Page 1445 of 1632 FirstFirst ... 44594513451395143514431444144514461447145514951545 ... LastLast
Results 14,441 to 14,450 of 16318

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by Roses-at-dawn View Post
    Most my hair is hip, but my undercut just passed shoulder!! It looks terrible in braids and I can't wear a bun higher than ear height, but I'm so excited to keep growing.
    Yay!! My undercut is the same length, though the rest of my hair is a bit shorter than yours (somewhere around BSL/waist).

I keep saying (and have been saying for at least 6 months lol) that surely NOW is the most awkward stage of growing out the undercut. I've been using contour clips for buns, as I often find them more comfortable at the crown of my head, but braids are a no-go; I just can't stand the ends poking out and tickling my neck. I keep telling myself that SURELY in another few months the undercut will have grown out enough to stay in a braid
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

So many people growing out undercuts, that's amazing :D I mean, it's a tedious journey, but it helps to share it with others!
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (curly)
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (stretched)
    Prounouns: they/them only, please!

I was hoping to make it to APL before the end of the year. I'm at 56cm (22") and APL is 60cm (23.5") on me. I have a slow growth rate, about 0.8cm a month but it didn't grow at all last month so I'm starting to feel a little discouraged.

Curly:
    Buzz~NL~SL~APL~BSL~WL
    Buzz | NL | SL | APL | BSL | WL | HL| TBL | Classic

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

CuteCrow, that sounds like you might still get really close to APL if the stall ends soon, right?

Copying from the thread of one year of growth:

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    I feel like I might be able to call it soon! It still curls above APL on the first and second day, but since I kept something like U hemline, the longest part seems to be trying really hard to reach it. c:
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (curly)
    ears | shoulders | APL | SBL | waist (stretched)
    Prounouns: they/them only, please!

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    I was hoping to make it to APL before the end of the year. I'm at 56cm (22") and APL is 60cm (23.5") on me. I have a slow growth rate, about 0.8cm a month but it didn't grow at all last month so I'm starting to feel a little discouraged.
    you gotten so close keep going! it is just a stal,l from what I've seen your hair isn't at terminal
    Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Living The Split Dye Life

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    CuteCrow, that sounds like you might still get really close to APL if the stall ends soon, right?

Copying from the thread of one year of growth:

I feel like I might be able to call it soon! It still curls above APL on the first and second day, but since I kept something like U hemline, the longest part seems to be trying really hard to reach it. c:
    ynne, to me it looks like you reached it!
    And it looks so soft and pretty!

ETA: silly me! I always forget you claim the milestone when curly! I'd bet that by September you'll be there
    Last edited by SleepyTangles; August 7th, 2020 at 06:11 AM.
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CuteCrow View Post
    Don't be discouraged! You'll make it!
    I don't know why but I mostly feel like my hair is always at the same lenght... Then suddenly, one day I wake up and see it got longer
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    chin/waist/Class
    Type
    1c/2a/M/ii

My hair was at APL last year but it was badly damaged due to straightening, I got my partner to chop it off to my ears in Sept 2019 and I got him to chop the last remaining damage in Feb 2020. I changed up my diet cause it was terrible and I also started taking suppliments and regular oiling treatments. So far it's grown from 11 inches to just 16 inches. Doing my best to be patient, I don't touch straightener's anymore (I gave them away), I'm trying to manage and love my wavy/curly hair. Patience is a virtue

Length
    Bald/Pixie/Term

I'm officially calling my hair neck length, my growth rate is pretty slow, don't think I even grew half an inch this month
    Shoulder+ by my 40th (May 2025)
    Buzz>>>Pixie>>>Chin>>>Shoulder
    Living The Split Dye Life

Type
    3a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by SleepyTangles View Post
    ynne, to me it looks like you reached it! :D
    And it looks so soft and pretty!
    ETA: silly me! I always forget you claim the milestone when curly! I'd bet that by September you'll be there :cheer:
    It's okay! It's still progress since it doesn't need to be fully stretched to get there. c: Thank you for the encouragement & compliments!

Quote Originally Posted by silentlotus View Post
    My hair was at APL last year but it was badly damaged due to straightening, I got my partner to chop it off to my ears in Sept 2019 and I got him to chop the last remaining damage in Feb 2020. I changed up my diet cause it was terrible and I also started taking suppliments and regular oiling treatments. So far it's grown from 11 inches to just 16 inches. Doing my best to be patient, I don't touch straightener's anymore (I gave them away), I'm trying to manage and love my wavy/curly hair. Patience is a virtue
    Congratulations on starting to embrace your hair with its natural texture! I saw your album, it looks really nice!