Page 109 of 1626 FirstFirst ... 959991071081091101111191592096091109 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 16258

Thread: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

Length
    22/22/32
    Type
    1c/F/ii

Default Re: Calling all who are growing shoulder to APL!

I was just barely touching BSL when I went in for a trim two days ago. I asked for an inch and a half to be cut off, and she took more than 3 So now it isn't even at APL any more.

I was really really upset, but now I'm trying to look on the bright side and hope to be to BSL in about 8 months.

I got a quick growth spurt from taking DE a few months ago, so I'm going to try that again. Maybe that will speed things up a bit! I hope, I hope.

Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by monsterna View Post
    I'm wondering if I've reached APL yet. It's hard to tell. Anyone want to check out my most recent pic and give an opinion? Thanks
    I can't really tell with the dark shirt, but seems close.

Length
    chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Alright. Went to the salon today Granted, I'm loving the color and the highlights! But I thought "hey! Let's do something different. I know! Bangs!" Yeah. She cut them too short. Somehow lip-length became tip of nose-length Monistat to the rescue ...
    It's also really dry and "floofy." I'm hoping a good coat of argan oil and some panacea will take care of it

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wvgemini View Post
    Alright. Went to the salon today Granted, I'm loving the color and the highlights! But I thought "hey! Let's do something different. I know! Bangs!" Yeah. She cut them too short. Somehow lip-length became tip of nose-length Monistat to the rescue ...
    It's also really dry and "floofy." I'm hoping a good coat of argan oil and some panacea will take care of it
    Your bangs will be the length you want before you know it!
    I'm not sure of your hair type but when I hear floofy, it reminds me of my own hair ... I always straighten my bangs with gel when they're a little too short for my comfort, since they look longer when they're lying flat and not puffy. Wet or damp hair, hard hold gel, fine tooth comb to get everything smooth, leave it alone until it's dry, comb out the crunch, voila! Smooth straight bangs that look longer than they would be if they had dried with waves.
    (Actually, I still do a variation of that on my whole head because I like to have my wave/curl pattern a lot looser and straighter than it would be normally ... it's just easier for me to deal with and less tangly)

Length
    12 in/16 in/24 in
    Type
    3a/M/C/i

Since August last year when my hair was just below ear length, it's now just touching shoulder length, so I reckon it'll be at least another six months before I reach APL. Probably nearer a year to get to where it was before I stupidly cut it. Note to self: don't listen to other people when it comes to your hair (unless they're LHC affiliated )

Length
    chin/APL/Hip
    Type
    2b/2c/F/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    Your bangs will be the length you want before you know it!
    I'm not sure of your hair type but when I hear floofy, it reminds me of my own hair ... I always straighten my bangs with gel when they're a little too short for my comfort, since they look longer when they're lying flat and not puffy. Wet or damp hair, hard hold gel, fine tooth comb to get everything smooth, leave it alone until it's dry, comb out the crunch, voila! Smooth straight bangs that look longer than they would be if they had dried with waves.
    (Actually, I still do a variation of that on my whole head because I like to have my wave/curl pattern a lot looser and straighter than it would be normally ... it's just easier for me to deal with and less tangly)
    Thank you This floofy-ness was more like fluffy and fly away type. Over washed floofiness, lol. Fortunately the oil did the trich and my hair is behaving much better now ...

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by wvgemini View Post
    Thank you This floofy-ness was more like fluffy and fly away type. Over washed floofiness, lol. Fortunately the oil did the trich and my hair is behaving much better now ...
    I was very fortunate last month when I went for a trim - I asked my hairdresser to wash my hair with conditioner only, and she did! I think it was Biolage Matrix, and it didn't seem to have 'cones in it cos it didn't make my hair all goopy like CO'ing with 'cones does.

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.

Length
    16/26/50
    Type
    2b/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by CrisDee View Post
    I was very fortunate last month when I went for a trim - I asked my hairdresser to wash my hair with conditioner only, and she did! I think it was Biolage Matrix, and it didn't seem to have 'cones in it cos it didn't make my hair all goopy like CO'ing with 'cones does.
    Thatís great! I'm very secretive about my routine around hairdressers. I donít want them to try and tell me Iím wrong and how I should be looking after my hair or have them look at me strangely, so I keep my routine to myself (Iím probably being a bit paranoid). But to find one that did a CO wash is nice.

I've started trimming my hair myself... I just did a trim this weekend I think itís the third one Iíve done myself
    It looks okay. Just very blunt, because I cant feather or layer the ends myslef. But I think some length will thin out those ends
    Grow grow grow, where it stops no body knows.

Length
    pixie/bsl/waist
    Type
    2c/3a/F/ii

My hairdresser is awesome too ... she asked me when my last shampoo was and decided to only use conditioner when she heard the answer.
    I have the urge to keep going back to my hair salon and spoiling them with nice tips even though my next haircut is 11 months away. So far I've gone back for a manicure/pedicure, brow wax, and a massage.

Flying the friendly skies CrisDee's Avatar
    Length
    pixie/UBL/Hip
    Type
    1a/1b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Kathie View Post
    ...I'm very secretive about my routine around hairdressers. I donít want them to try and tell me Iím wrong and how I should be looking after my hair or have them look at me strangely, so I keep my routine to myself...
    Well I'm a little off the beaten path with a lot of my routines, particularly what I eat - controlled (unrefined only) carbs, little or no sugar, higher protein/fat - so I'm used to people looking at me strangely.

Quote Originally Posted by jaine View Post
    ...I have the urge to keep going back to my hair salon and spoiling them with nice tips even though my next haircut is 11 months away...
    For me, a trip to the salon is a necessary nuisance, like grocery shopping or scrubbing the toilet, yet another thing to fit into my day that sucks time out of the space/time continuum. Maybe if you want to stay away, look at it as a chore rather than a treat?

RIP, Manatawny's Sterling Slam Dunk, call name Mutombo. 6/24/2001 - 6/24/2013. Best. Dog. Ever.