Page 1595 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 5951095149515451585159315941595159615971605 ... LastLast
Results 15,941 to 15,950 of 16321

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMacWifey View Post
    Thanks to everyone who welcomed me. I haven't been able to access LHC for over a week and I don't know why. It doesn't seem like it was down for anyone else.

Anyway this mullet discussion is right down my alley because that's exactly the phase I'm in right now! I've watched so many youtube videos on growing out short hair, and with the exception of 1, every single person is basically saying that trimming the mullet is mandatory.

And I really, really don't want to trim and throw away my progress. I'm getting closer to being able to ponytail it, and a trim would set me way back. My normal style right now is half up, and you can't even tell there's anything mullety going on with my hair when it's styled that way.

Also I just learned about the wolf cut, and when I looked at pictures I realized that's basically what I have right now!
    Welcome! And I'm going to embrace the mullet this time around, it helps that shaggy hair is in fashion atm yay for trends that are actually helpful.

Length
    15.75/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/M/i/ii

Ylva, would you be willing to tell me where in ii you are?
    I'm encouraged by seeing a 2a at truly long lengths because I feel like I can never even get to BSL. I'm a low ii; 2.25" circumference on a good day. A high ii, like 3.5", is so very different.
    These pics were about 10 years ago... Trying again from similar to that short pic.

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by InTheCity View Post
    Ylva, would you be willing to tell me where in ii you are?
    I'm encouraged by seeing a 2a at truly long lengths because I feel like I can never even get to BSL. I'm a low ii; 2.25" circumference on a good day. A high ii, like 3.5", is so very different.
    Sure thing! I was at 3.15" when I last measured my ponytail circumference. That was before I started growing out my natural hair, so I don't know how it's looking now, but it's not significantly thicker at least.

2.25" is not a particularly small ponytail circumference at all, in my view! In my country, it's not uncommon to see ponytails the thickness of a pencil, and I've seen them at APL or so at least.
    Ósnjallr maðr hyggsk munu ey lifa, ef hann við víg varask;
    en elli gefr hánum engi frið, þótt hánum geirar gefi.

Instagram | Last.fm | Folk band | Acoustic metal duo | My links

Length
    10/23+/fun

Quote Originally Posted by Ylva View Post
    Sure thing! I was at 3.15" when I last measured my ponytail circumference. That was before I started growing out my natural hair, so I don't know how it's looking now, but it's not significantly thicker at least.

2.25" is not a particularly small ponytail circumference at all, in my view! In my country, it's not uncommon to see ponytails the thickness of a pencil, and I've seen them at APL or so at least.
    YLVA, get your arse out of here....I'm having enough APL envy without you flaunting your incredible hair here......just leave us alone.....lol j/k of course.

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    YLVA, get your arse out of here....I'm having enough APL envy without you flaunting your incredible hair here......just leave us alone.....lol j/k of course.

O.R.
    Aaahhh but I like to lurk here!! Honestly, I've been having some shoulder to APL envy myself lately. Just a couple of nights ago, I had a dream where 0xalis cut my hair (in a Dressman store of all places - a men's clothing store operating mostly in the Nordics and a few other European countries) to waist, but it was supposed to be CBL. I was secretly disappointed that I retained that much length as I would've liked to experience shorter hair for a change. I long for the ease and I can only imagine how nicely my wurls would come out at that length!

Length
    10/23+/fun

Aaahhh but I like to lurk here!! Honestly, I've been having some shoulder to APL envy myself lately. Just a couple of nights ago, I had a dream where 0xalis cut my hair (in a Dressman store of all places - a men's clothing store operating mostly in the Nordics and a few other European countries) to waist, but it was supposed to be CBL. I was secretly disappointed that I retained that much length as I would've liked to experience shorter hair for a change. I long for the ease and I can only imagine how nicely my wurls would come out at that length!
    OMG... is it just me or am I in a nightmare.....I can't imagine you as anything else than a long haired goddess..... forgive me for my old dude sentiments....

O.R.
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

I lurk here still, and I'm 2 topics prior to this one

Length
    Hip/Hip+/Metal
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by oldrocker View Post
    OMG... is it just me or am I in a nightmare.....I can't imagine you as anything else than a long haired goddess..... forgive me for my old dude sentiments....

O.R.
    You needn't be worried - I need my hair for epic headbanging, but sometimes, I just have to fantasize about such things!

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    I lurk here still, and I'm 2 topics prior to this one
    I like to read most threads, including lengths/methods etc. that don't concern me, just for fun.

Length
    Jaw/APL/Hip
    Type
    2c/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Welcome! And I'm going to embrace the mullet this time around, it helps that shaggy hair is in fashion atm yay for trends that are actually helpful.
    Thank you! Yes, I'm glad it's in style, I just wish I didn't hate the look so much on myself! My hope is that if I avoid trimming, my hair will eventually look like it has normal layers once it gets longer. For the time being, I try to disguise the shorter layers with styles like half-up.

Length
    Buzz/Buzz/Calf+

You needn't be worried - I need my hair for epic headbanging, but sometimes, I just have to fantasize about such things!

I like to read most threads, including lengths/methods etc. that don't concern me, just for fun.
    true! It's good you are keeping it long even though watching dye being cut out of hair is oddly satisfying to watch haha

Quote Originally Posted by MrsMacWifey View Post
    Thank you! Yes, I'm glad it's in style, I just wish I didn't hate the look so much on myself! My hope is that if I avoid trimming, my hair will eventually look like it has normal layers once it gets longer. For the time being, I try to disguise the shorter layers with styles like half-up.
    You got this! It will, just have to play the long game and think of the goal