Page 2 of 1632 FirstFirst 123412521025021002 ... LastLast

Thread: Shoulder | Armpit

Type
    2c/M/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

I'm there with you. I'm almost at APL. I've been maintaining at shoulder for several years. It's such a "blah" length, I finally decided I needed a change.

Length
    Short/25.25/Waist
    Type
    1c/M/i/ii

I expect to be APL by Christmas. I thought November but I've extended it a bit. At any rate when it hits 22" I'm calling it APL whether it's just shy or not. This has been my major milestone for so long I am not waiting any longer than the time/length I've set forth. I'm at 20.5+ so 1.5" to go and that's a good 3 months. I'll check in again then.
    <-- July 2008 . . . . . . . Every day my hair is not shorter than the day before.
    Proud member of The Renegray Gang

Tropical Longhaired Ninfa sally_neuf's Avatar
    Length
    Pixie/23'/Waist
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Me! This is my current lenght. (not a very good pic, but it works)

I think that 8 months from now I should be APL. To make it more insteresting, I will be wearing my hair in the little ponytail I can do, for two months. WITHOUT looking it at the mirror so I can be happy and notice some changes by december

edited: pfff.. 8 months?? what am I thinking? 4-5 should be enough... I hope ..!
    Thanks for the BSL Santa! Now, Can I ask for waist on 2011? <--- This siggy is so old I don't even want to change it.
    https://caravanacornelia.blogspot.com/ A blog of random things

Length
    pixie/SL/waist
    Type
    1a/F/ii

I think I have graduated from shortie to barely-at-shoulders. So I am here! APL seems like a loooong process. I have at least a year probably. But on the other hand, considering where I started, hurray shoulders!
    My hair is awkward
    I'm growing out a pixie
    Go away scissors

Length
    Buzz/BSL/BSL
    Type
    2a/M/ii

My hair is just past my shoulders. I'm not doing anything to 'push it along'. I have greatly reduced the frequency I heatstyle, though, so it will be healthier when it's longer.

Honestly, I feel no rush. Whether my hair is apl by New Year's or St Patty's day will not affect my life dramatically enough to stress about it. Every length has some fun or good point that another length does not, so I'm just enjoying it as I go.

Account Closed by Member Request

Quote Originally Posted by Kaileida View Post

Post your own! Post your advice! I love to hear from people who are going through similar trials and tribulations to my own.
    Hey Kaileida,
    I'm pretty sure that I'm already at APL. At least my longest layer is anyhow. I had my hair cut back in February So it has taken till this day to get to the length I am now. I'm going for BSL. I should be there around December or January. My hair grows from .70"-.75+" per month. I have noticed that my ponytails and braids are getting longer.

(OFF TOPIC) Next to your Telecaster, I see a Fender amp, it almost looks like a Super Champ tube amp, is it? Those things are awesome! I've tried out both the 5w and 15w versions! I like them both! The effects sound very organic as well, and not so digital!

Length
    14/19/Term
    Type
    2a/2b/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by heatherdazy View Post
    My hair is just past my shoulders. I'm not doing anything to 'push it along'. I have greatly reduced the frequency I heatstyle, though, so it will be healthier when it's longer.

Honestly, I feel no rush. Whether my hair is apl by New Year's or St Patty's day will not affect my life dramatically enough to stress about it. Every length has some fun or good point that another length does not, so I'm just enjoying it as I go.
    This is a very good and positive way to look at it.

Cat in a Human Disguise rapunzhell13's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I'm past shoulder and well on my way to APL. I will definitely be there by my birthday in April, but I'm hoping it'll be a lot sooner (possibly by the new year if I get that extra summer growth!) I can't believe I'm even in this group!

dreamed she was human... halo_tightens's Avatar
    Type
    2b/C/iii

I'm with you guys... I'm well past shoulder, but APL seems a mile away! I do think I'm finally growing again, though-- for a little while there, I seemed to be stuck at exactly 20 inches. I can tell I've started gaining length again recently, maybe another quarter-inch or half-inch. (Can't let myself think of more until it happens, lol.)

I'm waiting for BSL too! It just seems like so many more styles will be possible then. In the meantime, let's all encourage each other and hang in there!!

Length
    17.25/17.25/waist
    Type
    1b/1c/F/i/ii

Hi Ladies!

I'm at about collar bone and I'm looking forward to APL, but I don't project forward about how long it will take, so that I don't end up stressing over a "deadline."

However, I do a lot to push my growth along. I'm dealing with some hairloss (most likely due to either stress or the hot water I tend to favor in my showers, since a health check came back fine), so I take prenatals, folic acid, biotin, MSM, garlic, B complex, gelatin, and C. Yes, it's a lot, but it keeps me feeling great and has made a big difference in my hair growth/quality.

I use Nioxin (yes, SLS and 'cones) and it is the best shampoo and conditioner I have ever used, hands down. I love the way it makes my hair feel and look - and best of all, within weeks of starting it I saw new baby sprouts along my hairline. Now, months later, I have a halo of 2-3" hairs and I love knowing that a year from now this is all going to pay off with a thicker head of healthy hair.

I also use Monistat and MegaTek (I alternate, and use them about 2-3 times per week) to help it grow faster. I love the Monistat, it really reduces my shedding. The Mega Tek - I hate the fake coconut smell, but I think it is a great protein treatment that strengthens and helps the hair to grow.

So, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
    Chin...Shoulder...Collarbone...APL...BSL...Waist!
    << I miss this hair
    DanielleDoucette.com