25 26.88%
  • dark auburn

15 16.13%
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Redhead fun

Type
    1c/2a/F/ii/iii

Default Redhead fun

Hi all redheads. I've noticed that natural red hair is one of the most unique and diverse types of hair colour. There is strawberry blonde to copper to titian to auburn to deep russet to dark red and everything in between. My hair has strands of blonde, brown, orange, red, copper, and platinum all mixed together. Tell us about what kind of red you have and how it has changed over the years naturally from childhood and throughout your adult life. Any redhead related stories too!

Length
    16"/49+/-/?
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

ya know, I am not sure what color my hair is considered other than red. My sister has auburn hair and is darker than mine. I am not orangy or blond. As a Red I have a variety of colors and shades from a few that looked black to orange to copper to blond to white (yes white even before I really got white hairs, maybe they were more very light blond). Anyway, you can look at my profile an see.
    Irishred@>--;-- 2a f/M ii

Length
    Hip/Neck/???
    Type
    2c/F/ii/iii

Sadly I only have fake red hair.
    Battle Wench Arvoreen of the Scything Curls in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    1/2/22/30
    Type
    2a/M/C/iii

Mine is naturally all shades of red as well... everything from strawberry blonde streaks to dark auburn curls underneath. My moms hair was a gorgeous orange red... stick straight, fine strands, but thick. She turned heads everywhere.

Length
    :(/:(/36"
    Type
    2c/3a/F/iii

What's weird to me is how my henna'd hair is sooo close to my natural hair but now I feel really comfortable calling it dark auburn because I "know" that it is. I started out life with red hair but it did not stay really red. It became dark reddish brown. I henna now but the color is practically the same as my natural hair. It's just darker indoors and more red outdoors.
    Lady Chalchihuitlicue of the Flowing Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    4/??/??
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii

Look at my siggy and you tell me!

Mum always called it titian as it's probably not bright enough to be copper red but not dark enough to be auburn. I'm not answering until another redhead agrees with me, as honestly, I have no idea.

Atheist & child free. Apparently this is a controversial lifestyle choice...

Length
    Buzz/hip/class
    Type
    3a/3b/M/ii/iii

my hair is dark blond but i have natural blondy copper bits in it which i love!
    Buzz October 2015 to get rid of bendigo and lots of other damage, now Al natural and loving it....where will my journey end? I will tell you when I get there. Lifelong Co washer and LOC method currentl approaching curly hip

Length
    18/20/36
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii

Auburn for me! My hair used to be lighter when I was little, but it's gotten darker the last few years - I just love the colour it is right now.. makes me very happy!!:-)

~Nicole

Length
    1/class/?
    Type
    1a/M/ii

It´s hard to tell because my hair-colour changes with the light conditions and from summer to winter. I don´t have a single photo of my hair which has an accurate colour and sometimes I use henna/cassia for conditioning and to add a little more shine to my own red. It does not change my natural colour much, so no outgrowing line.
    My red got darker with the years, when I was a child it used to be bright copper almost orange, now it´s not red enough to be titian and not brown enough to be auburn. I have some very fine dark blond stray hairs, a majority of medium thick dark coppery hair and some really coarse dark red ones... I think I´ll go and vote for copper because the others fit less than copper does

Length
    22"/hip/tb
    Type
    2c/F/M/ii

I voted auburn though I usually think of it as chestnut... or the color of an old penny.

Firefly
    *******Firefly*******
    2a/F-M/ii ~~ Hip