Page 1490 of 1500 FirstFirst ... 49099013901440148014881489149014911492 ... LastLast
Results 14,891 to 14,900 of 14997

Thread: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

some out of the way corner of the universe
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I have finally reached shoulder and I am coming over here to be part of the growing to APL action! Glad to be here.

I am currently not doing much for benign neglect hairstyles. I like to use a claw clip for a twist or a cinnabun at the nape held with a spin pin. Otherwise I still wear it down and loose because it is really pretty short still.

Welcome and congratulations on being able to move to this thread!

Your hair is very pretty! In particular I like those waves at your ends.
    CL/SL/APL/BSL/WL
    123456 months since trimming

Length
    18/22/25
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Smile Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by ReadingRenee View Post
    Hi Everyone!

I have finally reached shoulder and I am coming over here to be part of the growing to APL action! Glad to be here.

I am currently not doing much for benign neglect hairstyles. I like to use a claw clip for a twist or a cinnabun at the nape held with a spin pin. Otherwise I still wear it down and loose because it is really pretty short still.

Welcome, ReadingRenee.

Congratulations! You made it!

~ Lady Bendis of the Silverlight Strands in the Order of the Longhaired Knights ~

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/???
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'm also calling shoulder-length now, though not with as much of a buffer as ReadingRenee! I'm trying to wear my hair in a peacock twist or a half up to protect the ends and the fragile little hairs around my face. I'm planning a trim in the beginning of July to neaten up the ends, so expect to be here for a very long time. APL would be the longest my hair has ever been (this is the longest since 2005), so I'm very excited to be here!

some out of the way corner of the universe
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post
    I'm also calling shoulder-length now, though not with as much of a buffer as ReadingRenee! I'm trying to wear my hair in a peacock twist or a half up to protect the ends and the fragile little hairs around my face. I'm planning a trim in the beginning of July to neaten up the ends, so expect to be here for a very long time. APL would be the longest my hair has ever been (this is the longest since 2005), so I'm very excited to be here!

Welcome! Looks like your hair grew a lot in just a couple of months!

My hair is also the longest it's ever been now that I'm brushing on APL. So exciting to see how long hair looks on me and what it is like to be a longhaired person.
    CL/SL/APL/BSL/WL
    123456 months since trimming

Length
    Pixie/Shldr/???
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    Welcome! Looks like your hair grew a lot in just a couple of months!

My hair is also the longest it's ever been now that I'm brushing on APL. So exciting to see how long hair looks on me and what it is like to be a longhaired person.
    Thanks! I used to try to convince myself that maybe my hair would grow fast because it doesn't have much thickness to fill in either per strand or in total :P

I've enjoyed reading the 'You know you're a longhair when...' thread to try to figure out what it's like to have long hair since this is all so new to me. You have to be careful of car doors? straps? the kitchen stove? Who knew!

Length
    .5 in/19.5/??
    Type
    2b/2c/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by tekla View Post
    Welcome and congratulations on being able to move to this thread!

Your hair is very pretty! In particular I like those waves at your ends.
    Thank you tekla! My hair can be more curly with product and scrunching but the waves at the end are what happens when I brush and leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by luluj View Post
    Welcome, ReadingRenee.

Congratulations! You made it!
    Yay! Thanks! Hi luluj! Yes I made it! Nice to see you!

Quote Originally Posted by xanthochromia View Post

Hi xanthochromia, its great to see you over here too! I just waited because APL takes F O R E V E R to reach for me. I expect to be in this thread until the winter holidays, if not later.

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Welcome xanthochromia and ReadingRenee! Both of you have such lovely hair colors and textures! (and kind of opposite, too, which is fun for me)

Shoulder to APL I feel is one of the longest length journeys for a lot of people, it helps to bring beverages and baked goods (this week we have a nice IPA beer and homemade cinnamon raisin swirl bread)
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient

Quote Originally Posted by veryhairyfairy View Post
    Welcome xanthochromia and ReadingRenee! Both of you have such lovely hair colors and textures! (and kind of opposite, too, which is fun for me)

Shoulder to APL I feel is one of the longest length journeys for a lot of people, it helps to bring beverages and baked goods (this week we have a nice IPA beer and homemade cinnamon raisin swirl bread)
    Hello everyone new!

Oh I absolutely agree it is definitely a marathon not a sprint! I cant wait to get there! For me as someone who has never really had long hair I'm trying to see it as a trial or initiation before getting to the longer lengths. I'm definitely going to allow myself to think of my hair as long once it's at apl wavy.

Length
    SL/SL/TL
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Update time! Almost 2 months of growth, I'm pretty happy, but it feels like itll take an eon to get to apl...

SL - CBL - APL - BSL - WL - HL - TL - KL (?!)
    Finding my terminal

Practicing Patience veryhairyfairy's Avatar
    Length
    APL/CBL/???
    Type
    2a/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by curlqueenjadine View Post
    Update time! Almost 2 months of growth, I'm pretty happy, but it feels like itll take an eon to get to apl... https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...4&d=1614858925

https://forums.longhaircommunity.com...5&d=1614858947
    That is some great growth! I don't think it will take as long as you fear to get to APL, look at how much length you gained in just 2 months!
    Formerly a Henna-Head, formerly FTL, formerly patient