Page 582 of 585 FirstFirst ... 82482532572580581582583584 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 5844

Thread: The Wavy and Wurly thread!

Default Re: The Wavy and Wurly thread!

Quote Originally Posted by DropStitches View Post
    Ooh, such beautiful spirals, aloewurly!
    Thank you! I like how versatile they are. Right now (my second day hair) they're already super relaxed and even more S shaped. Still beautiful!
    Shaven/Shoulder/BSL/Waist
    Sulphate free shampoo, CWC, STC, no cones, no MO

Type
    2c/3a/M/ii/iii

It doesn't look like it's lacking volume at all :) Your curls are incredible, aloewurly!

Quote Originally Posted by ynne View Post
    It doesn't look like it's lacking volume at all Your curls are incredible, aloewurly!
    Thank you so much!! I'm good friends with my frizz and very used to it, so anything else feels a little weighted down
    Shaven/Shoulder/BSL/Waist
    Sulphate free shampoo, CWC, STC, no cones, no MO

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

For some reason, although I think that overall henna straightens my hair a bit, immediately after henna-ing is often when it looks its wurliest! Maybe because I co-wash the henna out, and I don't normally co-wash? Who knows!

Your hair is looking so good! The whurls look great on you at that length

Length
    buzz/15/long!
    Type
    2a/2b/M/ii/iii

Quote Originally Posted by Bat View Post
    Gahh, thanks so much, Bat! It feels very nice to be out of the awkward stage, finally!
    Growing out a buzzcut since September 2019

buzz -- shaggy pixie-ish mess -- chin length -- SL -- APL -- MBL -- waist -- hip

Length
    Short/Neck+/Floor

Gahh, thanks so much, Bat! It feels very nice to be out of the awkward stage, finally!
    *Throws confetti*. I'll be out of the awkward stage when my side shave gets to shoulder, if I'm lucky I'll be passed it before Christmas

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

*Throws confetti*. I'll be out of the awkward stage when my side shave gets to shoulder, if I'm lucky I'll be passed it before Christmas
    Undershave growers unite! I've been growing out a nape undershave for about a year and a half, and I swear for the last year I've kept thinking "this is it, this has to be the most awkward phase" It's currently around collarbone/nearing APL, which means it is now long enough to poke straight into the air when I do a bun (the rest of my hair is nearly waist) and long enough to tangle five minutes after I braid my hair because it all falls out and rubs. I'm thisclose to cutting my hair up to collarbone so it's all one length again, but I hate the grow out from APL to BSL so I'm dealing
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB

Length
    10/19+/fun

ditto....to DropStitches
    Profile pic from a couple years ago(ahem)...

Length
    Buzz/Bob/MBL
    Type
    2b/F/M/iii

Quote Originally Posted by florenonite View Post
    Undershave growers unite! I've been growing out a nape undershave for about a year and a half, and I swear for the last year I've kept thinking "this is it, this has to be the most awkward phase" It's currently around collarbone/nearing APL, which means it is now long enough to poke straight into the air when I do a bun (the rest of my hair is nearly waist) and long enough to tangle five minutes after I braid my hair because it all falls out and rubs. I'm thisclose to cutting my hair up to collarbone so it's all one length again, but I hate the grow out from APL to BSL so I'm dealing
    You would think, after the last year and a half of growing out this kind of undercut https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9e/ab...2528a27693.jpg and STILL being in a bit of an awkward phase, that I would have learned my lesson about shaving parts of my head... but no! I've been seriously considering a nape shave. I've been telling myself that it'll be so much better, because the hair down there is so much more coarse and textured than the rest. Talk me out of it.
    Buzz - Pixie - Bob - SL - APL - MBL

Friend of the Semicolon florenonite's Avatar
    Length
    SL/MBL/Hip
    Type
    2a/F/iii

Quote Originally Posted by LadyStardust View Post
    You would think, after the last year and a half of growing out this kind of undercut https://i.pinimg.com/originals/9e/ab...2528a27693.jpg and STILL being in a bit of an awkward phase, that I would have learned my lesson about shaving parts of my head... but no! I've been seriously considering a nape shave. I've been telling myself that it'll be so much better, because the hair down there is so much more coarse and textured than the rest. Talk me out of it.
    Noooooooo don't do it!! The nape shave grow out is THE WORST. I have been in an awkward stage since The Before Times

I do still think undershaves are lovely, but I think they're best if you want to maintain it long-term, or if you maintain the rest of your hair short enough that it won't take it long to catch up. Me? I cut my hair to shoulder length, got the undershave, and then two months later decided to grow everything out again, so I've been stuck with a 9" distance between the two ever since.

If you're still not convinced: I think the undershave is contributing to damage on the length of my hair, which has never before had much trouble with split ends when I've grown out before, but this time round looks like straw. Part of this I think is damage from hard water, but the damage is exacerbated because due to the undershave I wear my hair loose a lot more, especially for sleeping, because I can't stand the feel of the undershave hanging out of my braids, and buns for bed sometimes hurt my upper back. During the day as well I wear my hair loose more because it's hard to contain the undershave comfortably in a bun (in a low bun, it looks okay, but falls out and tickles the back of my neck; in a high bun, it's more comfortable, but it sticks straight up like an antenna, and even though I'm home all the time I don't love that look every time I glance in a mirror).

So, yeah, the 18 months and counting of awkward grow out are not worth the 3 months I liked it for If you're going to keep it for more than 18 months, then go for it, but otherwise give it a miss
    Lady Nehalennia of the Mirrored-Seas in the Order of the Long-Haired Knights

SL / APL / SBL / MBL / WL / HIP / BCL / TB