Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: awful inbetweeny stage

Default awful inbetweeny stage

just need to vent my hair is a bob growing out, it was very short in feb layered all the way up the back with a blunt fringe....... now its just grown out and all I do is wear a hairband. I can get a small ponytail in about 3 inches long but its the darn pieces underneath the ponytail that aren't long enough yet!! has anyone else found these bits take ages to grow and fit into the ponytail lol

Length
    pixie/shld./BSL
    Type
    2a/F/ii

Default Re: awful inbetweeny stage

I'm at the in-betweeny stage too (and have been for over a year because I was slowly trimming off henna). There's a lot more you can do here than many people realize. I can't even get everything into a ponytail and I can do 2 French braids (they have to stop being braids and start being pigtails before they reach my neck but that's ok) I've also been doing this hair do a lot:

http://ysolda.com/wordpress/2007/01/10/snow-white-hair/

Depending on how layered your hair is, you may also be able to do 2 small buns, securing with hair pins or scrunchies. Of course you can also do half-ups or 40s-inspired twists and rolls with barrettes. I agree, though, it does seem to take forever to get to the length where you can do a secure ponytail with nothing falling out or needing bobby pins.
    2a F ii

Length
    pixie/messy/bob
    Type
    2a/2b/F/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by detritus View Post
    Wow, that looks great, I'll have to try that myself.

Length
    33.8/Hip/thigh
    Type
    1c/2a/C/iii

I started out with a black Cleopatra bob. Before I knew it I could do a pony tail. I can recommend scalp massaging every night for about 10 min. My hair started growing faster after I started doing daily massages. Itīs important to start pampering the hair as it will be the ends when itīs long and then itīs too late to repair damage. .Throw away any pins you have so you donīt damage your hair.
    Happy growing!
    Lady Geshtai of the Blessed Waters in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    pixie/Shldr/Clsc
    Type
    1b/F/ii

I hate the little bits on the back of my neck! Im growing out an asymetric bob that was really short in the back and long in the front. I cant do a pony but it took forever for the little short hairs to grow long enough, just be patient, they will get there (mine finnaly will all go up!) but until then I suggest either bobby pins or hair clips
    ~~Lady Cēphisso of the Evercolor Inkwells in the Order of the Long Haired Knights~~
    Shoulder!!!!...on my way to Classic!

Length
    4.5in/6 in/36 in
    Type
    1a/1b/M/C/ii/iii

I have just barely grown past this stage, but only for a low pony. If I try to do I mid to high pony, the bottom pieces fall out just like you are describing.

I enjoy wearing two low pigtails, personally.

The only thing that helps is thinking to myself, thank God it's not a pixie anymore! That was even worse...

Put it in a high ponytail, flip the ponytail up against your head and clip it to your head with a big clip like this. Then get some small clippies that look like < twist the left over hair at the bottom and clip those to your head. It ends up looking like the photo I linked. My hair is only two inches sticking out of a ponytail so I don't have much to work with. But that style keeps my hair in check.

ah thanks for all the suggestions will have to try them out! I am an updo idiot though I am not very skilled but I guess that comes with practice

Length
    16"/20/35"

I am in an awful inbetween stage too. I cut my hair in March because of damage and it seems like my hair just isn't growing! I can feel your pain.

Don't Stall On Me Now!
    Length
    Pixie/Hip/Clssc
    Type
    2a/M/ii

I have been there, done the grow out so many times. You all will get through it and before ya know it, you'll be posting with joy and wondering where the time went!

Enjoy your short locks while ya have them because if you're serious about long hair, it'll never be that short again!

Good luck growing! Be patient...