Page 100 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 509098991001011021101502006001100 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 16321

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Ugh, I had DH measure me the other day my hair was soaking wet and measured at 20 inches..

Let it dry... darn shrinkage. I lost 2 inches to the waves I know there are some that loose more to shrinkage but still *cries*

*points to Siggy*

can I call that APL?

Hoping to reach BSL By January 2012

Type
    1b/F/ii

Thanks for those that replied about lengths for measuring. I think for my hair I should go with the bulk of it, because it's just a few hairs from the front that are longer. They don't really fit the rest of the hemline; I think that's a good way to determine it.

As far as how I got to this link, I had kept my hair cut in an Aline, really short and stacked in the back and long in the front about to my collar bone. It looked really awesome and I may go back to that one day, but I decided I wanted to try growing my hair at least to my waist to see how I look. So, here I am at Upper Back Length.

It may just be how my hair is shaped or my general lazy nature, but I've not had any trouble with styling at this length. I can leave it down and let it air dry, then comb it out and it looks good, or I can choose from several different braids or updos. Maybe it's because I had it shaped by a great hairdresser when it was barely hitting my shoulders and now it's halfway to APL so I've got enough length to play a bit.
    Have a beautiful day!

Length
    SL/BSL/TBL
    Type
    2a/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by PrincessTieflin View Post
    Ugh, I had DH measure me the other day my hair was soaking wet and measured at 20 inches..

Let it dry... darn shrinkage. I lost 2 inches to the waves I know there are some that loose more to shrinkage but still *cries*

*points to Siggy*

can I call that APL?
    IMO it's not APL yet but considering that it should be when your hair touches the line in your shirt I'd say give it another month and you'll surely get there. Go girl!
    shoulder - APL - BSL - waist (28.74 in) -hip (35 in) - TBL (38.2 in)
    Current goal: waist by Christmas 2013!

Length
    Chin/???/???
    Type
    2a/2b/M/iii

Glad to see I'm not the only one frustrated by hair at this length. It's ALMOST long enough to do cool styles with forks and sticks, but not quite. I'm tired of pony tails and the sock bun. Plus now it's long enough that the amount of messy leftover hair from the sock bun is STILL not long enough to wrap around the bun, but too long to look okay just sticking every-which-way. Grr. I still have some slightly below chin-length layering in the front too, mainly from my bangs growing out. I'm half-tempted to keep the bangs, but I know I'll regret cutting them back. My hair is too thick and wavy for bangs to look okay without heat-styling them into submission. Just 2-3 more inches and I'll have SO many more options. I'm just about to APL, maybe one more month?
    "There is not enough darkness in the world to extinguish the light of one small candle." - Spanish Proverb
    Hip length to Pixie, now growing long again. Currently past SL, heading to APL.

Can't keep away, it seems Unofficial_Rose's Avatar
    Type
    2a/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by annieangel149 View Post
    wow maddie! your hair is looking very healthy!
    btw! the colour of your hair is gorgeous!!!!!!

Maddie, your hair is very lovely. Agree with Annie about the colour.

I LOVE that hooded top, btw. Mind if I ask where you got it? Although I'm in the UK, chances are it's some retailer that isn't over here.

Length
    16/16.5/20
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/i/ii

Hello everyone, I have shoulder-length hair that I'm trying to grow to APL by my birthday later this year. It was halfway there a month ago, but I got so fed up with my hair being so thin that I had a few inches chopped off. I have PCOS so my hair has thinned out a LOT since I was a teenager, and one of my main concerns with growing my hair long again is it looking stringy, thin, oily, and gross. Any advice on how to make hair look fuller when you have thin hair?

I'm working on the roots of the hair loss itself--a doctor recently ordered a ferritin test and I found out I have very low iron stores, so I'm taking a lot of iron in hopes of raising levels and encouraging hair regrowth in the next few months.

I can finally join this thread. Yippee!!!!

This stage is always the hardest for me. When my hair gets to my shoulders it does weird flippy things all over the place and it drives me crazy. In the past I've given in and had a chop....just to start over again

I'm determined this time to get past this awful stage, even if I have to wear it up everyday. Grow hair, grow!!!

*I just realized I need to update my avatar pic

Length
    pixie/apl/waist
    Type
    2c/M/ii/iii

The longer the hair gets the better I'd say. It is getting better every day

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by imasin View Post
    Hello everyone
    *snip*

I'm working on the roots of the hair loss itself--a doctor recently ordered a ferritin test and I found out I have very low iron stores, so I'm taking a lot of iron in hopes of raising levels and encouraging hair regrowth in the next few months.
    Welcome! And I hope the iron works!
    I've learnt it's better for me to share myself with those who appreciate my values, otherwise I'd be wasting valuable energy on negative people...
    and end up in the psychic vampire drainage system! - Seagreen

Length
    Chin/APL?/Ftip
    Type
    3a/3b/F/M/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Braidy View Post
    IMO it's not APL yet but considering that it should be when your hair touches the line in your shirt I'd say give it another month and you'll surely get there. Go girl!
    I am still here for a bit then

I know I am growing because I had to henna my roots again on the 12 of Jan.. and NOw I am getting regrowth again

Hoping to reach BSL By January 2012