements, but I think I'm about 2 inches from APL.

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

Such a pretty color SaveTheTapirs! It's that shine from the sun that's bringing out the ash tones. So pretty.

I'm crossposting this picture from a no-trimming thread because I feel like I'm getting awfully close to APL. But I wont be ready to call it until it's really undeniable. But I'm still hugely excited to be approaching my first milestone since I joined the LHC

Length
    Jaw/APL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Thanks, Abacus! You're definitely getting close! I really like your tight curls.

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/Meh

It will take two years to get here but I'm going to lurk here a while APL is my first Major goal before hip, and staying in the buzz thread all the time sorta makes me feel I'm in a time loop. Here's to motivation

Length
    Pixie/CBL/MTL
    Type
    3b/3c/M/ii

I feel like I've been 1 inch away from being APL for a couple months. It's probably because I'm bad at judging what an inch looks like when I eyeball it. But I felt so close to APL, and it's just....not there yet. Driving me a little crazy. Why does time seem to slow way down when you're ALMOST at a milestone?
    twa -- shoulder -- collarbone -- ARMPIT -- mid back -- waist -- hip -- tailbone -- classic -- mid thigh -- knee

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/Meh

Quote Originally Posted by Abacus View Post
    I feel like I've been 1 inch away from being APL for a couple months. It's probably because I'm bad at judging what an inch looks like when I eyeball it. But I felt so close to APL, and it's just....not there yet. Driving me a little crazy. Why does time seem to slow way down when you're ALMOST at a milestone?
    The almost there stage usually is where I give up and quit I know how hard it is, but you got this

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    The almost there stage usually is where I give up and quit I know how hard it is, but you got this
    I am back, again. This thread has been my place many times, perhaps there is a message for me. I didn't quit this time, a shed took me out instead. APL is my goal, after that maintain, maintain and maintain.

Length
    Buzz/BUZZ/Meh

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    I am back, again. This thread has been my place many times, perhaps there is a message for me. I didn't quit this time, a shed took me out instead. APL is my goal, after that maintain, maintain and maintain.
    It will take me over a year to get back here, you'll be long gone back to apl before you know it