Page 1416 of 1426 FirstFirst ... 41691613161366140614141415141614171418 ... LastLast
Results 14,151 to 14,160 of 14255

Thread: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Length
    Chin/SL/APL
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Quote Originally Posted by M-I View Post
    Speaking of hair styles and tools, I got a claw clip recently and I can really recommend it. It stays up and when I take the clip out, not a single piece of hair goes with it (in contrast to hair ties where I always lose some hair). I can't put it up with sticks yet but this works really well
    I just wore a hair clip out for the first time since like, middle school

It worked really well! I tried to do a french twist but I don't think my ends will fit yet. Or I'm just bad at it. Oh well, I still think it looked ok, just a little messier.

One of my front peices fell out, but I just pulled another one out on the other side to make it look purposeful and I was happy with the look.

Seems like I'm finally on the claw clip train!

I just have one of the cheap ones you can find in any drugstore. If anyone has any specific ones that they like I'd love to hear.

Length
    17/19.5/45CL
    Type
    2c/3a/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by M-I View Post
    Speaking of hair styles and tools, I got a claw clip recently and I can really recommend it. It stays up and when I take the clip out, not a single piece of hair goes with it (in contrast to hair ties where I always lose some hair). I can't put it up with sticks yet but this works really well
    I’ve tried claw clips many times but with my thickness I’ve never found a big enough clip to hold all of my hair up.
    Last edited by unheardletters; December 8th, 2019 at 05:22 PM.
    Stretched: NL - SL - CBL - APL - BSL - MBL - WL - HL - BCL - TBL - CL - FTL

Length
    Chin/SL/Hip
    Type
    1c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Laurab View Post
    I just wore a hair clip out for the first time since like, middle school

It worked really well! I tried to do a french twist but I don't think my ends will fit yet. Or I'm just bad at it. Oh well, I still think it looked ok, just a little messier.

One of my front peices fell out, but I just pulled another one out on the other side to make it look purposeful and I was happy with the look.

Seems like I'm finally on the claw clip train!

I just have one of the cheap ones you can find in any drugstore. If anyone has any specific ones that they like I'd love to hear.
    Yeah I have a cheap drugstore one as well, and I can't do anything fancy with it yet since my hair is so short. But it made me so exited how great it was at holding my hair in place without being damaging at all.

Length
    CBL/CBL+/BCL
    Type
    1c/2a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Siv View Post
    Thanks guys! When I was around SL-APL I never did use any hair sticks at all so I was curious. (I didn't get into hair toys at all until way past WL, simply because I didn't think they suit me - as in, with my style most of them look a bit, misplaced? I've found a couple that I do like since, and I'm glad since hair ties don't hold well for buns anymore and ponytails tend to give me a head ache...)

Anyway, I'd apparently stuffed the videos into a playlist on YouTube at some point so they were easier to find than I thought!!

https://youtu.be/5JhXxMY5CGY
    https://youtu.be/iaV2ihKkBls
    https://youtu.be/vL7ObH2_cXE
    https://youtu.be/ei3Z45JrRN8
    https://youtu.be/ohzSsbQhJK8
    Thank you so much for these videos Siv. I use either a 3 or 4 prong hair fork at this length almost every day as I find it holds in any wispier bits all day. I have got a hair stick & Ive used it but its much harder to get it to stay for long periods of time & I had to redo it quite a bit throughout the day. I used the fork mainly for French twists but now my hair is getting a little longer I have been trying making a bun held with a fork. Im not very good at different types of bun yet but some of the hairstyles are so pretty!

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Hi all,

I am new on the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I found this thread for shoulder length to APL and I got so excited! It's so nice to read other people's experiences. So I accidentally spent an hour or two yesterday reading through this and other threads here on LHC (oooops)!

Happy growing, over

Length
    ChL/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by labelo View Post
    Hi all,

I am new on the forum and just wanted to introduce myself. I found this thread for shoulder length to APL and I got so excited! It's so nice to read other people's experiences. So I accidentally spent an hour or two yesterday reading through this and other threads here on LHC (oooops)!

Happy growing, over
    Welcome to the forum! It's so cool that you decided to participate. No shame, I've done the same

Looking forward to seeing you grow! Good luck
    CHL SL APL BSL WL

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii

Thanks! I'm very excited about it, as I've never been able to grow out my fine, slow-growing, damage-prone hair longer than APL (and maybe not even quite there..). Something as simple as up-do's where the ends are tucked away seem brilliant and I cannot wait to see what effect it will have.

Have you guys had long hair before?

Length
    ChL/SL/WL
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Not really. I think the longest my hair has ever been was bsl. That's partly why I'm taking this journey - to see if my hair actually will grow long! I've tried having a pixie cut, a bob, blonde hair, black, copper. It's one of my goals in life to test out different hairstyles to find the one that suits me the most

What about you?
    CHL SL APL BSL WL

Length
    Chin/SL/APL
    Type
    1b/F/ii/iii

Same as giraff, not really. my hair has MAYBE been BSL, but it's possible APL is the longest, but I have had a pixie and a multitude of bobs. No color switches though!
    I'm just barely brushing my shoulders and it already feels long to me
    Where are you right now with your growth?

Length
    Chin/SL/CL
    Type
    2b/F/ii

I've had hair approaching Classic (with help from this forum - I've been here a LONG TIME) and then cut it all off in a chin length wedge bob! And now it's shoulder length and growing again. I don't know if I'll go all the way to Classic again, but I'm kind of contemplating it? If I can keep my thickness and have it look pretty then I will just keep growing
    Lady Laur of the Dancing Veil in the Order of the Long Haired Knights
    CHIN - SL - APL - BSL - WAIST - HIP - TBL - CLASSIC