Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Oh, is that how you really feel? :(

Lover of Rainbows & Curls Quixii's Avatar
    Length
    0?/knee+/knee
    Type
    3a/F/M/ii/iii

Unhappy Oh, is that how you really feel? :(

So today I was talking to my friend and somehow I brought up TLHC (here). I mentioned how people with like knee length hair talk about how they take care of their hair, and people with curly hair take care of that, and people with straight hair, and people with wavy hair, and all their different methods. I figured she would think it's cool, as I do, since she has around BSL+ hair. But no, she looked at me and was like, "Wouldn't it be easier to just cut it off?" Clearly she didn't understand that this was a very happy way of discussing what worked and what didn't, and not complaining about how difficult it was (mostly ). Sigh.
    So, in hopes of not making this purely a mini-rant thread - there's so many threads about people that insult you or people about their thread. But has there ever been anyone you'd thought would understand and then some how.. not?
    Knee+ length! Lady Gelôs, Keeper of the Silken Aulaeum in the Order of the Long Haired Knights <3

Default Re: Oh, is that how you really feel? :(

my husband....he is the one who asked my to grow my hair long and stop coloring it.
    I swear he thinks I can make it happen OVERNIGHT.

Length
    14"/28"/hip
    Type
    2a/F/M/ii/iii

I know how you feel.... I had a girl who I worked w/ who told me I had pretty hair- up until that point, I really thought I did NOT have great hair... she was actually my inspiration to grow it out, every time she saw me she would oooh and ahhh...so I joined LHC and was REALLY excited...
    DH wants me to have long hair but doesn't understand all the "stuff" I have to do to keep it healthy and growing well..... okay, can deal w/ that.... would like a little hair happiness though....
    Then, I am at work the other day and a family member of one of my patients came in ... obviously VERY long, but up... got up the nerve to go talk "hair" w/ her...... while she was very sweet (and took down her gorgeous classic length hair for me to look at), looked at me like I was nuts when I tried explaining LHC to her... she was kind of like "um- mine just grows"...
    I am getting no hair love!
    Am FINALLY at waist (note to self, update siggy pic)... To maintain or to not maintain (keep growing).... that is now the question

Quote Originally Posted by redneckprincess View Post
    my husband....he is the one who asked my to grow my hair long and stop coloring it.
    I swear he thinks I can make it happen OVERNIGHT.
    What?!? You can't? Well, at least now I don't feel so alone.

Length
    27/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

I tried to explain in the lunchroom at work about that whole thing with the bird in Canada and the people that abandoned it and then how that LHC woman found it in the dumpster and it wasn't dead after all and like, no one believed me about it so I just went back to eating my sandwich.

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltie_Momma View Post
    I tried to explain in the lunchroom at work about that whole thing with the bird in Canada and the people that abandoned it and then how that LHC woman found it in the dumpster and it wasn't dead after all and like, no one believed me about it so I just went back to eating my sandwich.
    Awww... yeah. Lara and Phoenix!
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    14/19/25ish
    Type
    3b/M/ii/iii

I an so excited because I have been looking around enough and reading enough and posting enough I actually know the phoenix story!! I usually have no clue what they are talking about. Well my boyfriend wants me to grow out my hair but what he really meant was he wanted me to have it the same length as his moms which is apl. Not happening. I am going to my waist. He really really does try to be supportive. He gives me scalp massages all of the time.

Lady Fanchon of the Fields of Clovers in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    27/34/40
    Type
    2b/2c/C/iii

Quote Originally Posted by irishcurls View Post
    I an so excited because I have been looking around enough and reading enough and posting enough I actually know the phoenix story!! I usually have no clue what they are talking about. Well my boyfriend wants me to grow out my hair but what he really meant was he wanted me to have it the same length as his moms which is apl. Not happening. I am going to my waist. He really really does try to be supportive. He gives me scalp massages all of the time.
    OOH - you are so lucky...scalp massages are the best!

Length
    shldr/class/dunno
    Type
    2b/2c/M/ii

Quote Originally Posted by Sheltie_Momma View Post
    OOH - you are so lucky...scalp massages are the best!
    Oh, yes, very lucky!!
    Lady Nêssa of the Fair-Feathered Flight in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Length
    0"/Pixie/???
    Type
    2b/2c/M/C/ii

I know a lot of people like this. I think the only person who cares as much about my hair as I do is my boyfriend, and he's super supportive about everything, like my decision to make an apple pie.

I tried explaining to this one girl at work about the LHC. She's just a little past shoulder, with super fine, i-thickness hair full of splits. She was complaining that it wouldn't grow, but she irons it every day. She never ended up checking out the forum, but it's really her loss.

That said, I would have been really grateful to have found this website years ago. It would have saved me a lot of grief. I wish someone had told me about it!
    Bald Guru Tries Again 2k15 (journal)
    Shaved
    | Pixie | Ear | Jaw | Chin | Collar | Shoulder | APL