Page 51 of 1633 FirstFirst ... 414950515253611011515511051 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Length
    pixie/bob/BSL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

In my guess-timation, it looks like I won't hit APL until Christmas or possibly a little later.
    Almost APL - cut it all off Dec '10 - Growing again Aug '11

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

I'm declaring myself officially at shoulder length and joining this thread.

Because I have sloping shoulders, I'll be here for a loooong time...

Length
    2 1/2/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Caldonia Sun View Post
    I think I've hit APL. You can see the latest length in my profile pic. Now I guess it's either cut back to SL or go on to BSL.
    It seems to me that you have a third option: getting regular trims to stay at APL...

Length
    16/20/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

More and more of my hair ends are on APL ! It is actually quite a thick hemline, but about 1/3 of my hair is around mid-neck length, perky and thin... I am in doubt: should i grow it all out 'till the layers hit shoulder and then cut back to sl? Or retain at apl and do 1"trims every 4 months?

Are any of you doing self trims on this length? Any tips for that? i am not able to do so... wish i was! Because the reason for not going to a hair dresser and have a trim tomorrow is money saving, i actually would love a trim right now.. On the good side: no trimming since May 2010 is how i am finally gaining length!

Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Krentje View Post
    More and more of my hair ends are on APL ! It is actually quite a thick hemline, but about 1/3 of my hair is around mid-neck length, perky and thin... I am in doubt: should i grow it all out 'till the layers hit shoulder and then cut back to sl? Or retain at apl and do 1"trims every 4 months?

Are any of you doing self trims on this length? Any tips for that? i am not able to do so... wish i was! Because the reason for not going to a hair dresser and have a trim tomorrow is money saving, i actually would love a trim right now.. On the good side: no trimming since May 2010 is how i am finally gaining length!
    I just trimmed an inch and a half off of my ends this past weekend using http://community.livejournal.com/feyeselftrim and I am so pleased with how it turned out! I have never trimmed my hair myself so I was nervous, but I went ahead and did it anyway!!

Length
    16/20/Happy
    Type
    1b/F/ii

Thank you Luluj! I will try this or next weekend.

Length
    Pob!/SL/BSL+
    Type
    1b/1c/M/i/ii

I am around an inch past collarbone and i feel like its been here forever! I dont feel like it has grown at all and i am due for my 9 weekly trim on saturday. I wont cancel because its getting all messy and scragely so it needs a tidy and i only get tiny amounts cut off. I was doing so well with over an inch and a half worth of growth in 9 weeks.

Now i dont feel like ive made any progress. Maybe i need to take a length pic....i havent done one in a while....

Looks like APL is further away than i thought!
    - Chin - Shoulder - Collarbone - midway between SL and APL - APL when my arms are lifted up! - APL - BSL -

Quote Originally Posted by Beatrix_Kiddo View Post
    Can I call my avatar picture shoulder length? It was taken today. APL seems too long to me, but I hope to get there in april 2011. In the meantime, I will continue with my routine: no cone poo, CWC wash, different rinses, like rosemary, camomille, calendula etc and tons of coconut oil. My hair loves it!
    LOVE the user name!!! but yes Id most deffinetly say you are shoulder length..

and with that...I think I'll be moving on...I have undoubtably meet APL (once again) figured Id share a picture of proof...

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/...ictureid=83734 sorry that was supposed to be a picture, I guess i dont know how people post pictures from albums...well click on it theres more as well...

see ya all on the flip side...

Length
    Nape/28.5/30
    Type
    1c/F/ii/iii

Hi, I'm not sure if I already posted here yet, but I'm growing shoulder to APL. My DBF measured my hair on august 22th, and I had 2.5 inches to go before I reach APL. I feel like it's longer and it also looks much longer in the mirror. because I asked him this morning to measure my hair again and he told me that my hair needed 0.5 inch to be APL. I told him it was impossible that my hair has grown 2 inches in 5 weeks. Maybe he did a mistake when he measured it in August or it was wavier that day. I started taking Greens+ wild berry (powder) a couple of weeks ago, maybe it speeds up my growth.
    Well.. I will reach my mini-goal very soon!!

Length
    18/19/32
    Type
    1c/2a/F/M/ii

Mine is just below shoulders and headed for APL. I'm looking at a good six inches to go.

Main goal is BSL.