Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any Advice For Guys With Fine Hair?

Account Closed by Member Request

Question Any Advice For Guys With Fine Hair?

Hey To All,

My hair texture is kinda "fine" I guess that is what you would technically call it! My hairstylist told me that "You're not "thinning", because you've got a lot of hair, it's just fine textured".

Sometimes my hair looks full on top of my head, and other times you can see my scalp (as If I'm balding)! If my hair is greasy and straight, then my scalp is very visible. However, If I've got it pulled back, or in a style of some sort, then my scalp is covered. Also, if I wash it everyday, that seems to help.

I've been told that it could just be the weight of my hair and the direction it lays on my head (parting) that gives this effect, but I dunno. . . Is there any tricks, shampoo's, products, I could try out to give my hair a fuller/thicker look?! Rogaine?! hehe!

I normally use Garnier Fructis (volume, moisture, length) I'm open to any other recommendations, seeing as to how I know nothing of hair products at this point!

P.S. I've seen the "fine haired thread". . . however do the same principles apply to us guys, as to the ladies with fine hair, or do the guys require different products and methods?

Thank You All, and Peace Out!

Length
    short/short/long
    Type
    3b/F/M/ii

Default Re: Any Advice For Guys With Fine Hair?

Any method that can be used by women with fine hair can be used by men, I would think.

My hair is fine (I, erm, think), but it's really crly, so what I use to keep it under control is a bit different. Plus, my hair never gets greasy--even if I don't wash it every day (it just gets dry as heck), so I can't really give you any other advice. xD;
    (Lord Caswallawn of the Crushing Blow in the Order of Longhaired Knights)

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    Any method that can be used by women with fine hair can be used by men, I would think.

My hair is fine (I, erm, think), but it's really crly, so what I use to keep it under control is a bit different. Plus, my hair never gets greasy--even if I don't wash it every day (it just gets dry as heck), so I can't really give you any other advice. xD;
    ^ LOL that's ok! But thanks for the input!

Length
    15.5?/Shldr/30-34
    Type
    1b/1c/F/iii

I'd say the same rules do apply to women as to men. If you have fine hair, a volumizing shampoo can make it look like you have more hair(if you have a ton of hair though, it just makes your hair go poof!). Gentle products help prevent damage, as fine hair is generally easily damaged(in my experience). I like shampoo bars personally, followed by a vinegar rinse and conditioner if I don't want my hair to poof. Since going off the pill, my hair gets greasy if I don't wash it daily, and normally it smells kinda off if I don't wash it daily.
    Fast typer.
    I have fine hair that I'm working on growing long!

Length
    3"/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2c/C/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by GlassEyes View Post
    What they said.

I bet the length of that thread is daunting (as is any type specific thread), but I know if I had read it a while back I'dve summarized it for you. But I didn't, as it's not my hairtype. (Sorry :/)

Maybe you should skim through it to see if you could find some good experiments to try.
    From a shorty to a long hair, how long shall it take???

Lady Tisiphone of the Avenging Heart in the Order of the Long Haired Knights!

Length
    Pixie/knee/???
    Type
    2a/F/i/ii

Mine's fine, fragile and kind of oily, so for me the best thing to do is clean my scalp well, condition my length, avoid getting conditioner on my scalp, and handle it all gently. If my scalp is happy and my hair is conditioned well enough to minimize tangles, I'm good.

Quote Originally Posted by Fractalsofhair View Post
    I'd say the same rules do apply to women as to men. If you have fine hair, a volumizing shampoo can make it look like you have more hair(if you have a ton of hair though, it just makes your hair go poof!). Gentle products help prevent damage, as fine hair is generally easily damaged(in my experience). I like shampoo bars personally, followed by a vinegar rinse and conditioner if I don't want my hair to poof. Since going off the pill, my hair gets greasy if I don't wash it daily, and normally it smells kinda off if I don't wash it daily.
    ^ I don't even get a proof lol Though sometimes It does get just a little frizzy but not a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by thankyousir74 View Post
    What they said.

I bet the length of that thread is daunting (as is any type specific thread), but I know if I had read it a while back I'dve summarized it for you. But I didn't, as it's not my hairtype. (Sorry :/)

Maybe you should skim through it to see if you could find some good experiments to try.
    ^ Yeah I have been off and on! There is a ton of info! I was hunting for any specifics that may work for me

Quote Originally Posted by Delila View Post
    Mine's fine, fragile and kind of oily, so for me the best thing to do is clean my scalp well, condition my length, avoid getting conditioner on my scalp, and handle it all gently. If my scalp is happy and my hair is conditioned well enough to minimize tangles, I'm good.
    ^ I'll have to try that technique and see if I can tell any difference! Thanks!

Length
    9/waist/TBL
    Type
    1c/F/M/ii

You could try corn starch on bad days, it gives a lot of volume and sucks away the oil. I think it would look lovely in a guys hair, gives sort of a ruffled up look.

Lets see how long this little lump can get. Viva la natural!
    Lady Nemetona, Adept of the Henna Flame in the Order of the Long Haired Knights

Quote Originally Posted by Fethenwen View Post
    You could try corn starch on bad days, it gives a lot of volume and sucks away the oil. I think it would look lovely in a guys hair, gives sort of a ruffled up look.
    ^ Really? I've never heard of that before!

Type
    3a/F/M/iii

have u tried cassia? at least henna does make the hair thicker, i dont know about cassia though.. someone else would have to specify. seems like your haircolour would adapt well to it!