Page 1474 of 1628 FirstFirst ... 47497413741424146414721473147414751476148415241574 ... LastLast
Results 14,731 to 14,740 of 16273

Thread: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by 0xalis View Post
    That's pretty unarguably APL to me blackgothicdoll!!!!!!! Congrats Grad

Edit to add: I'm tentatively sticking one foot into this thread. I'll stick the other foot in and graduate Chin to Shoulder when I get to solid collarbone.
    I've started tagging hair posts on Instagram as #ShoulderLengthHair so I guess that kind of means I'm calling it, so might as well announce my arrival lol.

My hair would be shoulder length on most people, my anatomy just causes "shoulder" to not even really be it's own milestone.
    It's just that by the time I'm out of trapezius zone and actually brushing the tops of my "actual shoulders", my frontmost hairs are brushing my collarbones.
    I should be at collarbone length by the beginning of February, which now is really not far off at all.

In "real life" people call everything from neck length to APL "shoulder length" so it's another way in which us LHCers differ from "normies" lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by FaeBroom View Post
    Hello! I just recently joined so I can't see all your lovely pics yet, but I can't wait to. I'm checking into this thread officially as of my first length shot because I'm still about an inch or two away from APL (I need to obtain a tape measure to be 100% sure of the distance). I'm honestly disappointed because I thought I was at APL already, but I guess I overestimated my growth and underestimated bleach breakage As soon as I can I'll post a pic from when I chopped and my first length shot, but in the meantime I'm studying to see how protective styling is done at this length! Currently I've had the same french braid in for two days, with some coconut oil in, so when I take it down tonight I'll see if I get a lot of breakage or not.
    Welcome!! It's nice to have more people on the same journey .
    No trimming
    1 2 3 4 5 6

Nice to see the things are going forward. Congrats , blackgothicgirl.
    Oxalis, good that your hair is now at CBL zone.
    I'm there, too ( on wet combed hair), but because of shrinkage and fringe, it looks like neglected long bob

Length
    Chin/MBL/FTL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

I'm finally able to post pics! I marked where my hair is now and where APL is on me, and then there's just a regular 'ol length shot:

I can't wait to post before and after henna pics, my Henna Sooq order shipped yesterday (:

Length
    2/SL/???
    Type
    2b/2c/C/ii

I think I can call it and graduate into this thread! My hair just barely reaches shoulder, but it's there, so here I am. I apparently can't take a decent picture of myself today, so I have no photographic proof of the hairy milestone.

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by meepster View Post
    I think I can call it and graduate into this thread! My hair just barely reaches shoulder, but it's there, so here I am. I apparently can't take a decent picture of myself today, so I have no photographic proof of the hairy milestone.
    It's good to see you here, meepster.
    No trimming
    1 2 3 4 5 6

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Just popping up to share some recent pictures
    I'm still decided to call my milestones on wet, stretched hair. I don't consider it cheating. That's actual length of my hair, after all.
    It gets much shorter when it dries and frankly I feel stuck sometimes... I guess it would take me 2 years to get to APL if I wanted to call it on fully dried hair.
    Shrinkage sucks...
    Shot of wet hair is from Tuesday, dry - Wednesday.

Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.

Length
    chin/SL/HL
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by paulownia View Post
    I'm still decided to call my milestones on wet, stretched hair. I don't consider it cheating. That's actual length of my hair, after all.
    It gets much shorter when it dries and frankly I feel stuck sometimes... I guess it would take me 2 years to get to APL if I wanted to call it on fully dried hair.
    Shrinkage sucks...
    Yes, I think it's better for you to call milestones on wet hair so you won't despair that it 'doesn't grow'. But besides this inconvenience, I love how your hair bounces up in such big curls. I always try to obtain the same type of curls with heatless methods .
    No trimming
    1 2 3 4 5 6

Purple Enthusiast SleepyTangles's Avatar
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii

Shrinkage sucks...

I think it's totally fine! I hit APL when wet and stretched around October, but my waves are APL only in the days they like to
    Frankly, the only thing that I'd consider cheating is tilting your head!

meepster, welcome!
    Pixie! - Ear - Chin-length floofball - B(L)ob - Shoulder - APL...

Length
    NL/APL/HL
    Type
    4a/C/ii/iii

Shrinkage sucks...

Its definitely not cheating! I measure my hair stretched for the same reason. With shrinkage it is still around neck length, if even.

No idea why anyone would call measuring your own hair cheating.

Length
    SL/APL/Waist
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by blackgothicdoll View Post
    Its definitely not cheating! I measure my hair stretched for the same reason. With shrinkage it is still around neck length, if even.

No idea why anyone would call measuring your own hair cheating.
    Well, I saw once on monthly photo thread that someone (I don't remember which member it was) suggested, maybe half-jokingly that it's a little bit cheating... I had this in the back of my mind ever since.
    Den som väntar på något gott väntar aldrig för länge.