Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: To chop or not to chop??

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

Default To chop or not to chop??

So right now my hair while straight is 32", but I feel like I've had long hair forever and I almost always have it up in a pony tail or bun. I feel like I need a change, but I'm terrified cutting it off might make me cry even though I keep telling myself it's just hair and it will grow back. Anyway, I guess I'm just looking for some feedback; Although, this might be the wrong place to ask this question since we're all long hair junkies here.

Current Hair

Potential Hair
    Last edited by Spun; March 5th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

Default Re: To chop or not to chop??

Last edited by wintersun99; February 19th, 2010 at 12:15 AM.

Length
    APL/BSL/tlb
    Type
    2c/3a/M/C/ii

I can relate to the feeling of always having your hair up in a ponytail or bun. It does get old after awhile. However, I will say this, for that reason I did a major chop (BSL to long pixie) a few years back. After awhile that hair got old too, so it didn't really fix the problem. Maybe learning new styles for your current hair length, braids, half-ups, updos that are not buns, will get you through. I think you have to learn to be creative no matter what length your hair is or it will get old. If after a month or more of lots of new dos you still want to cut, then give a shorter hairstyle a try. Your hair is very pretty!

Banned
    Length
    ?/26"/?
    Type
    1b/M/ii

Noooooooooo!

Length
    chin/30.5/44+?
    Type
    2c/3a/F/i/ii

Quote Originally Posted by wintersun99 View Post
    Would you be willing to flat-iron on a daily basis? You would need to, given the different hair type and texture...
    This.

What about a wig?
    Some people have a way with words. Others, oh. . . no. . . have. . . way. --Steve Martin

Type
    2a/2b/M/C/iii

I've actually been thinking about it for a couple months. My hair is part of my identity and I'm afraid to let that go, but at the same time I really think I could use a change.
    As much as I love long hair it take ages to dry and if I want to wear it down that's a whole other ordeal (not that I need to explain that to anyone here).

Anyway I'm considering the big chop for tomorrow! You guys are making me question myself even more, though. lol

Thanks for the compliments, btw!
    Last edited by Spun; September 13th, 2009 at 10:07 PM. Reason: To thank

Account Closed by Member Request

Why not just a cut with new layers, different bangs, or some new hair accessories? Than decide if you still want to do a big chop. You can cut off more but you can't add it back as quickly as it comes off.

Do what you want and don't think you have to need validation from anyone else. It's your hair and you can do what the hell you like about it.

However, I know all about not wanting to let go of long hair. But when you are ready to let go, you will do. Don't let anyone question your decisions about yourself. It's your hair and your choice.

Type
    1a/M/ii

When I cut my hair, it had been in the same boring colour, style, and essentially length for almost nine years. I didn't miss it at all, and I was so excited for a change.. for the first two months. Growing it back is not easy!

In addition to being beautiful, your hair has so much versatility at its current length. If you think you're bored now, imagine not being able to create a different hairstyle every day! It drives me nuts.

Length
    shldr/APL/waist
    Type
    1c/M/C/ii

Personally i love the natural look of your hair the way it is now, with it's beautiful waves.
    I think the second look requires a lot of maintainence, including flat-ironing and hairspray every day. Have you tried to simulate the second look by flat ironing it and putting it in a half-up? Maybe you should try something like that before going for such a drastic change, just to make sure you will be happy with the result

"The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance -- it is the illusion of knowledge" (Daniel J Boorstin)